Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 5:16 PM
Thank you so so so so so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 3:07 PM
Thank you so much IssaNet. Just starting to create stuff and was devastated when homecrafter wouldn't work. Now I can create to my hearts content.
Test Subject
#28 Old 19th Aug 2008 at 3:05 AM
I was having this trouble too, no thanks to ea support .... after 2 days of going back & forth with them they finally sent me the same email as you miska. I was not happy & I told them so too.

Thanks to you IssaNet .... HC works again. You're best!!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 19th Aug 2008 at 4:20 PM
Issa that is wonderful. Thank you so very much. I hope you don't mind but I propose to host this file on my site so it's available to me and others who find it hard to plough through miles of posts. Many thanks again for solving the riddle!
Test Subject
#30 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 12:47 AM
Just one additional observation......

After you install the modified application the desktop shortcut also works to start it.

Is there a manual anywhere for this program or is the readme file all there is?
Test Subject
#31 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 12:20 AM
ThanXXX....
Issanet! you are awesome... It's worked. I'm so Happy
Test Subject
#32 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 1:33 AM
This really worked and THANK YOU YOU ARE AWESOME...Very uncool of EA to drop the ball like that.
Test Subject
#33 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 11:05 PM
tried everything suggested and its still not working for me, i give up
Test Subject
#34 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 2:30 AM
Thanks so much miska...I've been troubled by this for ages and just found this thread...
Test Subject
#35 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 10:55 AM
Default It still doesnt work :'(
Please Help. I've followed IssaNet's instrutions, downloded the rar and the zip (seperately) but nothings changed. Once again PLEASE HELP.
Test Subject
#36 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 6:34 PM
Don't understand how to do this! :(
Quote: Originally posted by IssaNet
Please excuse me as this is my first ever post. I had the same issue today as I tried to install the Homecrafter Plus. I am running XP Pro SP 2 with every Sims 2 Expansion pack and CC pack thru Ikea. Here is what I came up with. I happened to have a previously used version of the TS2HomeCrafterPlus.exe that was modified in 2006 instead of the default one that comes with the download installation.

I used it to overwrite the default one located here: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 HomeCrafter Plus\HCBin

I then deleted all the error files located in this folder.

When trying to execute the TS2HomeCrafterPlus.exe I noticed in task Manager that TeaTimer.exe was pinging out my machine. I ended that process as it is only associated with SpyBot. (sounds like SpyBot didn't like it to me)

I executed the exe from within the c drive folder and....

It took a little time and lag to load but it finally came up and I am in like flynn.

I am trying to attach the exe in a rar file (hope it works). If anyone else can help by placing it into a zip file for those that don't use rar it would be greatly appreciated.

Hope this helps anyone.....

thanks so much issanet i know yuo;ve fixed the bug but i'm new to all this kind of stuff and so ive tried replacing the homcrafter file with the one you provided but after a while it just comes up with a box with nothing in it then an option to click ok so i click it and nothing happens... what did you mean by deleting the error files? and could you please provide a simple way to do this, cause quite frankly i have no idea what you're talking about!! haha. i would appreciate it if you could. Thankyou
Instructor
Original Poster
#37 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 9:20 PM Last edited by cameronsnan : 12th Sep 2008 at 9:19 PM.
To everyone who finds this a bit hard to follow, I have written an easy to understand guide. Please PM me
Test Subject
#38 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amysmom
Same thing happening here!
I checked the logs:
C:/Program Files/EA Games/The Sims 2 HomeCrafter Plus/HCBin

In mine I have several TS2Uberkat files, one for every time I tried to start it. They are notepad documents with the following:

Exception time: 07/28/2008, at 20:11:26.
Exception code: 0xC0000005 (-1073741819) ACCESS_VIOLATION.
Current thread ID: 2640 (0x00000a50).
Version information:
Application/module path: C:\PROGRA~1\EAGAME~1\THAACC~1\HCBin\TS2HomeCrafterPlus.exe
Application/module version name: The Sims 2 HomeCrafter Plus
Application/module version: 1.0.0.988
System version: Windows NT 5.1
System memory: 1536 Megabytes total, 1084 Megabytes free.
Application/module configuration: ReleaseSRT

Exception module: C:\PROGRA~1\EAGAME~1\THAACC~1\HCBin\TS2HomeCrafterPlus.exe.
Exception address: 0x00402d27. Section:Offset: 0x01:0x00001d27.

Registers
EAX: 00000000
EBX: 009fca98
ECX: 00000000
EDX: 00000001
ESI: 0012f720
EDI: 00000001
CS:EIP: 001b:00402d27
SS:ESP: 0023:0012f41c EBP:0012f434
DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003b GS:0000
Flags: 00010246
and then a long list of Loaded Modules.

What I don't get is the Access Violation. I only have one login on this computer, and it is obviously and administrater's login.
Whaaa??

I'm running a new install of Windows XP, have all the ep's and sp's installed. I did get it to run a couple of times by right clicking the shortcut, and choosing Run as.. and leaving it as Current User, with the Protect My Computer....thing checked. But then it shows floors from the base game only, and limited walls. NO custom content, and I have plenty.
So I tried the Run as..Current User, and unchecked the box to see if cc would show up, and I just get another file in the HCBin log, another access violation.

I just downloaded it today, too. Suppose it's a borked version??

Also, just saw your edit: I, too have Ikea installed.

I don`t think IKEA is causing it beacuse I have the same problem and I DON`T have IKEA installed. :S
Test Subject
#39 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 4:29 PM
Thank you so much IssaNet! It worked!
Test Subject
#40 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 6:42 PM
Default help!
i did everything too and im on vista,and its still not working...cant get the rar to work or the one i first downloaded,they wont even open up...can someone give step by step instruction on this plz?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#41 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 9:11 PM
Test Subject
#42 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 5:22 AM
Default Spoke too soon
Quote: Originally posted by tears_rain15
I have had the same problem in the past I run on Vista also. What I have found is if I don't use the shortcut but got to the file location which is easy just right click on the short cut if you dont know where it is then hit open it still takes time for it to open but not an hour. Make sure nothing unnecessary is running,hidden stuff like itunes or anything and it should work much faster. Also getting a registry cleaner might help if you are a big downloader. All the junk files tend to mess with that and bodyshop for some reason.Hope this helps!!! And the IKEA is probably not it. But who know with the new stuff.SimPE is not ready for that yet but since Homecrafter and bodyshop is an EA software that to me would seem highly unlikely.If nothing else redownload it...

Okay I had to buy a new computer and Now no Homecrafters I get the ACCESS Violation as well now so I am trying to figure out SimPE If anyone knows of a tutorial or direct link please let me Know Ea is so not my favorite at this point!

"Dont Think About Making Art Just Get It Done; Let Everyone Else Decide Weather its Good Or Bad;Weather They Love It Or Hate It;While They Are Deciding Make More Art." Andy Warhol
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#43 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 5:00 PM
This solution doesn't work for me. I recently had to reformat my pc, re-install all my games. Then I redownloaded/re-installed Homecrapper.. er crafter. It isn't creating the necessary folders to do as this thread suggests. In fact, it doesn't create any folders at all. Not even a 'Working' sub-folder that is supposed to be in the project folder.

So basically folks, if you at any point have to re-install your games, or reformat your pc, say goodbye to Homecrafter. This sucks. Now I gotta go learn the 50,000 steps involved in recoloring walls etc... in SimPe.

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
#44 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 5:11 PM
Sim_Me, and anyone else still having problems: Go back to post number 19 in this thread, and try THAT solution! It only involves replacing the HomeCrafter executable itself with a NEWER one than EA/Maxis included in their broken download. IT WORKED FOR ME. It`ll work for you!
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#45 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 5:56 PM
GeneralOperationsDirector, at first, it didn't work, but thanks to your insisting that it does work, I uninstalled HCP, then I had to psychically delete the Homecrafter/HCBin folders from the C drive that it left behind after un-installing. Then I re-installed. I tried again as IssaNet suggested, and it worked Thank you!! Thanks to IssaNet also!!

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
#46 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 6:03 PM
Glad I could help!
Yer welcome! Don`tcha jest love it when EA/Maxis puts up an "updated" download with an out-of-date executable in it, then refuses to acknowlege anything related to it?
Test Subject
#47 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 6:16 PM
Default still needing help
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
Sim_Me, and anyone else still having problems: Go back to post number 19 in this thread, and try THAT solution! It only involves replacing the HomeCrafter executable itself with a NEWER one than EA/Maxis included in their broken download. IT WORKED FOR ME. It`ll work for you!

Ok but it isn't working for me, does it matter if i don't have teatimer on the task manager applications???? I am still very confused. no offence intended but what the hell does executable mean, help...
#48 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tyirannoss
Ok but it isn't working for me,
What, exactly, did you DO?
does it matter if i don't have teatimer on the task manager applications????
No. I don`t have that application, myself.
I am still very confused. no offence intended but what the [bleep] does executable mean, help...
An "executable" is the file that contains the code that defines the program, ie, it is the file that you "execute" when you want to run the program.
Test Subject
#49 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 9:26 PM
Oh my god. Thank you so much Issanet!
Absolute genious.
=D
Test Subject
#50 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 7:22 AM
Thank you sooo much Issanet! My Home crafter was not working, but then you made it work again! Thanks
Page 2 of 6