Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Katrina Cottages' Homes for Your Post-Disaster Sims -No CC!- (1-5 of 25)

by Phaenoh Posted 19th Dec 2007 at 10:20 AM - Updated 9th Jan 2009 at 2:58 AM by Phaenoh

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 10:41 PM
This is a nice upload, thank you. :] Quite sentimental due to the fact that my best friend's father's live was lost because of Katrina. ;_;. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 10:46 PM
Even while I was a victim of Katrina, we could have a house from day 1 after the disaster. Nice job anyway.
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 10:53 PM
You've done a great job of recreating these cottages! Thanks for sharing them with us!
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 10:59 PM
i have a ad with the 544 i was going to make it but you beat me to it
Scholar
#6 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 11:39 PM
I really like the simplicity of them, and so will everyone's Simmies. I have a series of shotguns in my game and the Environment scores are always high - so long as they keep the place neat!
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 11:42 PM
These are great! Thanks for sharing them.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 12:24 AM
cute little cottages
Alchemist
#9 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 2:19 AM
Thanks, Phaenoh, these cottages are exactly what I've been looking for for vacation houses. They look great, I'm looking forward to using them.
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#10 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 4:49 AM
Wow, these look great!
I need more simple houses.
Thanks!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 5:35 AM
These are terrific. I really appreciate what you did here! I definitely appreciate the little houses, too. Would it be out of line to request a couple of these to be built on medium-size or large lots?
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 5:45 AM
Not out of line, but may I recommend using the LotExpander? I figured that would be the way to grow with them. In the coming sets there are a lot of 2x2's and some are 2x3, or were you hoping for bigger than that?
Instructor
#13 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 8:45 AM
these look great the mess still hasnt been sorted out by Hurricane Katrina
Field Researcher
#14 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 11:04 AM
I didn't know about the Katrina Cottages, even though tons of people still live in the FEMA trailers in my Mississippi town and we've absorbed quite a few temporary evacuees and new permanent residents from the coast.

Wow, your Katrina Cottages make me want to try to build a replication of Hattiesburg in the game!

Anyway, enough of my rambling. These are very nice, great work! I know I have need for them in my game!
Theorist
#15 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 12:15 PM
Oh Dear lord I had to dl/ed all of them!

afterfurbishment they'll be Perfect for this new 'hood in my game! (Amazeingly made be someone elce? *Gasp* My games crashing, so i wanted something a bit smaller XD Found here )

I always have to do 'thank-you' letters too, It was my birthday on the 13th and I had to do TWENTY:
Dear -Name-
Thanks for the -Thing- I had a great birthday, Hope you have a merry chrismass -etc-
GNYAHAHAHAHHAAAA

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 6:01 PM
Petchy, you got off easy, we always had to make them a bit longer and say stuff about what we had been doing lately, or if we got money how we were going to spend it (always say saving it for college! and later when you are in college you will wish you had!)

Everyone else, thanks for comments, but keep in mind that I didn't design them, or come up with the idea behind them. I just found a lot of really cute plans on the internet, liked the idea, and went to town with it.

The next set is up!
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 10:08 PM
I'm a Katrina Surivior , I wanna say thank u for sharing this Download, My hood is New Orleans in my game and it's perfect for my hood....

Thank u !!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mishmish0759
Hi ! Happy holidays.

I just wanted to let you know how much I REALLY REALLY love your Katrina houses. They are perfect for my Beach,coastal neighborhood called Cocomo_(yes the name came from the Beach Boys song) _ yeah,so when are the rest going to be posted.... Cocomo still has lots of room for LOTS!!
I just got this as a PM, thought I'd post it. Maybe I'm not the only one who enjoys reading replies? And just so you know, they are getting posted as quick as they can get through moderation queue!
Scholar
#19 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 1:25 AM
o another phae creation! and a pack to! gotta love it! and CC free! i just reset my game the other day im trying to play CC free so this is a plus! woots! thanks for all your great creations!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 2:37 AM
these are very nice, thanks. and the people affected by katrina are always in our prayers

my personal life can be supported by veiwing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2z-Q6x6eU and others on my youtube page. I believe there's a few building tutorials there aswell. I create rather sporadically, so excuse me if I'm gone from this website for months or years at a time.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 4:00 AM
What a clever download! *applauds* Love these very much! Maybe you could make small, 2 bedroom homes maybe? Or are there no Katrina houses like that? Either way these are great houses! xoxoxoxoxo

Remember SILENCE=DEATH.
If you're not saying what's on your mind,
you're as good as dead!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jynxthehobbit
What a clever download! *applauds* Love these very much! Maybe you could make small, 2 bedroom homes maybe? Or are there no Katrina houses like that? Either way these are great houses! xoxoxoxoxo
Go check out the others in the set, many of them have more than one bedroom, I think one even has like 5. Glad you like them!
Test Subject
#23 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 11:44 PM
from another New Orleans rez, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 5:16 PM
Aw, these are so cute! Thank you!

Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall; but by those who fought, fell, and rose again. --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 2:47 AM
What an amazing task! Of course, I have to have all of them (pernicious downloader, here). I love the way you did these little houses, and the meaning behind them gives pause for reflection.

When I was little, all my thank you notes were like, "Dear Aunt Pearl, Thank you for the doll. It is pretty and I like it. Mom got me a tea set and three books. Aunt Lois got me some shapeys (building toys) and a comb and brush set. I have three dollars. Thank you for the doll. Love, Pennie". Now they are a bit more sincere, although it makes a difference, growing up and actually caring about the thank-you's that you write

So, thank you, Phaenoh, for this amazing set of Katrina Cottages. They are pretty and I like them.

centime (aka Pennie)
Page 1 of 2