Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CAS!.package Switcher Program

by Zithsim Posted 1st Mar 2008 at 9:15 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 4:45 PM by Nysha

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 2:04 PM
This is a great idea. Thanks for making this

[R.I.P. Munti 25/01/08 - You made me a better person. I miss you so much it hurts]
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 2:13 PM
Wow!!! It's amazing!
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 2:40 PM
This is awesome! Thanks so much

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 2:51 PM
That's so useful Thank you so much for that great program.
Instructor
#6 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 3:41 PM
This is such a great idea! Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 4:37 PM
Thanks, just what I needed! Now I can change whenever I want to! Love it!

"So don't let me go it alone" - Josh Groban (Never Let Go)

"He felt the pain in the music
and stood up from the p iano,
but when he saw the moon
emergin from a cloud,
death also seemed sweeter to him." - Josh Groban (Caruso)
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 5:45 PM
Omg you have no idea how much you helped with Cas switcher thanks so much for this download...
Theorist
#9 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TickleOnTheTum
Will it work if i put the stuff in a folder under Program Files as this sort of thing shouldn't go in the Downloads folder at all.

...Yes it will! 'CAS!' files can go into the Downloads directory as much as they work in the normal program files! (Which is very handy if you think about it)

...Back to the uplaod... :D

Thankyou for this tool! Now I can switch between my CAS Files I made to beat Phae, But never got round to perfecting them all the time when I got bored! wahoot!

Thanks!!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Alchemist
#10 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 6:47 PM
Brilliant! Thanks for sharing,
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 7:16 PM
Everyone: Glad someone is finding the program useful. It saves me a bit of time and effort, so thought I'd share it.

TickleOnTheTum: No, the program and CAS folder need to be in the Downloads folder. It also will not work if you put it in a sub-folder within the Downloads folder. Sorry, but I wanted to keep the program as small and simple as possible; plus that is where downloaded CAS!.package files need to be located, so it makes sense to put everything together. You can always create a shortcut to it and put the shortcut anywhere you like.

The program also doesn't have any install program or Windows Registry settings, so it can easily be deleted by just removing the program file and CAS folder (save your CAS backgrouunds somewhere first!). :D

Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it. Confucius

Check out my latest Sims 2 stuff at my Grafx3D blog.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 8:02 PM
What a perfect program, now I can download some CAS. I never wanted to do it before because I would get very bored of one style.
Thanks for sharing your fantastic program with us!!
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 8:07 PM
ZOMG! You have totally just made my day!

Merci bien :]

L'essentiel est invisible aux yeux.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 11:44 PM Last edited by sehana : 7th Mar 2008 at 4:23 AM.
Oh thank you i mentioned this in my warm japanese CAS screen. Thank You!!

*.* ~Sehana~
Sehana Fortress.com | Entertainment | Sims2 | Sims3 | Blog | Twitter |
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#15 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 1:25 AM
Thanks for the free advertising. Somehow I missed this when it first posted. If I wasn't a one-CAS type person I'd totally download this. It looks so useful and easy to use!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 9:20 AM
Thanks for this - this is really useful. :D
Theorist
#17 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 5:02 AM
Very cool! Thanks
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 4:17 PM
This will not work on a Windows Vista Computer .
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 5:29 PM
Thank You! Sooo Much!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dec127407
This will not work on a Windows Vista Computer .

Could you send me exactly what error message you get or what happens when you try running it, please? Thanks.

Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 11:06 PM
woah, that's a cool program, thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#22 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 12:29 AM Last edited by Dec127400 : 3rd Apr 2008 at 12:30 AM. Reason: MISS SPELLED WORD
Zithhsim I got the following messageThis application has failed to start because MSVBVM50.DLL was not found.Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 3:29 PM
Looks like some versions of Windows don't come with the Visual Basic 5 runtime, so you can download it free from Microsoft at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q180071/

You only need the file "Msvbvm50.dll", so you can just do a search online for that specific file if you don't want to install all the other files that are included in Microsoft's installer.

This should also work for Vista users, although I don't have that OS so can't check it out.

When I get a chance I'll rewrite this in C++ and replace the current version.

Field Researcher
#24 Old 2nd May 2008 at 11:56 PM
Thanks! I love it! No more hassle.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 6th May 2008 at 5:48 PM
Great idea for a program, Sadly I cannot get it to work I am using windows Vista... I downloaded the dll, then after that I get this error:

*Folder named CAS is missing or not in proper location.Please copy or create a folder named CAS in your Sims 2 downloads folder, usually locked:... My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads*

Vista manages the files slightly different, here is what it looks like:

C:\Users\Test\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\CAS

Do you like my content? Do you want to buy me a coffee?
Please click this link and help me out:
http://paypal.me/Rich246
Page 1 of 2