Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sunnyview Dormitory - Apartment Style Dorm for your Students

by himawara106 Posted 6th Apr 2008 at 12:34 PM - Updated 16th Sep 2008 at 12:22 PM by himawara106

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 9:10 PM
Lovely Dorm, you should check out the one I did, very simmiler. We almost used the same name! http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=268228

Life is a curious game..
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 9:52 PM
Yes, I actually want to give it the same name without knowing about your dorm. But then I searched as a precaution if the name does exist for lots and found yours. So I renamed it to Sunnyview, but on one picture I typed it wrong - sorry.
It was not intentional. But our dorms look quite different and I like yours too.

BTW: I like your avatar. :D

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 2:40 AM
Great job on the dorm. You have inspired me to play University and I haven't done that in a longggggggggg time.

Keep up the great work.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 5:37 PM
@T-Wan: That's a great compliment - thanks! Glad you are enjoying it.

Scholar
#6 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 6:37 PM
A pretty work ! I like the swimming pool and the music room. I'm sure my students will be happy there. Thank you Himawara !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 9:02 PM
Thanks HP all the way! Thinking of make a uni of HP but seems a big job. Very strange you almost named it exactly the same. Thanks for the upload.

Life is a curious game..
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 7:24 PM
Though it looks completely different, the concept of these is very similar to some off-campus apartments near my university. Good job!
Wiki Wizard
#9 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 12:03 PM
Great dorms, thanks

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 10:35 PM
Thanks quix and Deluxe Design. Glad you like it and find it useful ingame.

Test Subject
#11 Old 25th May 2008 at 12:56 PM
I love it! The yellow colour makes it especially "special"! :D
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 6:39 AM
I like this A LOT. Wow, thanks. Now I don't have to go in and make a perfect dorm. /<
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 8:14 PM
Wow, it looks pretty amazing.But I downloaded it in my new neighborhood and whenever I try to use it it quits the game.
Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 3:46 PM
@AmazonUser:
You need all the above Expansion Packs (Uni, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons). When you don't have all, then you can't play the lot.
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 9:34 PM
I have all of them.And more.Did you use anything from another exspansion pack?
Inventor
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 10:05 PM
No I didn't, sorry - all EPs should be listed that I have used for building it.
So for me it's working well and for others too. Sorry, don't know why it does not work with your installation.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 12:33 AM
Have you tried converting it into an apartment? I did (I have Apartment Life) and I had to do some extensive remodeling. Unfortunately, it kept giving me the invalid apartment message, so I ended up deleting the lot. I still have it in my downloads folder though.

If you do decide to try it, and it works for you, any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I may just go ahead and try it again anyway, without all the extensive remodeling.
Inventor
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 12:00 PM
@Momthing
That's an interesting thing. I now have apartment life too, but I didn't try to build an apartment myself yet. I just read that it's not so easy to build one and that there are cheats for it, but for now it didn't work for me to change in the built mode with one of the cheats, when I am on an apartment lot.
So I hadn't try to convert houses into an apartment or build one.
Did you check this site:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...ng_an_Apartment
So tell me, if it works for you.
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 1:37 PM
thank you
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 3:16 AM
Thank You Build More!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 8:24 PM
I love this but may i ask why one part dorm room has an two bed and other one two fridge's? just am wonder why no fire alarm? cause stupid cook almost killed my Sims if was not smart thinking to get under control. am just curious witch i put pull the smoke alarm in place.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 7:41 AM
Thanks.