Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Bedding Replacements: Defaults and Non-Defaults

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 24th Feb 2008 at 8:57 PM - Updated 26th Nov 2008 at 11:50 PM by whitesiren

121 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 102 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Instructor
#2 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 8:24 AM
wonderful cant wait to use them
thank you!

WickedNoukFamily -- free sims2 sites with hundreds of creations for you to fill your downloads folder with! Some sites offer sims3 content too! :D

Pay Stuff for Free -- Visit Me at My Website: Wicked Sims (sims2 & sims3)
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 8:43 AM
Luff! Thank you muchly, HP!
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 8:58 AM
Yay! I'm thrilled you decided to do these. I don't know what Maxis was thinking with some of the bedding designs. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 9:37 AM
that was a really good idea! i hate the maxis' beddings!
thanks a lot, HP!
Alchemist
#6 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 11:23 AM
<3 Adorable!

Thanks for doing this, HP. Now I can actually use the lot of them.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 12:36 PM
These are great I really hate some of maxis beddings.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 1:01 PM
Excellent! These will be Very useful
Field Researcher
#9 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 1:04 PM
Fantastic! Finally, de-fugging Maxis! Thanks so much
Field Researcher
#10 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 2:06 PM
Thanks so much for these! I really appreciate the extra trouble you went to so we could pick and choose whatever we wanted!

More of my work can be found @
Sims2Artists.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 2:46 PM
I Like. I Like Alot. I will replace all except for the pink flowers and Off White Bedding.
Thanks - I just realised how little I actually use the Maxis bedding!

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#12 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 3:53 PM
Yay! Now I don't have to page through all the fugly when placing beds. I think it will be interesting to see which individual bedding is downloaded the most. Thanks for the quick fix .

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Scholar
#13 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 3:49 PM
May I plug jfade's Compressorizer for a moment? It shaves 90% off the size of these type of files, with no quality loss.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 4:28 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 25th Feb 2008 at 6:46 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Finally ! Thank you soooo much ! I've been looking for replacements for a long time

I cannot take requests now.

DO NOT UPLOAD MY CC ON PAY SITES, THANKS
Field Researcher
#15 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 4:40 PM
Yay thank you very much, you are the best HP! :3
Field Researcher
#16 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 4:51 PM
Thankyou so much for uploading these as seperate files n_n
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:02 PM
Yay I was looking forward to these, thanks HP :D

Seize the moment... coz tomorrow you might be dead!
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:04 PM
Unbelievably awesome, hopefully this will curb my obsession for custom bedding. Thank you!
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#19 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:37 PM
Thank you HP. This is a spectacular idea and the beddings will be great with Jonesi's blankets. *huggles*

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Field Researcher
#20 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:36 PM
Hey these are great! And you are unbelievably nice for putting these in individual files so that we can keep the Maxis we like and replace only the ones we don't. My heartfelt thanks!

My sims gaming journal. Not very informative.
http://marjchaos.tripod.com/
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:41 PM
Thank you HP. This is such a great idea! And thank you for putting them into individual dl files.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:51 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 25th Feb 2008 at 6:46 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Yay! Bedding! Thanks for making these! I'll be using the non-default versions, cuz, soumethimes I actually use the fugly stuff. LOL It's just nice to have more options! 2 thumbs up!

The height of innovation sometimes comes at the peak of laziness.
Instructor
#23 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 6:54 PM
I'll actually keep the Maxis ones, for my weird sims, but your sheets are amazing, so I'll dload the non-default version! I love them!
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 7:04 PM
Yay! Not having to page past the evil stripes on my way to the better bedding will make my eyes happier. Thanks so much!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Forum Resident
#25 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 8:25 PM
You ended up doing it after all! I read that thread. And oh lord, these are SO much better than some of those hideous Maxis sheets! You did an absolutely amazing job, and I love that you've made it so much easier on us by labellings everything and giving us the options of choosing which ones to replace, or to just download them as custom bedding, or to get them all together...God, you're a wonderful person. <3 Thank you so much!
Page 1 of 5