Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Harry Potter Collection: Tribute House

by StephSim Posted 16th Dec 2007 at 12:28 AM - Updated 23rd Nov 2008 at 1:34 AM by StephSim : MTS2 House Information Update

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 7:39 PM
cool it's gorgouse!

Alastair :)
Instructor
#3 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 7:48 PM
Thank you for all the HP lots you've created for us, StephSim. I will enjoy them every bit as much as you and your little guy.

pureheart
Forum Resident
#4 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 4:15 AM
Oh my God! I cannot believe this series is finally over. Thank you so much for everything, Steph, I have loved your wonderful Harry Potter lots from the start. You really have made my neighborhood complete -- everything, from your architecture to your creative ideas to your amazing walls, is just perfect. I couldn't ask for a better Christmas gift!

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! Have fun playing with your son -- you deserve a break after everything you've done for us! :D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 5:29 AM
Basil,
Thank you for your kind words! :D
------------------------------------------------------------
Pureheart,
You are most welcomed! You should see my son's mouth watering at the thought of getting his hands on Harry Potter. I think we will get him the PS2 Harry Potter game...That will be a game I could play with him. I'm so tired of Incredibles and ATV Fury, etc. We go back and forth between traditional board games and PS2.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Starfish,
It's been a great journey! I am now THE OFFICIAL Harry Potter authority! Seriously, I'm glad I was able to find a way to include the "additional walls" ! A funny thought, I was actually contemplating designing a North Pole lot, but quickly decided to truly take a Sim creation break. Perhaps next year! I just finished a few sci-fi walls and now I am officially on vacation! Take care as I will be in and out on MTS2 until January 4th! You have a wonderful Holiday Season as well!

steph

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#6 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 2:37 PM
so you're done! I've still a lot of lots to create, though I'm not sad about that
this upload is really cool (I love the burrow like playground), as well as the walls you create especifically for these things, great job as always, and merry christmas!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 11:57 AM
Yes, I'm finally finished! The Burrow playhouse was an afterthought, but I thought it would make a nice final touch. Thanks for the compliment! Did you need to click on my profile again to get to see this download? C'est la vie!

Hey! It's hard to believe it's been 2 months since we started our Potter Projects! WOW! I'll be looking forward to your submitted lots! I love the GRANDNESS of it all! I also see that udon'tknow is submitting Harry Potter Sims that are AWESOME! It looks as though we will have to wait for those too, but it will be worth the wait.

Thanks for the well wishes for the season, I wish for you the same!

steph

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#8 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 1:39 PM
yes, I'm afraid that I always have to click on your profile page to get to your downloads...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 12:55 PM Last edited by StephSim : 28th Jan 2008 at 9:56 PM.
Hey Laura! I'm a seeker of solutions. I posted a question about being able to access downloads via profile pages. While you and I have pretty much the same EPs ( I have Bon Voyage, but I haven't installed it yet), I still think it may have something to do with the way you use filters. I personally don't use them as they can often limit too much what I have access to. Basically, when you set up your MTS2 account and you select which EP and STUFF PACKS you have, it saves that and then you will be limited (for your protection) to downloads that are only compatible with the EP and STUFF PACKS you have. So, just keep on clicking on that Profile Page.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#10 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 11:14 AM
you rock girl
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 2:29 AM
This has to be my fave lot of all. Unfortunatly I can't download any of your lots because I own no Stuff Packs and only NL, Uni, Pets and Seasons. As soon as I have everything I need this will be the first thing I download, with the other HP lots following. But I was wondering if the was any way you modify this lot like "Australian Bed and Breakfast: Serendipity Lavender Farm" where it no longer needs the Stuf Packs. If not then I will just wait till I get them. My computer is already upset at my addition of Seasons. Beautiful lots all of them. Thank you sooo much for sharing them with us.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tinkerbelljln
This has to be my fave lot of all. Unfortunatly I can't download any of your lots because I own no Stuff Packs and only NL, Uni, Pets and Seasons. As soon as I have everything I need this will be the first thing I download, with the other HP lots following. But I was wondering if the was any way you modify this lot like "Australian Bed and Breakfast: Serendipity Lavender Farm" where it no longer needs the Stuf Packs. If not then I will just wait till I get them. My computer is already upset at my addition of Seasons. Beautiful lots all of them. Thank you sooo much for sharing them with us.

I'm glad you like the lot! I'm sure there is a way to get the Potter lots prepped (I think Numenor actually has a program to help with this and I will check into it). I decided to remove the STUFF packs after I finished the Potter collection (which means I cannot play in my HP neighborhood at present ). I'll pull this lot in my game in a couple of days. Check back on Wednesday or Thursday. If it works I will slowly modify all the HP lots over time. It will be very slow in coming though as I reached a level of burnout after completing such a huge collection. I am in build mode again, but I want to try something new after I finish the Stepford lots and uploading revised old lots (new to MTS2). Be sure to check back in a couple of days. If it works there will be an edit to the download!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 6:05 AM
Yay Thank you!!!!!!

Grateful Downloader
-Jen
Test Subject
#14 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 5:12 PM
Love your lots!

I am so sorry that I can't download this lot as I don't have Bon Voyage... What is included in it that require it?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 12:39 AM
In all honesty I didn't use any BV items in this lot at all. I just uploaded it into my game and resaved it without the STUFF packs. It should load for you without a problem if you have the other EP's. Just make sure you back up your files!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 11:01 AM
When I try to install it with the Sims 2 Content Installer, it writes: "This content requires Expansion Pack Data that is not installed"
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 9:32 PM Last edited by StephSim : 28th Jan 2008 at 9:45 PM.
There may be absolutely nothing I can do for you then. I am most certain that I didn't change the lot any when I loaded it without the STUFF packs. I have a feeling that each Expansion Pack carries a source file which automatically saves with the lot (even if you don't use anything from that Expansion Pack). So even if I didn't use any BV items in the lot, the BV source file internally saves within the package. When I resaved the lot after removing the STUFF PACKS, I noticed that it was smaller even though I didn't "change" anything. It probably removed the source files for the STUFF PACKS. It's like a safeguard so that when you do decide to use objects from that pack, they will save properly. Also, BV has more programming involved than previous packs (it tells you which EPs and STUFF Packs you have installed and even has a preview screen that connects you to the Inet). For now, I guess the best thing to do would be to save up for Bon Voyage. I've uninstalled my STUFF packs (birthday presents) already, but the CORE Expansion packs will remain. It makes building a little easier and game play a little more fun! Sorry about that!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 12:13 PM
Its all right, I thought it was something like that and its OK. You really did a good job with with the other building.

I do have the money for Bon Voyage, but I didn't buy it because of the SecuROM. I think I'll wait a bit longer before buying it, to see if Maxis will repair their problems or until I'll figure out the NO-CD thing by MATY.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 6:17 PM
SecuROM and NO-CD thing by MATY?

I understand your waiting. That was the beauty of actually owning all the games for a year before installing them...The patches and updates were already out! I had BV for a small while before installing it. If by "No CD", every once in a while, my disc drive says that. I just refresh my computer or remove the disc and put it back in. I never really thought about WHY it does that.

Take care!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 5:37 AM
Awesome work StephSim!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Dec 2008 at 11:21 PM
Thank you Street Sexie! Do enjoy the download.

~*~Stephanie~*~