Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 3:24 PM
Looks like it worked fine!! Well done!! xx
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 7:54 PM
Whew, I was scared for a moment there. It doesn't seem to be causing any problems, hopefully it doesn't! Thanks so much for your help! I can't wait to put the final touches on it and upload it here.

You're a goddess,
Amber

Here's the Booty Enjoy!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 23rd Jul 2006 at 6:19 PM Last edited by amberandcarlos33 : 23rd Jul 2006 at 6:52 PM.
*Cries Out in Surprise* Darn it! This is bizarre. I just yesterday was taking pictures of the completed house. Here's the completed front image:

And here's what it looked like today when I entered the lot. Note that it didn't look like this from the neighborhood screen.

I was ready to upload but forgot the floorplan shots so I went back in to take them and this is what I found. It looks like the fence from Numenor and MaryLou has reverted to the cloned statue. How do I fix this? And also, the walls as you can see are bare and don't show up. The walls & fences dont' show up in the game's objects menu. What happened? *whimpers*

Here's the Booty Enjoy!
Mad Poster
#29 Old 23rd Jul 2006 at 6:38 PM Last edited by niol : 23rd Jul 2006 at 6:45 PM.
Just don't save anything no matter what... Just to try to keep the file stay in the lastly saved state. and then start to go figure what happened...

May even still save an exported back-up copy...anyway.

Just in case, are the necessary custom contents really in the "downloads folder or related custom folders?

Are those wallpapers custom ones?

May check whether any newly-installed custom contents (objects and/or wallpapers) if any may conflict with the custom contents you've used in the lot...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 23rd Jul 2006 at 6:49 PM
The Custom Content isn't showing up, now that I've looked closer at it. The items that I've used in this house have disappeared from the game menu. The items are here: My Documents/EAGames/Sims2/Downloads/Objects. Some of them are the meshes and I think I read somewhere that the meshes can only be in the Downloads folder so I will move them there and see if they then show up in my game. I haven't saved anything. I also thought about re-installing the house via sims2pack because I had packaged it the day before. I'll let you know how it goes.

Here's the Booty Enjoy!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 23rd Jul 2006 at 7:49 PM
Well when I re-installed the house with the Sims2pack it worked like a charm. So I don't know what happened. I'll simply delete the original house and keep the re-installed one.

Thanks for the help,
Amber

ps - I think I'm ready to upload.

Here's the Booty Enjoy!
Test Subject
#32 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 2:25 AM Last edited by keyloki : 24th Jul 2006 at 3:00 AM.
Hey there.....This may be just a WEE bit off the topic but not completely........after going throught this thread COMPLETELY, and trying this method of "split leveling" I have discovered that 45 degree walls give me some REAL fits......I can not seem to get the walls to be level, they're always jagged...........any thoughts? I've even tried it with just a test lot that is square with only one 45 degree wall at the corner ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I'm ALWAYS sincere....even when I dont mean it !
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#33 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 4:29 AM
keyloki: delete the wall, then hit undo. Does it help?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#34 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 5:15 AM
No.....same result.....hmmmmm.....cant seem to flatten the tops of the walls.....both levels too.

Mad Poster
#35 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 1:16 PM
If a lot reload doesn't help, it can mean the grid layer around the corner is not plain/flat/horizontal...
May try to build some normal straight walls aroun it, or use the levelling tool to flatten it from the upper level. (The latter may need boolprop constrainfloorelevation false to accomplish.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 6:37 PM
keyloki, post some pictures here so we can see what you've done. It'll be a little easier once we have a visual of what you're talking about. Also, if you could maybe repeat the process and show us the pictures of that (as I have done above) we can see where you went wrong and maybe somebody here would be kind enough to help!

Thanks again everybody.

Here's the Booty Enjoy!
Test Subject
#37 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 12:23 PM
I think I got it figured out finally (took forever), it was a graphical error and only needed reloaded....I just needed to save the lot and then reload and it came out fine.......one thing though.....maybe I'm incorrect but Jonesi's tutorial for split levels has you use the terrain tool from HIGHEST to LOWEST after placing floor tiles around the outside of the building........this wasnt working for me quite right, however terrain leveling from LOWEST to HIGHEST after placing the floor tiles worked perfectly..........

thanx to everyone, you are all sooo helpful, it makes these boards a joy to be on, you all are GREAT ! ! ! ! ! !

here is what WAS happening, fixed now though.

Mad Poster
#38 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 1:12 PM
Normally, this type of graphical glitch doesn't harm and since it gets fixed through a reload, I really don't see any problem with the approach that tutorial meantioned. Yet, still try to avoid too many glitches in a particular case coz it can potentially cause a crash probably due to accumulation of unstable factors. Yet, I believe a simple save and/or reload can help reduce such potential.
Test Subject
#39 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 1:44 PM
I wonder if there is a potential problem for anyone who would upload it?

Field Researcher
#40 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by keyloki
I wonder if there is a potential problem for anyone who would upload it?

I have posted a possible solution to your problem in your thread '45 degree split level problem'....Hope that helps

fev

On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 8:07 PM
keyloki,

The potential I was talking about is for the likelihood of a game-running session, but not the lot file itself... The lot file should be fine in most cases, yet try not to crash the game to reduce the chance for lot file corruption. That's what I meant.
Test Subject
#42 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 11:48 PM
Well....I packed it and installed it in one of my other computers.....I put a sim in it and I'm kinda playing around with it.....just a couple of "minor" issues so far, but nothing graphical.

Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies
Page 2 of 2