Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Night School (Not an override!)

by Sammy79 Posted 29th Mar 2007 at 4:11 PM - Updated 21st Aug 2009 at 10:44 AM by Sadie79 : Fixed pics and added a download

56 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 4:44 PM
A nice one. Good job!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 4:53 PM
Hey it seems i brought a whole new group of mods to MTS2!! Hey well good jod sissy, good job.

B.B.s Back!!! See this Thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=264996
Keep your eyes peeled for my new medieval goodies set
P.S. I will Not be Retiring
Forum Resident
#4 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 5:17 PM
This looks great. Thanks!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 5:37 PM
Thanks!
This looks great!
I don't have any vampire teens or children, but me myself are a night person, so this is going to be great for muy family :D

Oh and by the way, were did you get the yellow... er... thingy where you see your sims? (which is blue in the other games)
Looks very cool.

Thanks again.

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
No, I don't take request at the moment
11/7 -09 My beautiful niece was born!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 6:05 PM
Wow, that was quick! I didn't even get an approval PM...

@Hardy boyz: I got it from here - it's not been updated for Seasons yet but everything else is consistant

Glad you all like it, cheers for the comments

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 6:24 PM
Looks great on your post... can't wait to try it out, thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 7:06 PM
I just finished changing my own UI. It is very tiring. You have to go to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UI , take the ui.package and back it up in your documents folder, and open it in SimPE. That isn't very tiring, but when you start searching the package for bits of UI, you'll find there are tons of them, and it will take a while to change them. You export each one, modify them as you like (don't change the shape though unless you know what you are doing) then replace the ones in SimPE with your modified ones.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 7:24 PM
Wicked, this looks great. Great for teen vamps.

Garden of Shadows; for your goth side.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 7:36 PM
I've been searching various boards for something that's a bit different, but maybe you or someone else here could pull it off: a kind of nightschool for adult sims to get their college degree at home. Where they have to study at home, make assignments and so on. While having a day job.

So, if you're into that kind of mods, maybe you have some ideas?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 7:53 PM
@Wednesday: That's a very good idea... I know there's a mod here that lets you send adults to college - what actually happens is they get internally de-aged to YAs, but they still get sent to campus. I don't know if you could de-age an adult with InSim and use Squinge's college interactions on any lot.. but then there's still the job problem :-\

I hear you though, it happens a lot in real life and I say this as a Uni student at 27 - I'd love something like this myself, but I'm still learning for now, so all I can give are ideas...

Instructor
#12 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 8:25 PM
What a wonderful idea! I can't wait to try this out.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 11:35 PM
@Wednesday: I did some testing using the mod by Squinge that I mentioned, using an adult in a fresh hood and de-aging her with Insim. This is what I got:

Assignments etc. can be done fine. She got a job and even got promoted twice during her first semester The only problem there is, you can't see the job details although she left at the right times, so the job's working fine.

She was unable to go to class - the option wasn't there. Neither was she able to go to her final exam; I read on the thread concerned that this is a problem when aging to YA artificially. In any case you'd need the semester tester to kick-start the timer in the first place, and it's been suggested to use Twojeff's college adjuster on MATY to transition to the next semester and by-pass the final.

Although from what you're asking the class isn't a problem anyway. With no classes they study as and when, and I even got my YA to top marks Will be an interesting way to play anyway Maybe give that a try?

Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 12:07 AM
Coool!
I'll try it :P
Why is the control bar gold instead of blue? I'm curious :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 12:12 AM
I'm using a better-looking replacement, that's why - check post #6

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 2:14 AM
I'm not sure, if I got all that right... you can't see the job details - do you see the college details, then? Like the meter that tells you about your learning progress? And how about the required skills for both the job and college, is there any way to check them or do you just have to know the requirements.

The not going to class is in fact one thing I would want in that kind of mod - the sim has to go to work and the times could clash. So I think it is just right.

Would be good to have a final exam, but I guess one could do without. They'll have to prove their knowledge in another way. Is there a possibility to write the term paper on the computer?

Sooo... do you have the links for the mods and do they work with Seasons? Or do you think, these mods could be merged somehow to make a new one?
Anyway, thanks a bunch for picking up my idea and helping with possible solutions!
Forum Resident
#17 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sadie79
@Hardy boyz: I got it from here - it's not been updated for Seasons yet but everything else is consistant

Thanks.

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
No, I don't take request at the moment
11/7 -09 My beautiful niece was born!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sadie79
I'm using a better-looking replacement, that's why - check post #6

*lol* Thanks for that comment Sadie. When I found your post I had just finished playing the sims and would you believe for a few minutes I didnt even realise you had used it *lol*

Anyway - nice mod, I know my vampires will greatly appreciate it

Calidan

Creators: You may include ANY of my creations if posting to MTS2 (A PM letting me know would be appreciated) so long as credit and link to the original thread for the item is included. For external sites: Please ask first ... NO PAY SITES or EXCHANGE ALLOWED!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 11:21 AM
@Wednesday: The link to the college interactions anywhere is here and yes, it includes term papers, assignments and research. I tested it out with Seasons installed so I can safely say it works - about the job panel, yes it shows the college details, but there's no seperate tab for the job like there is for teens. So every time your sim gets promoted keep a pen handy To de-age the adult, you can either use a cheat or the InSimenator which has been updated for Seasons. Think that's it - you can get a buyable Semester Tester on here.

You're welcome guys

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 12:44 AM
Thanks again, Sadie79, veeeerrry much! For the links and of course for testing it for me. I'll try this ASAP.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 4:49 PM
Thanks Sadie! I have thought about something like this for my serious Teen Sims that want an adult job and still go to school!

~LaTasha~

I have tried, but have failed. What else is there for me do do?
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 10:58 PM
I think, I am a little stupid *g*.
I tried the "college mod", but kinda failed.

I made my adult into a young adult with InSim and declared a major with the college controller. I had my sim do assingments and write a termpaper. But since I could not go to final exam, he just stayed being 1 hour until final exam. I could not get him into the second semester, whatever I did. In the end I clicked on "graduate" and whoops! he 'accidentally' graduated from college, not from his current semester. I couldn't undo it and so he had a very short time as a college student. Since he made the effort, I gave him the additional want slots and locks anyway. But I'd really like to do this the proper way.

So how do I get the sim into another semester, it doesn't say in the post with the semester tester. So may I ask for help once again, please? I don't completely understand the menu of the semester tester (no native speaker)...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 2:14 AM
@Wednesday: Try this - it has more options, like choosing your semester. I did mention it in another post but forgot the link, soz... The semester tester is still needed to run the Uni scenario in the first place, but that'll get you through the exam bits

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 12:48 PM
This looks like a great mod, but I can't download anything from simlogical Is it just me?

Life is waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 2:07 PM
Thanks again, will try that.
Page 1 of 3