Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 10:53 PM
I have supported MTS2 at intervals from the early days. Today I started monthly.
I can imagine Sims2 without this site.
Can donate? Too young, no credit card. Think outside of that box. You most likely know someone that has the means to donate. Talk with them about the site, show it to them and ask them to help you send even a little.
For the price of one less coke/coffee a day, times the members here. Wow what we could do for this site.
Just another thought. Take it or not.

It is worth the cash to me to have MTS2 around a very long time.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 11:16 PM
I am sorry to hear about the site financial situation ($1,900.00 a month WOW) and the deal with Goggle dropping the ball at the end of the month..

On my way to add something extra for this month.

Can't imagine my life without this site.

Thank you all for sharing,

Makai

Live Well
Laugh Often
Love Much

"If you don't live for something...You'll die for nothing.."
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 11:30 PM
I made a one time donation last time there was a drive, but now I've decided to become a monthly donator. I can afford it, and since I've gotten more content from this site than I have from the offical EPs I think it is worth it. Good luck getting what you need, Delphy.

Mods rock my sox.
Test Subject
#54 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 11:32 PM
I am broke until the sixth, but on payday, i will definitely see if i can stretch the check far enough to add a donation to you guys. This site is wonderful and i use it almost daily, so it's about time i give back.

screw google btw.
Test Subject
#55 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 11:45 PM
I paid now let's see you reach for your wallet
If you're my homepage I guess I'd better pay up. What's 5.00 a month? I can do without a couple of bags of M&Ms a week. I pay for Sims Resource so why not MTS2? Glad to paypal you. :lovestruc I love you Guys! Luvvv you! Let's all lift a jar to MTS2
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 2:27 AM
If I could, I would definitely donate. But unfortunately, money issues in my home prevent me from doing so. But trust me- given the chance and oppurtunity, I'd gladly give donations. Please, accept my apology for being unable to donate.
The site if one of my favourite sites simpley because there's no need for me to pay- unlike other good Sims 2 sites I've seen.
Scholar
#57 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 6:32 AM
It is really nice to see everyone pulling together. I was just telling someone on that it is really nice how a simply game can bring so many people together. I think we may rival the Everquest gang! HEHEHE!

Please check me out at Sims Crossing Please do not upload any of my lots,clothing, or other creations to other sites!
Test Subject
#58 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 6:52 AM
I don't see how this site can stay free much longer. I know it must be a burden on you guys. I would love to donate but with the medical stuff, I am trying to figure up how I am going to pay my mortgage with -500 in the bank. But I still feel like a leach because I haven't been able to donate.

When I am able to donate, I would like to see an option for something like 2 months for 10 or 12 bucks. I was pretty much paying that on a paysite that cared nothing about the technical issues of their members. I sincerely hope that if this site does go pay that it will truly be member focused. I like the way this site works. I don't feel as though artist aren't getting properly compensated for their work because everything's free. And MTS2 has made so many important contributions to the Sims 2.

Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
sansudav, Of course, nobody could pay for MTS2, in which case I'd shut the site down. It has never been a requirement for you to pay to access anything on the site - people donate out of thier own goodwill.
Part-time Hermit
#59 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 7:16 AM
Quote:
When I am able to donate, I would like to see an option for something like 2 months for 10 or 12 bucks.

I believe one of the current monthly donator plans is $5/month.
Test Subject
#60 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 7:49 AM
I love this site. I can't imagine my sims without all the cool stuff I have found here so I became a monthly donator. Hope it helps.
Ice Princess
#61 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 11:51 AM
Delphy I don't know if you are familiar with this or not but I figured I'd pass it on anyways. Adbrite is a ad system much like Google where you sell ad space. Here is the url http://www.adbrite.com/ .

Home of the Sims 2 InSIMenator.net

Stroke my Llama
Test Subject
#62 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 11:53 AM
*comes out of lurk mode* I'm a monthly supporter anyway, but I got a little extra overtime in my last check and made a donation. I love this site and appreciate Delphy and all the talented and creative people who are fuelling my sims addiction and making my hard drive explode. Good luck!
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 12:39 PM
I really thought those ad-free subscriptions were a good idea. Someone previously mentioned that there is on average 2k people viewing the page each day. If you charge $12.00 a year like someone else mentioned, and 2k signed up for it...then your website would be more secure for a year. Hopefully more would sign up for it, and if less did, then at least you'd be that much closer. Those willing to pony up the $12.00 would surf ad free. Not a bad deal, eh when thesimsresource.com charges $42.95 and welldressedsim.com charges $31.95 for six months.

"Blubber nuggets...mmm...they're chewy!" - Cosmo
Test Subject
#64 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 1:35 PM Last edited by DoudliPops : 29th Jul 2006 at 3:32 PM.
It would be a sad thing to have the site name changed to "Mop The Sims 2"!
So come on people, just a dollar will help (that's about 22 billion yen?? )

Many have been logging here for months, or years. Think about how long you play with a PC game before it collects dust and you go get another (besides TS2 of course), and another, all for between 30 to 70$ a game.

It takes an awfull amount of time and creativity to create stuff you dowload in 1 sec. And this site is their platform for doing it. Keep it alive.

Thumbs up to everyone who manage this awsome site, and the creators who makes us come back here days after days!

"Call now, an operator is standing by!"
"And if you make your donation in the next 15 minutes, you'll get not one, not two, but three clicks on the thanks button, all that with a nice smile!"
Get the money in !!

DoudliPops
Scholar
#65 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 1:49 PM
I love MTS2 and I love all people and creators who made it the best Sims Site EVER.For me its like a magical fountain,its enchanting the word for many birds and human people.I hope that this awful thing with Google will be only a difficult problem to solve,but you'll solve it.With all my wishes,crossing fingers and prayers.
Test Subject
#66 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 2:02 PM
Default I Would Donate
I would donate if i could but the problem is i live in the Uk. I know you can still donate but there is a charge for transferring money from £ into $. Also i can't because of my parents, we're not very rich and only survive on what we have. We don't have a computer or internet so i always go round to my friends (like now) and download stuff on her computer and play the sims 2 on hers.

Thank so much for a wonderful site. I'm afraid though this site will change into a paying site soon, and you can only download if you're a paying member. I hope not though.

You Know "Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover" Except If Your Me, That's Different.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LyricLee
Yes absolutely everyone needs to donate 1900$ its like mandatory and if you dont we will come to your house, cover you in honey and beat you with limp spaghetti....

I've already donated Lyric - but anytime you're up for this <winks>

Maybe we should ditch this emotie as well? :google:

Kiri

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 3:06 PM
Count me in! I run a site with Adsense and I always live in fear that they are going to shut it off. Unreal.
Test Subject
#69 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 3:14 PM Last edited by loonym : 29th Jul 2006 at 3:17 PM. Reason: just forgot sth... duh!
ok, just donated some euros! (not much though, unemployed... )
the least i could do, since i come here almost every day to satisfy my sims2 custom content addiction!

as soon as i get a job, i'll definitely become a monthly subscriber, this site is soooooo worth it!! :lovestruc

thanks guys and hope i could help if only a bit!

ps: btw, don't mind the banners in the least, i only just noticed them two days ago, couldn't remember if they had always been there or not...
Test Subject
#70 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 3:32 PM
I can't donate, because I don't have a credit card...sorry, If I could, I would. Everybody who can, please donate! :D
Test Subject
#71 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 3:55 PM
Is there a way to donate without using paypal? I don't have a own credit card and can't donate over my father (he's going to rip me to shreds if he would find out) besides, Is there a way to make the donation in € without the additional charges of money transfer? Because I looked it up and even if there would be a way to traditionally pay (with other words, donate without PC) they charge up to 50% of the donated amount in addition just for transfering it to $.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 3:57 PM
I only managed to renew my site this year through donations! I am very strapped for cash, but I think I can send a bit in the middle of the month. I can pay a little less on something and make it up later
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 4:10 PM
One of the things that makes this site so awesome is that ALL of the wonderful content is available to everyone, regardless of their ability to pay. I would really hate to see that change. It seems as if on all the sites that do offer *donation* items, or paysites (like TSR) that offer some free content, that the stuff really worth downloading is the stuff you have to pay for. It's disappointing to find just what you're looking for for your sims, and not be able to have it because you can't afford to pay.

I'm one of those who can't pay. I'm not in the dire financial situation some people have shared, but there's just no way I can donate. I refuse to feel guilty over it either.

For those of you who have said things like "for us, it's not free" like those of us who can't pay should feel guilty, I say, the site is still free to you. You aren't obligated to pay. You choose to pay because MTS2 means something to you, and because you can afford to help. Not free means you have to pay to get something. A free will donation is something else again. You're giving them a gift of money, and by it's very definition, a gift is given without strings or obligations, with no expectation of getting something in return. A payment is an obligation, with an expectaion of getting something in return.

No one should be pressured into paying. Delphy certainly didn't try to do that. He said "Hey guys, there's a problem. Can anyone help?" and many of you jumped up and said "Yes!"

“Meddle not in the affairs of the dragon; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.”
-unknown
Test Subject
#74 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 4:12 PM
How do I buy ad space? Does MTS2 have an AdBrite account?
Field Researcher
#75 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 5:23 PM
I know it was just announced, but when the time is right... Will there be an update as to the results of the donation drive? It would be good to know the impact of our collective donations.

~*~*~*~ Proud supporter of MTS2 ~*~*~*~
Page 3 of 8