Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:10 PM Last edited by LyricLee : 27th Jul 2006 at 8:25 PM.
Default Sims 2: Pets! News and Info!
Hey everyone...as most of you may know, but some don't, Maxis has announced formally today that the next expansion pack will be Pets.

You can find the full news article here
http://thesims2.ea.com/news/detail.php?id=763

And Pictures and Videos Here
http://thesims2.ea.com/about/ep4_index.php

Discuss the next EP here
http://www.sims2community.com/forumdisplay?forumid=59
in out Pets Chatterbox

***New Rule!***
We'd also like to take this time to inform you of a new temporary rule that will be in effect for this web site. As with all new expansion packs, we have very little knowledge to the changes made and the mod-ability (is that a word?) of the new features. This being said we will NOT be allowing ANY pet requests, until our top modders have had ample time to disect this new Create-A-Pet feature and assess its degree of difficulty.
Anyone who posts a pet request will have their post removed immediately and be issued a warning for not following instructions.
Please give us enough time (probably about a month or so) to be able to learn what we need to so we can eventually allow pet requests.
Thank you for your full cooperation on this matter.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:11 PM
Sounds good. Thanks
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:12 PM
Instructor
#4 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:13 PM
cool, understandable. And Pets, yay my neices will freak out, they've wanted this since the game has been out.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:22 PM
Ooooh *squeals like a little schoolgirl* I'm so happy. I've been waiting for this ever since TS2 was released. Thanks for sharing the news Lyric
Instructor
#6 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:30 PM
woooooooooow i cant wait for pets to come out its gonna be so fantastic

If You Want To See Any More Of My Downloads Visit My WebSite
demiseverlastingsims2.com
Instructor
#7 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:31 PM
How exciting is this?! Thank you for posting the news link, we finally have a release date, if I read that correctly, Oct. 17 for pc. I just hope they allow us to suspend the aging like we do for the humans. I have four little dogs, (Buffy, the "Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful" in my avatar is my little Shih Tzu. You can't read the print because the pic would have to be too big) but anyway I'll be able to fashion a little doggie after each one. This is great news!

I'm eleven hundred and twenty-years-old, jus' gimme' a frikkin' beer!
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:41 PM
yes yes YES!!! *runs around screaming* I've been waiting for this since... er... forever!
Scholar
#9 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:43 PM
ah, finally I can have my cats simmed ^^;

The rest of my skins can be found in my blog
http://navetsea.blogspot.com
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:45 PM
When I bought Family Fun Stuff on the day it came out the workers at Game Stop asked me if I wanted to put money down on the Pets expansion pack but I dont think they said pets it was some other thing relating to animals.

Sims

Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:48 PM
Miaouhhh !!!
You change the site name to Mod the Cats ? It should be great !

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Instructor
#12 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:07 PM
Yes! Finally we can have our own pets again. I can't wait!

Please do not upload any of my lots to the exchange, or any other site.
If you would like to see more of my lots click here.
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:10 PM
Yes understood clearly...........yayayayay WOW i knew pets had to be comming soon im shaking ...... this game is my addiction i need it NOW LOL
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:14 PM
Sorry, but this is one expansion I will definitely be giving a miss to (Unless it is needed for something else).. I always found "Unleased" a rather stupidly realized expansion in S1, as I did not like the roaming "strays" at all. (I could live without the puddles they made constantly on the walkways as well).

"Practice Random Acts of Kindness & Senseless Beauty." - unknown.
Test Subject
#15 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:17 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I'm so happy i am so gonna save up for it. I hope it comes out soon! The CReate-A-Pet thing sounds like fun...
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:22 PM
Finally, I've been wanting this since The Sims 2 first came out... hearing that a pet expansion is in the works made my day.

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

TLKFAA | DeviantArt | LiveJournal | FurAffinity
Scholar
#17 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:29 PM
What a problem! I'll have to ask my cat if "he " allows me to buy the next expansion pack.Poor little !! "He" is already furious when I am playing with the computer and the mouse,because that prevents him from playing or sleeping ON "his" desk.But now seeing me playing with other cats,I am afraid it could be too much for "him"....Well,I'll try and negotiate...

Thanks for all the info on this thread.
Test Subject
#18 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:30 PM
I cant wait, i can sim my grayhound on sims 2! Skeeter (grayhound) will be extactic!! I wonder if he cares
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:34 PM
I am excited and my daughter will freak. I cannot wait.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:35 PM
I heard a while back that Pets was going to be the next EP, COOL! Think " Island of Dr. Moreau" or "species"... Cross skinning humans and pets I can't wait

Alcohol will not solve your problems...But then again, neither does Milk
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:35 PM
Good news for those of us who love pets! Two months and a half seems too long, though

Dont' forget to press the Thanks button. Thanks!

Sims2Good Cloudy seaside mood

Don't include my content (in lots, sims...) but to MTS2, including a link to my thread.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:36 PM
warmbear: didn't you ever use the "no strays" sign? yeah, the strays were irritating, but who's to say we'll even have tehm in this game? this isn't Unleashed. it's Pets. You know what else was irritating about The Sims 1? people waking up earlier than they want=ing and throwing an hour-long fit, thus missing work. But that didn't keep you from buying The Sims 2, did it? No, cuz they don't do that anymore.
I'm so PSYCHED about Pets. actually, the EA Store had it a week ago that you could pre-order Pets, before it was officially announced. they had a picture and all already up.
Test Subject
#23 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:37 PM
this is soo exciting!
i cant wait
Instructor
#24 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:42 PM
Thank you for the heads up. I can appreciate the modders needing time to investigate the new EP. I wait with great anticipation not only for the EP but for the mods our great artist here create.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Test Subject
#25 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:48 PM
YAYAYA !!!! Pets, I can't wait. Now I can make my 2 very lovable doggies!!!
Thanks for the info and all is understood!

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive!

Remember - true love only comes round once, grab it with both hands and appreciate it, for it might only last a couple of seconds.
Locked thread
Page 1 of 6