Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Harry Potter Collection: Azkaban Prison

by StephSim Posted 29th Oct 2007 at 2:37 PM - Updated 16th Nov 2008 at 1:16 PM by StephSim : MTS2 House Information Update

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 4:11 PM
Just To Correct You(Not Trying To Be Offensive)The Building In The Movies Looks Triangular.But It Looks Good!

The Tipton Hotel,Is Coming Soon To MTS2,6 Floors
G/L:Ground Floor,Lobby
3-6:Suites & Rooms
M:Mezzanine,Karaoke Bar & Theatre.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 4:34 PM Last edited by StephSim : 30th Oct 2007 at 6:52 PM.
Erhama,
No offense taken.

As stated above, under "Things to Keep in Mind":
"These lots are creations from my imagination based mainly on excerpts from the books and on-line information. I am basing very little on the movie versions of each place, so don't expect exact replica's of movie versions of the various places in the Magic and Muggle World."

As far as the books go, the description of Azkaban is quite cryptic. Very little is said to actually describe the place - which for me means I can let my imagination go wild! And I did! :D

Take care and glad you like the "look" anyway!

stephanie b.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 4:36 PM
woouuww perfect..
wonderful thankss
Field Researcher
#5 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 12:14 PM
Sometimes it's better to use some imagination when creating this kind of lots, not all replica's turn out great in this game - I like this a lot, you've done an amazing job

Life's a game, so let's play!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 6:43 PM
I LOVE YOU! :DThanks So Much
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 1:45 AM
Qaen - Thank you for the comment.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frillen - Your Invisible Floor made this lot worth creating. Thank you for sharing it with us mere Muggles and thank you for your insight!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Luke - Love? If all male muggles were so easy to please! You are quite welcomed. I hope you enjoy the download!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#8 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 3:42 PM
O__O wow!!! astonishing Stephanie, great work! I think I'm going to download it as well as I did with the ministry!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 7:55 PM
Oh my, I LOVE what you did with this! The icicle spikes are such a nice touch, and I absolutely adore the idea of using the invisible floor tiles. Your creativity always floors me, and I have no idea what to say. You're amazing. <3
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 5:12 AM
Thanks for the compliments and the downloads Laura and Starfish. Hey, Starfish...I don't mind you SPAMMING my downloads! It could be much worse!

Take care!
steph

~*~Stephanie~*~
Alchemist
#11 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 9:09 AM
I really love your lot. Plus thank again for using my invisible door.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 10:12 AM
Thanks for the compliment and you are welcomed pfish!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 2:23 PM
I really like this prison! Eventhough it's not like the actual Azkaban, your imaginative rendention of it is awesome! I'm going to check out all your other creations too! Once I get the expansion packs I need---I'll download them all! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Remember SILENCE=DEATH.
If you're not saying what's on your mind,
you're as good as dead!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 5:02 PM Last edited by StephSim : 24th Jun 2008 at 5:55 PM.
Glad you like it Jynx. :D

I could only find descriptions in the books and on-line that described Azkaban as cold, isolated and towering. I really do not care for the movie version as it is not very "imaginative"! What's so splendid about a triangular building? That would be typical and I try not to do typical. Besides, that sort of building is not quite functional for Simming! I'll leave it to someone else to create the triangular version.

At any rate, I hope you enjoy the download (when you get it). BTW - I have updated my Harry Potter Collection so they no longer require STUFF Packs! Take care.

Stephanie

~*~Stephanie~*~
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 9:22 AM
Another fantastic lot Steph!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 1:34 PM
Thank you! I appreciate the positive feedback. Do enjoy the lot!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 2:44 AM
I love it! (And the dementers are so cute!)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 2:55 AM
Glad you like...Yeah I got a kick out of creating that image shot! Do enjoy the lot!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Mad Poster
#19 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 1:17 PM
I downloaded that dementor costume ages ago and have only ever been able to admire it in CAS (it's not the sort of thing you can just walk down the street in lol). Now I have a neighbourhood with HP sims in it I am totally stealing this! It looks totally cool. Well actually it looks horribly creepy, so it must be right. XD

Actually my neighbourhood isn't entirely HP, so this will definitely terrify the muggle criminals into going straight. They'll think they're being fed hallucinogenic drugs or something lol.

Oh and I definitely preferred the book versions of a lot of things. I swear the people who designed Remus' werewolf form never read the books. They're supposed to be almost indistinguishable from a true wolf!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 6:59 PM
Thanks for the comment Charity. My vision for the HP world have drastically changed as well, as I reread the books. Although, I suspect personal vision cannot help but get in the way of "original" be it book or movie. I know I sort of like doing my own thing. But, I'm glad you can get some enjoyment out of this massive prison.

~*~Stephanie~*~