Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Poodles (Toy & Standard)

by spark13 Posted 23rd Oct 2006 at 12:42 AM - Updated 26th Nov 2008 at 1:39 AM by Canoodle

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 12:23 PM
Cute Poodles, Thank you. :D
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 12:33 PM
I've been waiting for the "normal" poodles! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 1:41 PM
These are SO much better than the Maxis versions.
Thanks for these.
(What is with those two lunps of fur on the Maxis poodles backs anyways?)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 2:56 PM
YAAAY! THank you! The little black one looks just like my own precious puppy at home! :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 3:36 PM
Hah! I tried to make some poodles like this myself last night. Yours are much more accurate, though. Wonderful job!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 3:58 PM
I really like the all over hair cut. Those poofs look so silly! Thank you for sharing!
Instructor
#8 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 5:23 PM
Well done!
Quote: Originally posted by Bubbleberri
Thanks for these.

In real life the two poofs on their back are meant to protect their hip joints from the cold as poodles are prone to arthritis. However, I love poodles and I absolutely hate that clip which is now used as a show clip and the first thing I did was try to alter it. I don't know what Maxis was thinking as very few pet owners try to keep their poodles in that clip. I much prefer the pet clip or puppy clip shown here.

I'm eleven hundred and twenty-years-old, jus' gimme' a frikkin' beer!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 7:28 PM
Horray! Poodles as I know and love them :D
Thank you for sharing
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 8:17 PM
Thank You so much for this puppy or "lamb" clip (another name for this haircut).
My mother has groomed dogs for years and we tend to keep our own poodles in this or the "lion" clip (simular to the maxis cut but the hindquarters are completely shaved [no stupid puffs on the hips] .) Good Job
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubbleberri
Thanks for these.

*laugh* Yeah, as the other said, it was meant to protect the hips. Sad as it is to say, that cut was pretty close to an actual show cut. (I've never been fond of the show cut, myself. Although I DID use it on my Alien doggie for the sheer cheesiness of the whole look!)

This will be nice to have for just my normal, regular, happy non-cheese Standard Poodles! Thanks tons for creating this, Spark13!
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 8:46 PM
This is great! I was going to download the poodle in the game, but hated the cut. Now if I could just get someone to do a sheltie I could be in simmie heaven.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 9:37 PM
Ok you know what is funny and a little spooky. I was working on makeing a Standard Pooddle with out the weid fur do last night. I even found the exact same picture of a pooddle on the internet that you used. But I have to say that you did a much better job then I did. That is a little freaky that you come out with what I was trying to do last night using the same picture.

I can quit dowloading coustom content anytime I want, I just don't want to...and no I do not have a problem.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 9:51 PM
I was thinking I wanted a toy poodle for one of my families, but the fluff was a bit too much, these are adorable!

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Test Subject
#15 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 11:50 PM
I can't stand that cut either, so thank you for preparing a non-silly look. My RL poodle had two cuts: shaved bald (except for the head), and Whoolly Mammoth (in winter)
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 12:33 AM
Thank you sooooo much! I hated the Maxis cut!

"We're not snobs, we're just better than you!"
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 2:34 AM
i havn't got pets yet still waiting till it release 26th on this month love the poodles i have realy one but he is cross with maltess i download the cute poodles anyway thankyou
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 4:38 AM
thank you thank you thank you, a thousand times thank you! I have a toy poodle myself and I HATED the maxis cut. My own dog actually has a close haircut all over, like a short "sport" clip, and tiny "poofs" only her feet and tail. This is so much closer. I tried for hours to replicate her cut with no success so I am blessing you right now :-)
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 4:56 AM
Thank you!!!! They are adorable!!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 6:46 AM
this looks great and if ea ever sends me my game i am going to dowload this. thanks for this download.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 4:05 PM
thank you i feel the same way about the show cut, i have a black miniature poodle and he is cut more like yours
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 1:14 AM
yay! i love poodles! <3

ღLiving Dead Girlღ
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 5:21 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I tried doing this myself, but failed miserably! (We have toy poodles, and we like to get them puppy cuts.) Thanks! :D
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 11:18 PM
Thank you so much! I've always had poodles and couldn't wait to see the EA one. When I did, I was very disappointed because normal pets don't look like that. Thank you for something that looks like what I want in my game! My two real life poodles have the puppy cut.... speaking of which, somebody bring me my clippers... LOL!!!
Test Subject
#25 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 5:53 PM
Thank you so much, i couldn't stand they way maxis had thier poodles.I don't like the cut.So happy i can have a normal looking poodle.Thank you Thank you
Page 1 of 2