Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sunnyside Residential Mini Lots

by aelflaed Posted 8th Oct 2007 at 12:39 AM - Updated 10th Oct 2011 at 9:19 AM by aelflaed : fix pics

41 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 2:44 PM
Thank you! I can't wait to try this out in my communities.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 3:27 PM
I love the mini lots by MaryLou and and sunny minilots sound wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing!
Alchemist
#4 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 3:30 PM
Thank you! I´ve just noticed about the sun standing in the back of all lots as I placed a tree in the back corner of an other, existing lot, and it´s shade spread over the pool. It will be nice to try this different "daytime"
Site Helper
#5 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 5:10 PM
These are wonderful! I can finally play with shadows on!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 9:44 PM
Even with shadows off, two sides of the building will be dark in comparison with the other two. It's okay when playing, but screenshots come out very dark.

I never have shadows on, to save a bit of computer efficiency, and it still bugged me enough to go and learn how to rotate the lots.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 1:51 PM
Can you, or someone else, make the 6xX lots (i.e. 6x2, 6x3 and 6x4 lots) too? I've tried the LotExpander but it messed up my game.
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 4:24 PM
Thank you so much!!!!
It's what I've been always waiting for!!!!!!!!!!
Sunnyside now~~~!! I'm so excitied.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 6:20 AM
Great and useful idea !

thank you aelflaed

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 12:04 AM
Thank you for these. I always hated having to match colors in the backyard. hehe Now, if only someone could "fix" the larger lots!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Timin2101
Can you, or someone else, make the 6xX lots (i.e. 6x2, 6x3 and 6x4 lots) too? I've tried the LotExpander but it messed up my game.

Aren't these the standard lot templates in the later versions of the game anyway?

In which case, you can choose where the light is by where you initially place the lot - if you aren't sure, put a lot down, enter it and build a box of walls. It will be easy to see which way the sun is, and if you don't like it, exit without saving and put a lot of the same size in a different orientation on the map. Once you save a lot, the sun direction is fixed forever, which is why I had to mod Andi and MaryLou's lots to turn them around.

There will hopefully be a tutorial coming soon about how to rotate a lot fairly simply, but I make no promise about when. Also, work is being done to improve the LotExpander to deal with more possible options.

Check out the lot modding discussion if you like: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=250693

Glad people like the updated lots.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 8:55 AM
Thank you.^^
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 3:52 PM
Brill idea! Thank you very much. x
Test Subject
#14 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 5:27 AM
Love the lots. Is it possible to make a collection using the default desert terrain? It looks a bit silly having the lush terrain in the middle of my deserted outpost town.

What is a guitar but wood and wires?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WoodandWires
Love the lots. Is it possible to make a collection using the default desert terrain? It looks a bit silly having the lush terrain in the middle of my deserted outpost town.

One of the EPs introduced a feature where the lot terrain is altered to match the hood terrain, so, when you place the lot, it will change. Was it NL perhaps? What EPs do you have?

I believe it would be possible to make a desert 1x1 lot, from which all other sizes can come, but I'm not enough of a modder to do it myself.
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#16 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 8:08 AM
Thanks a million aelflaed

Retired from Simming
Alchemist
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
I believe it would be possible to make a desert 1x1 lot, from which all other sizes can come, but I'm not enough of a modder to do it myself.

Okay, I spoke too soon - it is possible, and (with some help) I have done it. Desert versions are now available, here on MTS2.

have fun!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 7:15 AM
great thanks.
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 7:05 PM
yeay great! I had been looking for these.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#20 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 8:44 PM
Thanks for commenting!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 25th Dec 2008 at 6:43 AM
Thanks!! I love bright houses!!!

So then I said to the gentlemen:
"Prognosticate? I thought you said promisitate."
Inventor
#22 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 10:29 AM
Perfectly
I adore this :rah: This is amazing set!

If I am not here, you can find me on dART-allison731 :)
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 10:50 PM
Glad you like them! Thanks for taking the time to comment.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#24 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 3:44 AM
You rock, aelflaed!!!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 10:51 AM
Awesome, I was just looking for 1x1 lots, but this is even better. Thank you for sharing!
By the way, the link to the desert version appears to be broken (didn't stop me from downloading those too :p)
Page 1 of 2