Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SoHo West Broadway Apartments over Restaurant~No CC~Part of the Living In SoHo Series

by Rosehill9991 Posted 15th Apr 2008 at 3:43 AM - Updated 8th Sep 2008 at 3:33 AM by Rosehill9991

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Alchemist
#2 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 10:59 AM
Hi Rose, this place looks great and playable, I like the many details (the phone box is so realistic). The disappearing columns fact is a weird glitch I also experienced but in my case they were cc columns and it didn't happen every time the sim moved, it seemed a random thing, very strange I agree.
However I think it's acceptable when the lot is so lovely! Thank you for sharing and ciao.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 11:42 AM
i can already imagine to run a restaurant there!!! very cool lot!!! thanks!!!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 12:17 PM
this place is beautiful. can't wait to use it!
Instructor
#5 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 6:23 PM
Another excellent addition to your Living in SoHo Series. ^_^

Sure. Fine. Whatever.
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 4:56 PM
Isn't it look like the photos of Sims 3? There was a photo like that. It's very good.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 6:48 PM
simlogical has a hacked shrug to make things stay when moving: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...MovingHouse.htm

It's really great what you create with only maxis items, I couldn't do that!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 9:13 PM
thankyou everyone for downloading and commenting. Its really helpful and nice to hear if you like the lot. psychosim0 I know that shrub your talking about. Its very useful.
Oh and didem91 its funny that you mention that because your right. The screenshots were a big influence but also a real life restaurant in SoHo was the inspiration. I think its called Vesuvio, but I dont remember.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 3:19 AM
OMG. :D I love this, Rose, I really do. It's these lots that inspire me to expand my city neighborhood. I can't get enough of them! Thanks so much for sharing these, this is absolutely fantastic. <3
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 2:19 PM
All i can say is WOW.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 2:08 AM
Sometimes its really hard to know what would look nice and what people would like to put in their game. So your comments are very much appreciated!

Starfish of Terror, that is so awesome. I actually kept going a little longer with this series cause of nice comments like that from you and others. Thanks again
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 7:50 AM
Awesome! Thankyou very much!

I've been really enjoying your SoHo series and so have my Sims.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 2:37 AM
It looks great. I'm Ian. I thought I'd just say that I came across your Soho Living Series, and I think you did a great job on it. I just got University, so I'm looking forward to some new lots. I'd be happy to peruse a few of your lots for young adults going to school. If you'd like to see my lots, they're available on the sims 2 website under my profile at ianbradley26.
Test Subject
#14 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 8:39 PM
Hey, this house is very nice but I don't like one thing. When I furnish my apartment upstairs and put a stove in the kitchen, in the play mode the cook immediately appears in MY apartment at MY stove... I don't really like a total stranger cooking in my apartment I understand that he's a part of the restaurant, but can't the restaurant be just downstairs and not mess with my sims?.. So is there any way to get rid of the cook?
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:06 AM
This is absolutely brilliant. Haven't been playing sims for long but decided to give it a go. Kept it as residential till I figured what to do. Now going to leave as is, talk about a whole new dimension to the game. The waiter pops up to the apartment at regular intervals to clean up ( even bathroom) my guests hang around the restaurant order meals and pay for them themselves so no more cooking for me. The greeter even gives me 30% discount if I order a meal. My simmy has it all sussed to, every now and again she will just pop downstairs autonomously and help herself to free coffee and drinks from the bar. Thank you so much for this when I feel I know what I am doing will turn it into a home business. Even fulfills date want to eat out. No loading screen what more can I say to big up this idea. In my game the cook has never been upstairs.
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 8:27 AM
Anna S have you put the stove in downstairs from the Open for business collection. Also the one upstairs must be from the residential buy catalogue. If you are running it as home business I am sure you can lock your door to the upstairs like in university. Hopefully someone else will tell you how to do this while I read up on it.
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 6:51 PM
thank you so much! You're Living In Soho collection is amazing!

Hullo Thar!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 3:22 AM
Thank you so much Anna S, I know exactly what your talking about. This drives me crazy too. I agree with patdee's solution. I changed the stove and put a lock on the door. This kept the pesky waiter out of the kitchen that he shouldnt have been in :P

Rose Hill

I love this one the most
Dedication, Determination, Deliberation
THANKS POST
#19 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 9:54 PM
lol