Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simple and Modern Multi-Level House - "Hollywood Hills" Style

by CynicalChick Posted 23rd Jun 2008 at 9:38 PM - Updated 5th Sep 2008 at 6:04 AM by CynicalChick

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 9:58 PM
This is awesome! I've always wanted a house like this on a slope. Fantastic job!

Thank you! :D
Instructor
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 9:59 PM
WOW NICE!!!!!!! this is great!!!!!!!! no not great AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 11:45 PM
wow, this looks like one helluva project! thanks!
Site Helper
#5 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 12:38 AM
Very interesting lot. I'm curious how you did the multi-level foundation.

Quote: Originally posted by CynicalChick
When you place this lot, make sure it's really, really where you want it.. your results might be different but after moving the lot, the steep slope had leveled itself leaving a large "ridge". It was fairly simple to fix, but you may not want to go to that much trouble.
If someone decides that they really want to move the lot after placing it, the terrain can be reset back to the original terrain using HoodReplace:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=279992

Note that you'll need a backup of your neighborhood package which was made before the lot was placed, ie:
1) make a backup 2) place the lot in your neighborhood
3) if you aren't happy with the location, move the lot and then use HoodReplace to restore the neighborhood terrain from your backup
Quote: Originally posted by CynicalChick
Also, tho I haven't experienced this, I have heard from a few people that lots that have been expanded/shrunk sometimes can't be moved to another location.
This shouldn't happen once a lot has been packaged. However, if someone is having problems moving the lot, you can use the LotAdjuster to move the lot within the neighborhood.
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 1:16 AM
Thanks for the info... the few lots that have been adjusted tend to stay where I built them. I don't move them around too much.

I used boolprop ConstrainFloorElavation false on the foundation with a lot of trial and error to get the look I wanted. It took about 12 hours just to get the foundation and a few basic walls in place.

And thanks for the comments everyone..

"I guess I should warn you: If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 5:38 AM
Wow – you've finished it and it looks wonderful! Patience isn’t one of my top virtues but you’ve made it so well worth the wait

Now, to find the perfect sim to move into this modern marvel. . .

retired from creating for the Sims 2
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 6:08 AM
This house is awesome! It will be great in my game
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 10:33 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 19th Oct 2008 at 2:41 AM. Reason: Edited out quote from deleted post.
this is amazing

when all else fails , give up!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 11:25 AM
I don't download that many houses anymore, have so many and just recolour the ones I liked the best, but this one I just HAD TO have!

It must have been a LOT of work and it looks just great!!

Thank you for sharing!
Alchemist
#11 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 1:47 PM
It looks fantastic and a veritable Icon will move in there! Thanks,
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 10:35 AM
It looks awesome! great work!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#13 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 4:37 PM
This is awesome! Hillside houses are severely under-represented in the Sims world... your house looks great. Thanks for sharing it!

There's always money in the banana stand.
Test Subject
#14 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 10:39 PM
sick house dude! but i have a challange to ya ;=) send me a msg and ill tell you
Wiki Wizard
#15 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 8:10 PM
Wow great house, thanks, how did i miss this!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 3:40 AM
wow!! I had seen the building plans online for this house and I thought about creating it myself, but I didnt want to bother with all the diffrent levels lol! I cant believe you managed this so well. My lot Modern Barbados was inspired from that website too. Probably from the same architect :-)
Test Subject
#17 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 10:17 PM
I have these exact floor plans! You are not officially my idol! I spent over an hour trying to work my way around how in the world i would build it and then i finally put it down and said i would tackle it another day... but now seeing this! i dont have to lol! YOU ROCK!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 1:32 AM
This is amazing. It's something different and it looks hard to make. I'm glad someone did it. Thank you.
Instructor
#19 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 12:48 AM
I like this house and I'm sure it took you quite awhile to make, but it's too hard to decorate, thanks to the sloping. Also, it floods a lot on beach lots/island terrains.
#20 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 1:30 AM
Thank you, CynicalChick! I`d seen this download before, but couldn`t use it. Now I have all the prerequisites installed, and I have a few places where such a lot might fit. Downloaded!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 5:11 AM
I really liked the look of this house, and enjoy it for the sims I placed in it. The only downside I found with it is the basement floor. The fact that I couldn't hang things on the walls except the walls slipping the basement in half.
But I did recently go into a vacant version of it and redid the basement so that ALL walls support wall required items.
I even did a mountain retreat version based on the sloped lot. Thanks for this house.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#22 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 7:00 AM
Unusual design.