Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Full Set of Default Face Replacement Templates!

by Katuchan Posted 30th Apr 2008 at 12:39 AM - Updated 30th Aug 2008 at 9:10 PM by Katuchan

88 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 71 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd May 2008 at 9:25 PM
These are very nice, each face has a distinct look. I'm loving it.

"I didn't lose my mind, it ran away and refuses to come home"
I am like an oreo cookie, sweet at first but I cause cavities.
I R A pirate. Arr!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd May 2008 at 9:25 PM
OMG this is the best set of replacements yet

Thanks for your time and efforts!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 3rd May 2008 at 10:08 PM
Love the variations! Thank you.

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd May 2008 at 10:25 PM
Wonderful, Katu! Many lolz were had @ WELLA!
Muchos gracias for the mini-tut for SimPE!
Need more exclamation marks? !!!!!

I basically just like to play uglacies.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd May 2008 at 10:35 PM
Arg... these look so darn cool. Yes it's time for me to change my defaults. Thank you for these.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Field Researcher
#7 Old 3rd May 2008 at 10:46 PM
Wow. These look very realistic and very much different from one another; other faces I've gotten were too androgynous or too similar. I hope you haven't neglected the side-views of the faces, either; a face can look pretty different from the front and the side, and I like my Sims to look good on all angles. ;3
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd May 2008 at 11:14 PM
Woohoo, they finally got approved! They look awesome, just like I had thought they would. Thanks so much for sharing them with us - and I'll check them out in Body Shop as soon as I've shut down my game (which is running in the background *LOL*)!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd May 2008 at 11:17 PM
They look great! Thanks! xD

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
This is how long I spend playing The Sims 2
Wow, my head stopped my body from getting really hurt on that! Johnny Knoxville
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th May 2008 at 1:17 AM
I love these so much! Thanks :D!!!
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th May 2008 at 1:24 AM
YAY I've been waiting for these! Great work
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 4th May 2008 at 4:15 AM
Heavens above, they did take awhile to approve this, didn't they? I'm happy to have them now though.
Wait, scratch that. They all look so awesome. How am I supposed to pick which ones to use? I like Pooklet's and Selzi's too. Why did you have to make them all so awesome? D<

Stability :: Sanity :: Reality
These are subjective and nonessential.
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th May 2008 at 4:29 AM
Katu, they're LOVELY!!!! Thank you! (simmiesworld)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th May 2008 at 4:51 AM
Gothika: WOW, that is really a compliment, thank you! ^_^

Swampcandy: I love "wella." It's like my favourite word now. And thanks for the extra exclamation marks! I'll definitely be using those. :D

falcophoenix: Thank you! I think I did a good job on the profiles, I did make a point to try and make them all as unique as possible, but some of the faces may have similar noses because there are only so many side-view options. ^^; I hope you like them in your game!

Selzi: YES! I'm so happy! I'm really flattered that you want to try them out, I hope they live up to expectations!

ryukofaeris_of_the_dracs: Yes, it did take a while, but it was definitely worth waiting. And I didn't mean to make your choices harder! In my game I use Selzi's second, Oepu's, and some of Pooklet's. I just generate a batch of townies with each and then choose my favourite out of them and use that one as a "leave in" set. ^_^

To everyone else: Thank you so much! :DD

And also, sorry for my massive amount of emoticons. I tend to hemorrhage them when excited. :D
Field Researcher
#15 Old 4th May 2008 at 5:28 AM
Thank you, I was waiting for these after you posted about them!

Shawnee
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th May 2008 at 5:56 AM
I can't wait to try these in game, I like how each face looks really different from the other.. which is the point really haha. Anyway, thank you so much! :D
Scholar
#17 Old 4th May 2008 at 6:26 AM
Hi katu! These are great. I was getting a bit bored of my current default replacement faces so these will give a nice variety to my hoods. Good job!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 4th May 2008 at 7:32 AM
I love these but in game it doesn't appear
it just makes my sims faces completely black :[

Our love... will never die no matter how many times people try to destroy us
Scholar
#19 Old 4th May 2008 at 9:26 AM Last edited by Mihura : 4th May 2008 at 9:46 AM.
Usually I'm not up for default replacements but this time I will change my mind. :p
Pretty job, I like the faces and their diversity. Thank you Katuchan !

PS : a special thanks for the so nice elf face.

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 4th May 2008 at 9:46 AM
these look great!! thanks! :D

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.

Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th May 2008 at 11:29 AM
They're very attractive and different from each other, but I'm concerned with how well will they breed together... some of the faces are placed higher, some are lower... won't it make awkward-looking kids a big possibility?
Inventor
#22 Old 4th May 2008 at 12:24 PM
Wow - they look great!

The only thing, I noticed is that the mouths are a bit to high and there is not so much space and variation between the mouths and the noses of the sims.

But overall the faces really look great and besides that mentioned above there is a good variation and nearly every face is unique.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 4th May 2008 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by portraitofsecrets
I love these but in game it doesn't appear
it just makes my sims faces completely black :[

Hmm...that's odd. It doesn't seem like anyone else is having that problem, and they work fine in my game. Did you maybe forget to take out your old set of replacements? That's the only thing I can think of that could cause something like that.

Quote: Originally posted by icnitos
They're very attractive and different from each other, but I'm concerned with how well will they breed together... some of the faces are placed higher, some are lower... won't it make awkward-looking kids a big possibility?

As I mentioned to your other comment, you do bring up a very good point. I'm going to do some testing of this when I get home from work - if anyone else would like to help out, I'd love to know the results. If any demons are spawned, I'll have to do some tweaking.

Quote: Originally posted by himawara106
The only thing, I noticed is that the mouths are a bit to high and there is not so much space and variation between the mouths and the noses of the sims.

Ah, yeah...that's probably my personal preference showing through. ^^; I like noses and mouths close together. However, if I do end up tweaking the faces, I'll definitely keep this in consideration.

And thank you again, everyone. :D
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th May 2008 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katuchan
As I mentioned to your other comment, you do bring up a very good point. I'm going to do some testing of this when I get home from work - if anyone else would like to help out, I'd love to know the results. If any demons are spawned, I'll have to do some tweaking.

I went out and tried them; while some do breed funny, it makes for some interesting-looking sims, if ever-so-slightly demonic.

I think I'll keep them for a bit, but would definitively love if their collective features were a bit more aligned, as to better blend with Maxis-made characters, other default faces, and each other (and yes, I know it's very difficult to accomplish that, I tried to make default face replacements mysef and that was the reason why I never uploaded mine).
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 4th May 2008 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icnitos
I think I'll keep them for a bit, but would definitively love if their collective features were a bit more aligned, as to better blend with Maxis-made characters, other default faces, and each other (and yes, I know it's very difficult to accomplish that, I tried to make default face replacements mysef and that was the reason why I never uploaded mine).

I know what you mean - but I don't see any way to make a set of 27 faces that are all very different AND have similar proportions at the same time. When I made my second set (Thanks for linking to it, katuchan!) I paid close attention to keeping the same proportions in every face. The result: The faces breed very well with each other, but many people think they look too much alike.

I think you have to decide for yourself what is more important to you - similar faces with pretty offspring, or great variety in your townies and some demon-spawn at the same time. The second choice is definitely more interesting as you never know what you're getting when your sims have kids - but if you're going for beauty the first choice would suit you better!
Page 1 of 4