Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 18th May 2008 at 12:44 AM
ok,some of the stuff has finally changed, and some of it hasn't.
i'll report back when i have investigated further. btw, do you guys delete your "cache" files before using categorizer?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27 Old 18th May 2008 at 11:05 AM
Yes, it's best to I find.
Theorist
#28 Old 18th May 2008 at 1:40 PM
is it possible that the game is putting the objects in place very slowly, bit by bit? i would find this strange but it may be the case. like for example it would recategorize 10 items per game boot-up?
Theorist
#29 Old 31st May 2008 at 8:18 PM
problem somehow solved itself when i uninstalled, then reinstalled all expansion packs, and placed my sims 2 folder back in place
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 2:28 AM
My problem: Items are NOT showing up for me, nothing at all loads or shows up when I open this program.

I have read every post on this forum and no one seems to have an answer. Also please don't send me to the creator's website, people have posted about this problem eons ago and there is no reply to any of them. It seems as though those support forums are dead.

I was just wondering if anyone figured out how to fix this problem?

*grumbles* I don't remember how to program much, but I really want some software that does what this one does and actually works ... or even has someone helping people. This is so frustrating that I may have to learn to program and program something like this myself!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#31 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 10:58 PM
Missa, are you using Vista or XP? Also, are you browsing to the correct folder? Can you put some package files into a folder on your desktop and view them? Are the thumbnails not showing, or is it that the objects are not recognised at all? Try generating a clean Sims 2 folder- will the categorizer recognise package files in a freshly generated Downloads folder (run Bodyshop to generate a Downloads folder)?
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 7:32 AM
~ I'm running XP.

~ Nothing at all shows up, just the blinking box. I'm not having the problem of the thumbnails not showing up, I'm having the problem where nothing at all shows up.

~ Yes I'm browsing to the correct folder ^^

~ I tried putting a few packages on my desktop in a folder and pointed to that folder, still same problem.

~ I'm assuming you get a clean downloads folder by backing up the current one, deleting the download folder and everything in it, and then running body shop for it to create a fresh one. And no that didn't work either. Still nothing. I tried with 6 files at first too, and it doesn't see any of them.

P.S. Thanx for the help, even if it's still broken!
P.S.S. You play Rock Band? If so what system?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 2:01 PM
The blinking square shows up if you are viewing recolours or makeup, clothes etc. The Categorizer only shows up mesh buy and build objects. Maybe that is the issue?
PS: No problem!
PPS: No, and neither do Rush, by the look of it!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 7:01 PM
Haha. Well in all actuality I turned the blinking square off, seeing as though there is nothing but blankness that it's blinking around, lol. I'm dreading having to try to uninstall and reinstall all the EP's ... so I'm probably not going to do that until I get a new laptop. (this one is junk -kicks it-)

I'm going to try generating a new downloads folder again, and I'm going to make sure that the items I put in there are build/buy items, because ... I didn't check last time and maybe I just put in genetics.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#35 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 8:14 PM
This is what I get for objects:

Each of those items have recolours, also located in the same folder, but the Categorizer does not display those. Some objects which do not have a thumbnail may show like these:

The mauve question mark is shown for each of the diagonal door meshes, which I haven't generated thumbs for.
CAS items don't show at all- I just get a blank flashing square:

I also get the blank flashing square if I browse to a folder that has no package files in the root.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 2:37 AM
Ok cool, after creating a new download folder, my items show up. Although they don't have thumbnails, but heh, that's another problem for another day. Thank you so much for your help and finally solution!
Test Subject
#37 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 7:22 AM
Default I can't open the program
I has the problem when I open the program. The error message shows as below . could someone help me to solve ? I really like this program .

Error: 5
Invalid procedure call or argument

Module: modSimsPackage
Procedure: gsOpenPackageFile

Install Path: E:\Sims 2 Categorizer\Program
Data Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents
Sims Path: D:\The Sims 2\

Additional Error Data:
Filename = C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails\ObjectThumbnails.package
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 4:20 AM
Did anybody have problems with this who have a lot of downloads? I have about five gbs of custom content and I'm wondering if I just have too much stuff. It freezes every time it goes looking for 'recolours'. I even do this with no other programs running on my PC so i don't think it's a ram thing...
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#39 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 8:20 AM
Did you know that SimWardrobe has his own support forum for this at http://simlogical.com/slforum/index.php?board=52.0 ?

The only thing is though that you could wait a while for a reply, but it wouldn't hurt to post there as well, and carry on here while you are waiting for something more definitive

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#40 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 11:06 AM
Thankyou Inge, at the time this was setup SimWardrobe's support forum appeared overrun with spam. Will direct all further Sims2Categorizer to the correct site.
Locked thread
Page 2 of 2