Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 1:56 AM
How did u slope that bridge?

go to http://www.sim-mart.com
I make the lots for them
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 2:03 AM
The bridge was a nightmare... Because I did it wrong the first time. Here's the way I did it the second time:

I made two pieces of foundation, joined them with tiles, then deleted one and moved it a few spaces away, and repeated until it was long enough.
Then added rails and lamps.

Then I used:
boolProp constrainFloorElevation false
...and moved the terrain up to shape the bridge.

Then I used:
boolProp constrainFloorElevation false
...and made water, with a medium brush, under the bridge.

Then added stairs.

en7en - "that pagoda guy..."
Field Researcher
#28 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 2:20 AM
en7en could you please possible link your newest Pagogoda house to this thread or if you've uploaded it to thesims2.com main page could you give us your screen name there if it's different please!.

Thx

Craig

[ Edited 23-11-2004 02:21AM ]

I'm the one that's gonna die when it's time for me to die,So let me live my life the way I want to!.-J.Hendrix
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 4:00 AM
Your pagoda looks awesome! Also the decorating is top notch. Keep up the great work.

Where I live there are'nt any hills, so unfortunately we must live as "waterbillies"!
Forum Resident
#30 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 4:57 AM
OMG ... The version 2 is more just astonished than the first one ...

What a great job.

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Test Subject
#31 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 12:21 PM
You said you wanted ideas. How about a Japanese Temple , and more houses would be great, maybe large houses, for large familes.

http://gojapan.about.com/cs/photogallery/l/bltem_tou1.htm
http://gojapan.about.com/cs/photogallery/l/bltem_temple1.htm
http://gojapan.about.com/
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 3:08 PM
great job

go to http://www.sim-mart.com
I make the lots for them
Instructor
#33 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 3:23 PM
All I can say is wow! This is one of the most creative lots I've seen, and it's gorgeous too. I tend to like unusual or interesting style houses, but the problem with many of those is that they just aren't terribly functional for actually playing a lot of time. This one has a really open design and room to get around so it's great.

I'll download and try out the 2 story version as soon as I get home. The curved bridge is lovely! Thanks for posting how you made it. I tried to make one for one of my houses a while back and gave up (that was before I knew about those cheats) and just made a flat one lined with wooden fence and little lanterns. It's functional, but doesn't look nearly as nice as yours.

Great job!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 3:28 PM
Neo_Sniper: Thank you very much. These are very useful pics. I could certainly make a temple like that. The only problem is the spire at the top... Hmmm...

I'll get to work on it right away. It will be a nice addition to the collection.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 3:30 PM
Here's the link to the file in the downloads section:

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?view.507

#36 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 5:16 PM
This is one of the most impressive house built in TS2 I've seen!
Incredible job !amazed
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 9:38 AM
In response to Neo_Sniper's request, I'm proud to present:

[color=green][size=20]Zen 7: The Jade Temple[/size][/color]

This five-level pagoda is built in the purest japanese tradition. Features a serene garden with an arched bridge, and five levels your sims can actually climb. The view from the top is breathtaking!

The file has been posted to the downloads. I'll put the link here as soon as I have it.

Anybody else have a request?

[img]e107_files/public/15810_jadetemple.jpg[/img]
<span class='smalltext'>[ 15810_jadetemple.jpg ][/i]

Test Subject
#38 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 10:02 AM
Your pagodas are beautiful en7en!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 4:42 PM
Here's the link to download the Jade Temple .

Test Subject
#40 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 4:46 PM
Absolutely beautiful work.. keep it up
Jezz

I don't like you well enough to lie to you!
Field Researcher
#41 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 4:51 PM
So deeply inspiring...really grand...

en7en, would you be my new best friend?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 4:54 PM
ROFL!!!

Google puts ads on these pages based on what keywords it finds in the content. Below is the web-ad that Google decided to put on this thread. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw it!

I guess them keywords can be deceptive! LOL!

[img]e107_files/public/15810_imgad.gif[/img]
<span class='smalltext'>[ 15810_imgad.gif ][/i]

Lab Assistant
#43 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 5:14 PM
Wow, your houses are brilliant, could you make some more Domed roof houses now?

Down with Paysites
Up with the British Empire :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 5:20 PM
fishface: I'll be glad to make more domes.

What works best is if you can post or link to an image, to show me what you'd like. Search Google images for "Dome", for instance, and post the links you find to houses you like.

Field Researcher
#45 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 5:46 PM
You rock,LOL. Those are the most beautiful buildings I have EVER seen for the sims2. I VERY rarely download lots ( used to download starters but I don't even do that anymore). I have to have these. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us. It is appreciated. :D
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 5:56 PM
Could you make tutorials on how to make these.

Thanks

Wanna see more of my creations?
Visit My Site: www.UniversalSims.com
Field Researcher
#47 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 6:31 PM
En, you know you should step on over to the N99 forums, great bunch of folks there, plus there is this AWESOME sim architect there, she posted in this thread above, her name is BlondeMermaid. You two would get along grandly, I think.

http://p218.ezboard.com/bstarlightsims
Test Subject
#48 Old 25th Nov 2004 at 12:59 AM
Wonderful, thanks.

Got 2 sugestions
http://www.kagawa-jc.ac.jp/~steve_mc/koyasan.html

and a japanese monastery, now this would most likly be the hardest, as in it would have to be the largest lot type. It would be surrounded by walls, the walls would be basicly be a room that goes around the entirer lot 1 square wide and would have a sloped roof all around it, and would have large gates.

Then several Temples on the inside, and housing for the monks.

Edit: The reason I didn't reply faster was that it was my Birthday yesterday (23rd) and around 9 PM Est my mother triped and hit her head on the corner of a wall, she is ok now, but she did need 19 Staples, 14 Stictes on the outside and 8 on the inside. and now i have a cold, geez.
[ Edited 25-11-2004 01:03AM ]
Field Researcher
#49 Old 25th Nov 2004 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by en7en
Well, you make a grid of walls on the ground level, put floor tiles (Red tile in this case) on top, then set boolprop constrainFloorElevation false, and shape the ground up and down until you have the shape you want. Remove all walls, change the boolprop back, and flatten the ground.

en7en,

I have tried this method, making a gird and putting fencing on top on the grid (to make an archway) and all is well until I flatten the ground. The arch flattens with the ground and is flat again. and I am CERTAIN boolprop constrainFloorElevation is set to TRUE.

Suggestions? Did you run into this problem?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 5:07 AM
Yes! You need to remove all the walls, turn the cFE back to true, and then flatten.
But there's an easier way. I'm working on perfecting the technique.

Locked thread
Page 2 of 3