Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Recolours of Numenorian Wood Stairs -- 5 Maxis matching, 1 HolySimoly matching

by plasticbox Posted 5th May 2008 at 11:44 AM - Updated 15th Mar 2009 at 4:54 PM by plasticbox

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
#2 Old 5th May 2008 at 8:24 PM
That's a good idea Plasticbox ! and many thanks !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th May 2008 at 9:04 PM
Yay! I use these and the open wrought iron stairs all the time, so now I have some nice new colors for them. Thanks for pointing out that great dark hardwood from holy simoly too!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th May 2008 at 9:26 PM
Awesome! Thanks
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th May 2008 at 10:15 PM
Oh, that's absolutely perfect! Thank you
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 6th May 2008 at 12:12 AM
Love it! Your recolors are great
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th May 2008 at 1:50 AM
I love love love these!! Thanx so much!
Instructor
#8 Old 6th May 2008 at 3:04 AM
You are my hero!! Thanks so much for this. :D
Scholar
#9 Old 6th May 2008 at 6:57 AM
Very, very good idea! This is one of the things I always missed in the game! Thank you

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Field Researcher
#10 Old 6th May 2008 at 1:29 PM
very nice ! i was looking for some light wood recolours, thankyou !

Head Of Staff @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out

Check Out My Sims 3 Houses @SimsArtGallery
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 6th May 2008 at 8:50 PM Last edited by jmeyers655 : 9th May 2008 at 7:30 PM. Reason: Update:
Great job. I'll be trying them out soon. One small problem, the first file (distressed) won't download. Keeps giving an "Unexpected end of archive" error. I'll come back later for that one.

Update: Got a download manager that works and downloaded with no problem. I had File Planet DM, but it was useless. Just got Free Download Manager (someone here suggested it, thanks) and it works great.

Albert - 2/14/1990-6/2007 He was no dog, he was my short, furry, four-legged, person. And I miss him.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 10th May 2008 at 1:43 AM
great colors!

(())
//\\
"Well I'm in business...business of kickin' your a**, and let me tell you, business is booming! I'm open for business, business of givin' you the business...up your butt!" ~Meatwad from Aqua Teen Hungerforce
Forum Resident
#13 Old 10th May 2008 at 6:24 PM
Thank you! I've been looking for stairs to match that maple (I think it's maple) wood floor (the next to last picture)... these are perfect :D

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Theorist
#14 Old 11th May 2008 at 5:07 AM
Thanks they look great
Field Researcher
#15 Old 14th May 2008 at 7:00 AM
These are great -- I've always wished there were stairs that matched the floors better, so thank you!

Why did Maxis do that? So many wood items just don't match?!!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#16 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 6:58 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a fence (the one that has a similar design to these stair rails) to match the distressed wood recolour?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 5:04 PM
Superb work on the Distressed, absolutely perfect in game! Thank you.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 8:20 AM
thank you very much

I can't speak read and write english. I'm sorry if you can't understand!.
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 1:49 AM
Some of the best recolors I've seen, thanks bunches~
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 2:43 PM
These are very pretty recolors. I use the Numenor stairs and Reyn recolors most of the time so do these work just by themselves? Because so far I've been using scriptorium so I'm just wondering if these are somehow different...
But the colors are perfect, I really like them.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 2:02 AM
Clarina,

these are recolours, not objects. They need the original mesh to work (which you already have).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Does anyone know where I can get a fence (the one that has a similar design to these stair rails) to match the distressed wood recolour?

Now there is one! See update in the OP, or look at the profile of HugeLunatic.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#23 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 6:08 AM
I love these colors. Don't know how I missed seeing them for so long. Well, yes, I do. There is just too much great stuff to see it all unless I don't do anything else at all. LOL. Anyway, glad I have found them now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 8:23 PM
Thank you ! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 12:57 AM
thank you