Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Animated Windows Hack *UPD 11 JAN 2009*

by Atavera (retired) Posted 15th Jan 2007 at 6:56 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2009 at 6:25 PM by Numenor : Added 2 'Holiday' windows

99 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
#2 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 7:02 PM
Oh my this is amazing i must say, i never ever thought of animated windows, WOW!, thanks.

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 7:13 PM
very lifelikebrilliant idea
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 7:17 PM
this really, really, really ought to be Re-featured! Thanks for bringing all of ataveras creations back!
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 7:17 PM
WOW
Amazing, I'll download right now!

You're the Cutest Gravedigger I've Ever Seen
Instructor
#6 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 7:26 PM
Cool. This really adds a nice aspect to Sims - it's details like this that make the game so life-like. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 7:44 PM
Wow! This is Amazing! Thank you so much! :D

Love is the Greatest Power!!! :)
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 7:46 PM
Thank you very much! It just makes the game even more lifelike!
Instructor
#9 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 7:54 PM
Absolute freaking genius.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 8:08 PM
Oh Yay! Updated!! :D

Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside. - Stewie (Family Guy)
Instructor
#11 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 8:44 PM
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 8:57 PM
Ahh, one of my favourite hacks updated by one of my favourite creators. Thanks Numenor and Atavera!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 9:17 PM
Ammaazzing!! SO COOL!
Thanks!!!
NLM

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.

Click here if you love me ;) or if u just wanna click here :D
Field Researcher
#14 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 9:51 PM
Thank you for uploaded a pets version, but what did pets break in this hack? I have been using the old one fine. Replacing anyway.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 10:17 PM
Thank you ive got already 10496 downloads do you think i can add this one too i want it i want it i wish i knew how many dl i can put in my game
Test Subject
#16 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 10:19 PM
Wonderful, and so very practical, too. Yet another download I must have.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 10:48 PM
Great! Thanks
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 10:58 PM
:O That ROCKS! How did I miss this download the first time around?

Just curious, does opening the window do anything besides look cool? Raise the environmental score, etc?

...and I wonder if, in the Seasons edition, it might make the room cold? LOL

Support a hungry coyfox (me!). Buy some wonderful flavored tea: Coy o'Teas

*10% goes to environmental causes*
Scholar
#19 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 11:11 PM
Yes it's a wonderful idea and realisation but I have to say too a special thank to you Numenor for keeping this mod updated. It's nice ! Merci beaucoup !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
The ModFather
retired moderator
#20 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsbaby
Thank you for uploaded a pets version, but what did pets break in this hack? I have been using the old one fine. Replacing anyway.

Using the old version in a Pets game basically breaks the ability of the Pets to "use" the Bay Window (Sit, Sleep and Chill interaction); moreover, this hack is likely to create problems when the Pets have to "decide" where to stop sleeping or stop sitting.

Therefor, the problems are not critical, and sometimes not visible at all; but there are conflicts, nevertheless; and we don't want conflicts, do we?

Quote: Originally posted by aimlesscoyote
Just curious, does opening the window do anything besides look cool? Raise the environmental score, etc?
...and I wonder if, in the Seasons edition, it might make the room cold? LOL

No, the open/close animation is just cosmetic; no stats are changed: nor the room environment, nor the sims comfort.
As for the Seasons, I don't have a clue about its real features; I would be surprised if it would introduce an actual "cold" feeling by the sims...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 12:50 AM
Thanks I wonder in any anything blows into the house when the new seasons ep is installed ???!
Forum Resident
#22 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 4:24 AM
This is one great Moddification to the game.. I wonder why Maxis abandoned the idea.. Especially with Seasons coming up.. it would be fun if you leave a window open during a rain storm or a snow storm.. very funny.. come home to a room full of snow..
I love this MOD.. Thank you Atavera and Numenor

Thank you for sharing,
Makai

Live Well
Laugh Often
Love Much

"If you don't live for something...You'll die for nothing.."
Theorist
#23 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 6:57 AM
wow this is great thanks for this!
Test Subject
#24 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 8:01 AM