Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Three Stories of Middle-Earth: The Lay of Leithian

by Licia21 Posted 21st Aug 2008 at 6:01 PM

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 6:08 PM
Wow! These sims are beautiful! Now I want to pull out my Silmarillion and read it again!! Kudos on your project. I can't wait to see how it progresses. I must say I'm a little reluctant to download these wonderful characters. I don't know if I could handle seeing Beren and Luthien doing the smustle!!! ;b Thanks and congrats!!!

Oh and your screen shots are beautiful too!!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 6:22 PM
I've not seen it, but read that J.R.R. Tolkien has "Beren" and "Luthien" engraved on his and his wife's headstones ... (sniff) ... ah....romance!
Inventor
#4 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 6:35 PM
There is a reason for that. Basically, when he and his wife were first courting, they couldn't see each other, and I can't remember the specifics, but he originally wrote the story about them, in a different setting.

And I can think of several other characters you -could- have included - but I suppose if I want to put in a first age neighborhood, I can make them myself

Lovely work

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 7:14 PM
Wow, great idea! You've done a beautiful job... I eagerly await the next two projects! :D
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 7:20 PM
The Sketch of the guy looks like Gerard Butler, he should play him in a film version
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 8:58 PM
Awesome I always loved the story of them <3 Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 12:38 PM Last edited by Licia21 : 22nd Aug 2008 at 12:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Reyn
There is a reason for that. Basically, when he and his wife were first courting, they couldn't see each other, and I can't remember the specifics, but he originally wrote the story about them, in a different setting.

And I can think of several other characters you -could- have included - but I suppose if I want to put in a first age neighborhood, I can make them myself

Lovely work

Well, As far as I know the story of Tolkien and his wife, he saw her dancing the first time they met (the same as the first meeting of Beren and Lúthien).
I was thinking of including Thingol and Melian in this pack, but maybe I'll do this later. Glad you like it, anyway!
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 5:35 AM
I've never found a Luthien I liked more ... good job!!

I can't wait to see whom you will do for the Fall of Gondolin! Any spoilers as to which characters you might choose? On another note, I've always wanted to see an Elrond (my favorite character) and perhaps Elros. I've seen a lot of female Tolkien characters done, here and elsewhere, and they've been done gorgeously, but I feel male Tolkien characters do not have the same ammount of care applied to their construction.

And for god's sake... Bakshi and Jackson forgot him... someone ought to do a Glorfindel! (not exactly First-age material... but that other Glordindel is)
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 8:14 AM
Thanks ever so much for this! It's a beautiful story and these Sims really do them justice!! I can't wait to see the other two parts!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 3:38 PM
About the Fall of Gondolin, for now, I'm planning to make Tuor, Idril, Maeglin and of course somebody alse too, I don't know yet. But first I must finish the Children of Húrin (which is my favourite of these ones). Hope I'll be able to finish it as soon as possible and share it here.
Oh, and, about Glorfindel-wasn't there another one, besides the one in LotR, that actually had a part in the Fall of Gondolin? So, it is First-Age material, after all
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 7:54 PM
Thank you! This is my favorite story in The Silmarillion! Yay!

I think everybody should like everybody. ~Andy Worhol (Go Pittsburgh!!)

98% of teens have drank or been around alcohol. Put this in your signature if you like bagels.

"I don't want to do good things, I want to do great things." -- Lex Luthor
Scholar
#13 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 3:10 AM
Nice work but... Is this really Sci-Fi?? xD
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 7:00 PM
Yay!!! I never saw the pics of them but when I saw the little tab thingy I went "Oh my gosh! That's Luthien and Beren!" You should do a thing with the High Kings and such. That would be soo cool.
Instructor
#15 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 2:52 AM
They are both utterly beautiful. I like especially the eyes on Luthien and the way the eye brows are arched. And Beren looks just right for a Middle Earth hero.

Only problem: the link to helgasims doesn't work anymore. Is there any chance that you could either add the file here or upload a version of Luthien with a non-CC hair do ? I'd hate not being able to play her, she looks so lovely.
Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 3:13 PM
I LOVE YOU. This is a better Luthien than I'd ever imagined. It's...it's.... gah. I don't know what it is, but it reminds me of the magic of reading the Silmarillion for the first time.
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!

P.S. That picture of Beren by Tuuliki looks a lot like Mel Gibson from Braveheart. Not that that's a bad thing...
Banned
#17 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 7:23 PM
I like ..... it alot.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 9:55 PM
I appreciate the hard work you put into making Luthien and Beren. They both look fantastic!

However, and don't mean to sound like a prude, but do you still plan on doing the other Silmarillion characters you said you were interested in? Given how well these two turned out, I would love to see your take on Turin.