Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ashley Cataline Dresser/surface set w/ 11 recolors)

by suceress Posted 31st Jul 2007 at 11:14 AM - Updated 21st Nov 2008 at 1:22 PM by -Maylin-

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 11:43 AM
Nice, really nice, thanks!

"I will gather my wounds forge the end of tragic comedy"
AM
Scholar
#3 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 1:31 PM
i like thi8s...this is like what was popular in miami in the late 80's and 90's...wasnt it? its really pretty. thanks!
Instructor
#4 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 2:48 PM
I like them, nice work, thanks!

Please do not re-upload my houses or Sims anywhere, even if it is just refurnished.

Thank you for your consideration.
Scholar
#5 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 3:14 PM
Yay! More to match your furniture! I love it, it is a really nice dresser! Fantastic recolors too! Keep up the wonderful work suceress. :D
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 5:29 PM Last edited by edejan : 31st Jul 2007 at 5:47 PM.
This is a really beautiful piece of furniture. I must track down your matching pieces. Thanks for all the hard work and for the gift!!

I have seen the rest of the set and it is STUNNING!! So unique. I must make Miami houses!!! Thanks again!!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 7:19 PM
Yay, you uploaded it! It looks amazing, suceress, good job! Thanks :D
Test Subject
#8 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 8:50 PM
I have this exact dresser in my own house. Though it is not used as a dresser. My mom converter it into a bathroom counter. Do you think you could make a bathroom counter look like the dresser? (One of the counter would have the door and the other would have the drawers.) I would greatly appreciate it if you were able to do that.

PS: I would download the set that you have but right now my computer is acting strange, so I don't want to risk it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 9:33 PM
Thanks everyone!

edejan, you can look here to see more of my creations.

sim~obsessor, I'm not sure when this was popular but I got it from the naval exchange furniture store in Guam during the late 90s.

SerenaInuyasha, I've actually been considering making a counter out of this. I'm just not sure how well the patterned colors would do as countertops as I don't know how well the edges would match up. I'll give it a shot though! Thanks!
Instructor
#10 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 10:15 PM
Wonderful Job, suceress! That you for this marvelous piece of work.
I always look foward to see your creations.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#11 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 5:25 AM
Wow very clever and attaractive! Slots slots slots I love 'em =) Thanks so much for sharing your work with us...

...ps I, although now 41, have a younger brother who is STILL - at age 40 - as annoying as your brother obviously is - a backwards amed pointy elbow should do the trick

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Field Researcher
#12 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 7:40 AM
Very elegant dresser. Thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 8:33 AM
So glad you finally finished it. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for this since I first talked to you when you posted the first part of the set at TSR ... was it really a year ago? Real life does tend to throw you a curve now and then ... glad you're back. Thanks so much for sharing this ... now my set is complete. Kate Tamblyn aka Kate139
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kate139
So glad you finally finished it. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for this since I first talked to you when you posted the first part of the set at TSR ... was it really a year ago? Real life does tend to throw you a curve now and then ... glad you're back. Thanks so much for sharing this ... now my set is complete. Kate Tamblyn aka Kate139

Thanks Kate! The set is *almost* complete. I just uploaded the armoire. I need to upload the clock before my time is up.
I've already started on the tvstand but that will take awhile.
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 7:30 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 4th Aug 2007 at 3:11 PM. Reason: Is a 'thanks' post.
The Ashley Cataline set is wonderful, suceress. And I'm so happy that you keep adding more to the collection.
Test Subject
#16 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 3:22 AM
its perfect..i still have this set in my bedroom ty
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 11:04 PM
Thank you so much!!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 2:11 AM
Commenting on my own post because I'm not sure where to post this. I just discovered there was a matching living room set made by Ashley. I saw it in a flea market. Sadly, someone had already bought it & it was crammed in a tight space so it was hard to get pictures. I'm trying to see if there are any archives of the furniture catalogs from the 90s. I know it would be mid-to-late 90s. There's an entertainment center with very short wide doors in the bottom middle that have the gold accents, it has glass doors on the sides, and multiple shelves. It looked fairly wide (not sure if it was as wide as the dresser or not). There were two identical side pieces which were tall narrow cabinets. Bottom had the solid doors with gold accents, then there were a couple of shelves, and then glass doors over the top shelf.

I am thinking of converting this whole set to Sims4 but am trying to figure out how. I haven't meshed in a loooong time & have never created any objects for Sims4 *yet*. I'm currently reading a tutorial on it but my brain is not cooperating.

If anyone has feedback, suggestions, or comments, please let me know. Also, if anyone finds the Ashley Catiline living room set in a catalog I would love to see pictures of it.

I forgot to mention that my original files from creating this set were lost in hard-drive failure & backup hard-drive failure. The TV stand as well as other projects were lost. :-(
I'll have to extract from the files that were archived here.