Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 8th Oct 2004 at 3:21 AM
Come on people, chill. If he's going to spill the beans then he's going to do it when he's ready, and most likely when he has an end-result to demonstrate. If he doesn't spill the beans, atleast we'll have some good default nudes.

Nothing will be gained by giving him a hard time now. It's not like you have any leverage over him. Push him too much and he could always leave, you know.
Advertisement
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#27 Old 8th Oct 2004 at 3:34 AM
I guess the big question is the conversion of .txtr files.

Importing and exporting files from the packages is no biggy... we just need to know how to turn .txtr into .bmp and back again.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 8th Oct 2004 at 4:06 AM
so far.. thats where body shop comes in .. you have to export the txtr files from an existing package.. and then import them into the sims07 package in the correct location
Test Subject
#29 Old 8th Oct 2004 at 4:29 AM Last edited by DigitalEvil : 18th Oct 2011 at 6:58 AM.
No no no.
Test Subject
#30 Old 8th Oct 2004 at 4:30 AM Last edited by DigitalEvil : 18th Oct 2011 at 6:58 AM.
Never will I be able to.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 8th Oct 2004 at 4:55 AM
DigitalEvil.. im waiting for another set to compare the two.. if you could upload yours i could get started using them though.. then if I like yours better.. ill already be halfway complete.. let me know
#32 Old 8th Oct 2004 at 8:03 AM
I'm 100% behind you Chang. Well done mate and keep up the hard work.
Now if we can only find 1000 more Changs who are doing so well on bits in other areas then in about a months time we are going to be a very happy bunch of gamers :o)

P.s: Hats off too all you modders out there who are working hard on file formats and cracking the program. Next time I have a party, your all invited :o)
Test Subject
#33 Old 8th Oct 2004 at 9:52 AM Last edited by DigitalEvil : 18th Oct 2011 at 6:59 AM.
Chang. I'm read y to eat.
#34 Old 8th Oct 2004 at 9:53 AM
Ok Well I think Ive figured out what he's doing so if Im wrong Chang please correct me.

Well I just had a look in sims07.package and extracted one file at random, the file as named by game extrator is File 2.TIMG. Now never modding before I dont have a hex editor on my system but when i checked this file in notepad i see "ambodynaked-nudesoft-s3_txtr"

Im guessing he's finding the corrisponding file withing a bodyshop skin renaming it and then using game extrator to insert the new file back into the sims07.package....

Course I could be wrong :-))

PS) My first post! woot!
Test Subject
#35 Old 8th Oct 2004 at 3:43 PM
Zanny, that's what I guessed too and I tried it last night but I can't seem to add files to an archive using Game Extractor, only remove or extract them (unless I'm missing something), so maybe we do need an extra tool here.

It woud also make it easier if we didn't have to manually hex edit the replacement files to get their name to correspond to the files we want to replace, which is what Chang was saying his tool would do.

If you want to do it by hand you also need to work out which of the files correspond to which skin tones (they are named -s1 -s2 -s3 etc rather than dark med lght or whatever); easy enough if you can write your own .txtr viewer, but a long winded bit of trial and error for the rest of us; anyone want to post a txtr viewer for us mere mortals?

Also, the files extracted by Game Extractor from the sims07.package seem to be huge (one listed as about 400k inside the archive comes out at nearly 60MB when extracted for a total of 1.8GB extracted from the entire archive! Is this normal?). The ones extracted from my own body shop package are much more in line with what I expected with the biggest being 1.6MB...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#36 Old 9th Oct 2004 at 1:09 PM
the files s1, s2, s3, s4 correspond to the light, medlight, meddark, and dark respectively .. as for s5 .. im not sure yet.. i havnt looked at it

as for the file sizes.. i only worked with the compressed files.. so im not sure. i don't know if the compression works right yet..

the only way i've gotten the files back in are using txtra files.

as a pointer.. the latest version of GameExtractor doesn't shows the filenames as File## .. the previous version shows them as there actual txtr filename.. might help those of you looking for specific files.

when importing back in though .. the filename is no longer accurate. instead it uses the address.. this is my next work
Test Subject
#37 Old 9th Oct 2004 at 11:13 PM
Cheers, that saves me a bit of time! I'm guessing s5 could be for the alien skin...

Which specific version number of Game Extractor are you using that does show the filenames (your explanation above seemed a little contradictory!)? I tried the latest two sims versions from here and neither of them seemed to.

EDIT: Don't worry about that last question; you have to get version 1 of the sims Game Extractor then patch it with the files from the 'update 1.0x to 1.05' stuff from this site to get the filenames shown.

Now the only thing stopping me from getting it working is the changed filename thing; changing them is a bit more complicated than simply hex editing the names because the name strings for my modified files aren't the right length to match the names from the defaults and changing the byte that specifies the name length in the txtr file alone doesn't seem to do it... Any hints Chang?

Cheers

[ Edited Sun Oct 10 2004, 11:07PM ]
Test Subject
#38 Old 10th Oct 2004 at 9:05 AM Last edited by DigitalEvil : 18th Oct 2011 at 6:59 AM.
Lots or rar and zip files.
Test Subject
#39 Old 10th Oct 2004 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalEvil
the only problem is in total if i have them all saved as one big .rar file it is 12 mbs. lol

So? 12mbs aren't that large after all.
Test Subject
#40 Old 10th Oct 2004 at 7:53 PM Last edited by DigitalEvil : 18th Oct 2011 at 6:59 AM.
Time and again. I hope I can.
Test Subject
#41 Old 10th Oct 2004 at 7:58 PM
If you do upload them seperately the total file size would be the same, wouldn't it? I think it would be more convenient to have them all in one file though I agree, that finding a host might be a problem since these kinds of things are probably blowing the bandwith.
#42 Old 11th Oct 2004 at 4:36 PM
I see the adult section is still down, but i'm unclear if it will be coming up again in any way, shape, or form. I just uploaded what I think is the first redhead nude - hopefully it will be available at some point.

Nude with more feminine looking vertical belly button, lighter nipples (placed so they line up with the mesh), and a 'natural' red look. All features are grafted in from photos.
Screenshots
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#43 Old 12th Oct 2004 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chang
so far.. thats where body shop comes in .. you have to export the txtr files from an existing package.. and then import them into the sims07 package in the correct location

Ahhhh... I hadn't even thought of that. So basically any package I make with Bodyshop I can open with Game Extractor?

I'm at work atm so I can't play around but if it isn't too much trouble can you explain the process?

Or more to the point am I extracting from the package file I would use to send my sim to another person or do I import the newly created sim and then find the correct package file once it is in game and extract from that?

Much appreciated Chang.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Test Subject
#44 Old 12th Oct 2004 at 1:33 AM
@ abaris unziped or rared it is around 20 mbs total if i were to add up the zsize of each seperately. Around 5mb each. But anyways enough about that crap, anyone heard from Chang?
Test Subject
#45 Old 12th Oct 2004 at 3:13 AM
El Presidente: Game Extractor will open any of the packages made with Body Shop. No need to create a sim in game for what we want to do here because the txtr files we need are all in the new skin file from Body Shop.

Unfortunately it's not quite that straightforward; you still have to edit the txtrs to change the names (manual hex editing at the moment, and only Chang has so far got it right), which are stored internally to each txtr, plus I'm guessing there may be other changes to be made elsewhere in the package file to reference the new txtrs correctly.

Hopefully Chang will get back to us soon with either a working tool to do it for us or at least a How-To guide...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 12th Oct 2004 at 1:07 PM
im still here guys.. i work overnights.. 4 on 3 off.. i just started the offs this morn.. so ill be on the next three days or so.. sometimes sleep deprevation gets to me.

as for the skins.. i have come to a point where i'm locking up the sims and im not sure why yet.. i have to look more into the skin references of the last few skins i imported to see what happened. once i have a solved it.. i will have more info for all of you. i don't want to give out the wrong info.

working diligently,
Chang
Test Subject
#47 Old 13th Oct 2004 at 7:55 AM
Time to de-lurk a bit

Thanks for the idea, I was able to get this to work myself. This is of a skin I made. So far only done the adult light. The steps I took are.

1. Create Genetics set in body shop.
2. Extract all txtra files from this package using 1.05 Extractor. Can delete the txtr uncompressed files that are extracted to clean up the temp directory.
**The hardest part was trying to figure out which ones were for which skins with the numeric headers (ie. ##0x7fae7e73!0xb9580aa8_txt)**
3. Replace the name (ie. ##0x7fae7e73!0xb9580aa8_txt) with the apropriate name in the header of the txtra.
4. In Extractor 1.05 do a replace on the file you want to replace, save and check it out in bodyshop to make certain got the right one associated.

[img]e107_files/public/907_bodyshop.jpg[/img]
<span class='smalltext'>[ 907_bodyshop.jpg ][/i]
Test Subject
#48 Old 13th Oct 2004 at 10:37 AM
Exactly what I've been trying, but what do you do if the name string you need to replace is a different length to the ones for the default skins? e.g. the example you've given is 28 characters including the .txtr extension, whereas if I want to replace the light default (afbodynaked-nude-s1.txtr), it's only 24.

Also what if the compression has added other extra characters towards the end of the name string? Do you ignore them, delete them or what?

I read from the WIKI on the file types that the byte before the filename in the header is the length of the name string, but correcting it as well doesn't seem to work and brings my game down every time, but so does leaving it (then Extractor won't even find the file in the archive)...

Help!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#49 Old 13th Oct 2004 at 2:43 PM
if you want to changed the name of the files.. using a hex editor, the byte before the string name is the length. for example afbodynaked-nude-s1.txtr would have a 17 in front of it (hex version of decimal 24)

for the string of characters above.. the preceeding byte would contain 1C for 28.

still working on the game freeze situation and changing pointers.

using the same idea with the numeric headers within the txmt files .. they should be pointers of some type and are located within the Sims02.package file. but I havnt been able to get it to work yet.
Test Subject
#50 Old 13th Oct 2004 at 3:19 PM
You don't have to change the name to match exactly. I didn't change the entire name in most instances, just the first several digits so that I could tell which they were for. That appears to just be the file name and doesn't effect how it works, it doesn't have to match the default name character for character. I just replaced it so I could tell what it was once it went into the sim07.package.

I just finished the entire female light Skintone and I did run into a problem on one texture. When renaming there were.. section breaking up the name. If I filled those in the skin showed up black and would not re-export. By splitting up the name it worked. I now have a set of txtr's for the light skin tone that can easily be imported using Extractor 1.05 for default nudes but no where to put them up. If the adult section comes back up I will submit them.

Duddly
[ Edited Wed Oct 13 2004, 05:40PM ]
Page 2 of 6