Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Harry Potter Collection: Hogwarts - Larger

by StephSim Posted 20th Sep 2007 at 4:17 PM - Updated 19th Nov 2008 at 11:00 AM by StephSim : MTS2 House Information Update

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 1:40 PM
Superb
I am a HP addict, :lovestruc and I think you made this castle the way it should look. Thanks for letting my simmies go to Hogwarts!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 1:59 PM
Thanks for the compliment mamakay! The castle coming together is in the wallpaper for me. For instance, I read information about each house having an hour glass in the Grand Entrance that counted the points the professors give (or take away). I thought it BRILLIANT (to quote Ron) that the hourglasses have jewels instead of sand...so, I downloaded images of jewels and used the basic Paint program to resize, cut and overlay the gems into an hourglass. Indeed...The walls honestly make the castle for me!

My simmies are actually NOT in Hogwarts yet, but I have created and edited every possible character (from Hagrid to Harry) for the game and have them awaiting the final lot creation. ENJOY the download!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 3:55 AM
honestly, u made a better hogwarts
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 5:31 PM
I love it, I will be using it for my legacy.
With Snape as my founder, thank you so Much!

You made my dreams about hogwarts come true!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 3:11 AM
Ken -
Thanks for the compliment. I don't know what Hogwarts it is better than (as I have downloaded none), but thank you none the less! :D
------------------------
Summer -
Snape as the founder is "brilliant" - Welcome to the Darkside! As for your dreams...you sound as "addicted" as I am. Enjoy the download!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#7 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 4:30 AM Last edited by Starfish of Terror : 13th Oct 2007 at 4:36 AM.
GUH.

I am just sitting here in complete and utter awe. I honestly have no idea what to say -- this is just so perfect! In every way, shape, and form. I'm all giddy now, I absolutely cannot wait to download this and try it out.

You've made my life complete. <3

Edit: Ack, I just realized that I need quite a few more expansion/stuff packs in order for this to work completely. Ah well, I'll ask for them for Christmas. :] But seriously, this is just such a masterpiece! Out of curiousity though, what did you use as an entrance for the Hufflepuff Common Room? I attempted (and failed) to make a Hogwarts before, and that aspect baffled me, since Hufflepuff's the only house where we haven't learned the entrance to.

And again, thank you so much for this wonderful download!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 5:52 AM Last edited by StephSim : 13th Oct 2007 at 1:51 PM. Reason: More Information
Hi, Starfish!

Sorry about the Expansion Packs issue.

I actually have a "Sim rainy day fund" and expect to spend $30 twice a year to buy the expansion packs. I MUST HAVE access to all buyable Electronic Arts objects (especially windows and doors) when building Sim lots.

I have put the Hufflepuff entry to the right of the staircase (next to the jeweled house hourglasses) leading down to the kitchen (which is perfect as Hufflepuffs tend to be into all things culinary as part of their gracious hospitality and seekers of all things pleasurable). I separated Slytherin (also on the Dungeon level) from Hufflepuff. Originally, I used bathrooms, the Potions Class and Snapes Office to do this, but decided to also put the Prefect's Bathroom in the dungeon as I did not wish to lose valuable floor space by trying to actually place the Prefect's Bathroom on the 4th or 5th floor where it belonged. :O

Get those Expansion packs, man! It will be well worth it to create a total world of Potter. I am off to finish Spinner's End (after updating my HP pages). Be sure to collect the entire Harry Potter Collection and enjoy the download!

stephanie b.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Added After....
I was reading a JK Rowling description of the Hufflepuff common room after reading your post, it's entry and such...It's really wild! To get to the dormitories, you go through "underground" tunnels (which is so "magical" seeing that the Common Room is in the Basement). Can't create the "underground" tunnel effect without a complete remodel.

However, the entry into the Hufflepuff Common Room is supposed to be a landscape painting. After all, Hufflepuff is the "Earth" house. This would explain the adoration for things of this Earth. I figured I could make a 2-tiled fruit orchard wallpaper (to go with the food paintings near the kitchen) and add invisible doors over the wallpaper painting.

Needless to say, I will create a 2 tiled painting wall to replace the door. I will also create a few more "Hogwarts Extension Walls" to go with the house to include Former Heads of House (for Dumbledore's space), Student Portraits Wallpaper (taken from the movies shots), etc. I will upload them to MTS2 at a later date.

Thanks for the inspiration Starfish!
stephanie b.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#9 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 4:46 AM
I'm definitely asking for the remaining expansion packs for my birthday at the end of this month! It'd be completely worth it, if only for this amazing Hogwarts.
And funnily enough, I just got back from reading a transcript of JKR's that included the Hufflepuff common room description. I love your recent ideas and am so glad that I inspired you! I'll definitely have to bookmark your profile so I can check back for anything else you may add.
Sheer genius, you are. <3
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 10:53 AM Last edited by StephSim : 24th Oct 2007 at 7:29 PM. Reason: Changing Information
I appreciate the positive feedback Starfish. Now, Electronic Arts owes me big - seeing that I may have a little influence on you purchasing MORE SIMS EXPANSIONS. I uploaded the Hogwarts Expansion Walls last night (which includes the Hufflepuff portrait) ...unfortunately they were rejected due to the inclusion of pictures. Ah, well.

Where was I ....Oh, yeah! I like the comments and feedback section here at MTS2 as it provides me with inspiration many times, as your questions, comments and observations have. Thank you, again. As for this:
"Sheer genius, you are." I'll accept that! KIDDING!
Take care, stephanie b.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Field Researcher
#11 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 12:51 PM
Best. Hogwarts. EVER.

I've been making all my own HP lots, but I could not resist a Hogwarts as good as this. <3
Alchemist
#12 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 9:16 AM
Oh, boy! Another Harry Potter lot. You must be very busy.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 10:18 AM
Abitha,
Thank you! I'm glad you like the lot.
-----------------------------------------------
pfish,
Yes VERY busy! But alas the Potter Collection has come to an end! Thanks again for sharing your objects!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#14 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 5:10 PM
Thank you for your Awesome work, StephSim... I mean "Awesome" in the true definition of the word.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 5:28 AM
You are most welcomed Talon. Creating Hogwarts was bittersweet for me as I wanted to include EVERYTHING, but unfortunately...it kept growing (as things so often do with me). This version was the first one I was proud of. However, I personally prefer the smaller version to this one! Both a VERY Potterish though! Enjoy the download and thanks again for the comment and compliment. :D

~*~Stephanie~*~
Scholar
#16 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 9:46 AM
Really wonderful and big!But how you make that from second floor you can see first floor furniture.For example:when i make two story high Great Hall and when i want to put banners on second floor walls,all furniture,tables,chairs,candles all disapears expect rugs.If someone understand this please answer!(sorry about my bad English)
Thank You for this wonderful download
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 12:15 AM
Oh Pegasus...I don't have my game loaded on my computer to help you with this at the moment. There is a box that you check when you are playing the game.

Ask your question here:
http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Sorry I couldn't help. It really is an easy fix.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#18 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 4:24 AM
Incredible!!!!!!!!!! How long did it take you to make this? I've been searching all over for a Hogwarts this accurate!!!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 3:40 PM
Glad you like. I love this one, but it is the edge of architectural grandness. It takes a powerful computer to handle this lot. The smaller version is more my personal speed. Do enjoy the lot!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 4:40 AM
This looks really GREAT!!!
but I am very sad because I don't have all the expansions and there isn't enough space on my computer for them even if I could afford them. I tried to make one myself using the same info as I think you used, but its far too much i can't beleive you managed to do all that! i've down;ooaded another version but it's nowhere near as good.
Any chance of you making a no expansions required version?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 1:33 PM Last edited by StephSim : 22nd Dec 2008 at 2:02 PM.
Hi Lizzie!
Sorry about the expansions. I do plan to rebuild the HP community with smaller versions using only the necessary expansion packs. It's on my list of things to do, but not until next year.

I'm in the process of literally starting my life over and I'm only Simming minimally right now. I have 2 projects (Christmas one now and in the beginning of the New Year finishing a castle lot from an old project) that I wish to complete before redoing the Harry Potter community. While it is coming, it will not happen until well into 2009 (preferably before the next Potter movie comes out in the US).

Sorry about that. I hope you can at least enjoy the other lots you have until then.

Be sure to check my Journal to chart my progress. I update it as I do things so you will know exactly when I begin work on the Potter mini-hood!

Take care.

Stephanie

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 10:55 PM
Thanks.
I had been slowly chipping away at my hogwarts, but then, horrror or horrors, my computer completley crashed! I can't even turn it on now, AND I've lost the warrenty. I will get it sorted in the mean time NO SIMS
Test Subject
#23 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 11:02 PM
oops, just read your last journal entry.

So, so sad.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 11:39 PM
Starting in May (after I am settled in my new home), I will start creating Sim things again. I will work on a new Hogwarts then, smaller and more functional. I will keep you in mind when I do. I may not post it, but I will send it to you to "test" for me. In the meantime, there is a smaller version of mine here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=261673

AND another version by BlackOrchid here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=308057

While I haven't downloaded BlackOrchid's version, I do like the look of it. While I'm still going to recreate mine (as I have great plans for it), perhaps you will love this other version better. and need not wait until I can get myself together.

Stephanie

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#25 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 1:13 AM
thanks so much!
Page 1 of 2