Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 8:55 PM Last edited by Delphy : 29th Aug 2008 at 10:10 AM.
Default Major changes to MTS2 - Updated 27th August 2008
Hi All,

Today sees quite a few backend code changes for MTS2 - as well as the apartment life update, I have devised a new search and filtering method which extends the forum/category system to allow multiple arbitrary search parameters to be attached to a particular download.

The technical list is here:
  • Pets -> Cats has been renamed to Pets -> Animals
  • All threads in Pets -> Dogs have been moved to Pets -> Animals and assigned a category of "Dogs"
  • By Room -> Bedroom/Nursery has been renamed to By Room -> Bedroom
  • By Room -> Nursery has been created
  • All threads in By Room -> Bedroom/Nursery with a title of "nursery" have been moved to By Room -> Nursery
  • Categories "Bedding", "Beds" and "Other object" have been added to By Room -> Bedroom
  • Categories "Bedding", "Cribs/Toddler Beds" and "Other objects" have been added to By Room -> Nursery
  • Most download results are now limited to a maximum of 2000 threads. - Reverted back to old code for now
  • The front page has been revamped and should work better on widescreen monitors
  • Additional Search parameters have been added to the following sections:
    • All Lots & Housing sections
    • All Body Shop Clothing sections
    • Body Shop Skintones
    • Body Shop Hair
    • Body Shop Facial Hair
    • Body Shop Glasses and Other Accessories
    • All Buy Mode By Function sections
    • All Game Modifications sections
  • The Upload Wizard now accepts Apartment Life uploads
  • Apartment Life has been added to the user profile
  • Lots & Housing -> Apartments has been added to the download section
  • A download summary has been added to the threads that contain search parameters.
  • Some of the "banner messages" have been incorporated into a rotating message that appears in place of the Site/Tech news

Please note that all creators should double check their uploads to make sure they have the applicable search filters selected. This is to ensure downloaders can find your items! To edit your threads, go to them and click Edit underneath the Download Details box. (You can see a list of your uploads using your profile or via My Feedback)

Until the creators actually update thier items, most of the filters will return nothing... However, as more and more people update then it should start getting back meaningful results.

I hope you like the changes and, as usual, let me know if there are any bugs.

Regards
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
29 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 10:11 PM
Great updates Delphy!

Just 2 concerns:
- Is there a way to view the downloads without clicking "[ Click here to see all downloads ] " everytime you visit?
- Also, I dont see anything in the creator feedback forum, is it just me?

Anyway, thanks again! And keep up the great work with the site, appreciate it! :D
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 11:07 PM
I've reverted back the "2000 threads limit" code for now. However, even if it was still the old way, in most cases you can filter further down to see the rest of the threads, and 2000 threads is some 120+ pages anyway... so who is going to look at all that?

I haven't changed anything about Creator Feedback... but I did accidentally set the www server times 1 month too fast So thats now fixed. Thanks

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 11:09 PM
Lol, ok, thanks for the quick fix!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 11:13 PM
Front page is cool. Still think the advert is too wide, but I understand.

Stupid question, how do I make sure my downloads have the applicable search filters selected?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 11:15 PM
love the new front page, thanks dude

Head Of Staff @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out

Check Out My Sims 3 Houses @SimsArtGallery
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 11:31 PM
Revamp reeevamp!
I'm well proud I've updated all my uploads. How quick am I?!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 11:35 PM
Thanks for the work you put in, Delphy.
Instructor
#9 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 11:45 PM
These updates are really great!!
One thing:the''recent top threads''window shoes the picked uploads,huh?
It's soo nice!Picked uploads definitely deserve their place on the home page!
Great job!

TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL!

23/02/09

I'm bluffin' with my muffin
Not actually evil.
#10 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 12:01 AM
Thank you SO much for the new search flags, especially tops/bottoms. Now to flag all my uploads.... flaggity flag flag!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Forum Resident
#11 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 12:05 AM
Hi Delphy
thank you for the updates!
May you explain how do I update my uploads? maybe you wrote it somewhere else?
Site Helper
#12 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 12:35 AM
I added the appropriate search parameters to my uploads, then did a search to make sure that it worked. Got the following errors:

"Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /download.php on line 126"

"Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php
Line: 27"

Note that I have cookies enabled.
Not actually evil.
#13 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 12:45 AM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 29th Aug 2008 at 4:44 AM.
Found two issues after adding search flags to my clothing...

1) Can't find any way to actually use them in Search. If I use them as keywords, they don't seem to work. I don't see a list of checkboxes, like the one creators get when editing threads.

2) When I edit a thread for the 2nd time, after already adding search flags, some of the search flags are forgotten. For example, I checked age: child, gender: both, type: everyday, and outfit type: top. All those flags were unchecked when I edited the thread for the 2nd time.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Meet Me In My Next Life
#14 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 2:34 AM
Gee, I was confuse before, the changes, Now I do not known my head from my tail. lol
Ok as others on here have ask this same question. How do I make sure my downloads have the updated filter search ?????
Test Subject
#15 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 3:25 AM
hey i have problem after the update. i can't access to the page after 120 in showing all download. ex if i jump to page 614, it still show the contents of page 120 though i cleared all filters and chose "show all download" in the bottom of the download page. help. sorry for my bad english
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#16 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 3:36 AM Last edited by nixnivis : 29th Aug 2008 at 3:43 AM.
THANK YOU for the new search flags! I've always found it a bit lacking to only be able to categorise an upload only for, say, adults, when it's actually a multi-file upload ranging from teen to elder, or to have a skin out down as everyday only when I've actually categorised it as everyday, formal and outerwear. So this makes me very, very happy! You rock, you know that, right?

ETA: I also noticed some disappearing flags, though; while the categories and ages were still there when I checked my uploads, gender (both), clothing style (sci-fi), other type (none), Maxis flags (none) and outfit type (full outfit) had all disappeared. It doesn't retract from my happiness, though.
Site Helper
#17 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
Ok as others on here have ask this same question. How do I make sure my downloads have the updated filter search ?????
Edit your download thread. Scroll down until you see the search parameters for this type of download. Check the appropriate criteria. Save.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 4:43 AM
Thanks Delphy! These changes are great!

I've updated my uploads; hopefully properly. I think this will of great help for creators to get their items in the proper category and to also help downloaders find things easier.

Regards,

~*~ Miska ~*~

"If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."
Forum Resident
#19 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 5:07 AM
I appreciate the need for more organization and more search options, but I'm seriously not digging the new search parameters. Updating my threads would mean pigeonholing furniture sets into "modern" or "ultramodern" categories when they really don't fit into those categories. Overall, I like the changes, but some creations defy definition.

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com
Theorist
#20 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 5:58 AM Last edited by treeag : 29th Aug 2008 at 6:20 AM.
Strange, some of the changes I made to the checkboxes doesn't stick. Age groups and binned/unbinned checkboxes work, but for the others (mods-related, top/full/bottom, etc), they unchecked themselves Am I missing something here?

ETA : I also noticed that some of my uploads don't count to the main graph in the scorecard. The entries for certain uploads aren't listed in the daily main graph although the individual per-item graphs show the counts just fine. I don't know if it's related to the changes you've just made.
#21 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 6:21 AM
Hmm... so that's what you've up to,
I was wondering why they put up {please Masterofallvideogames, stop clicking links to Modthesims2.com[just kidding]})
Thanks delphy!

Everything I do, All Glory will GO TO GOD! All the praises Goes to the Lord on High!
I don't want to gain the whole world and loose my Soul!
MOAVGproductions Youtube channel, subscribe to it!
MOAVGproductions blog/site
Official Facebook page, like it!
Site Helper
#22 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jasonduskey
I appreciate the need for more organization and more search options, but I'm seriously not digging the new search parameters. Updating my threads would mean pigeonholing furniture sets into "modern" or "ultramodern" categories when they really don't fit into those categories. Overall, I like the changes, but some creations defy definition.
Surely, these search parameters are optional... just to help people find things which match specific criteria. If your furniture doesn't fit into these categories, you can avoid checking any of them and just specify your own search keywords instead.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 6:50 AM
Age, gender, and outfit type (the only categories I checked any boxes in) are not sticking for me.
Wiki Wizard
#24 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 8:38 AM
Thanks that is so useful

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 9:48 AM
One of my download sets has not been moved from Bedroom to Nursery. How can I change that?
Page 1 of 5