Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#26 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 4:39 PM
alpjoy you said "mesh" way too many times in that post.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 5:54 PM
If you have a better way of describing the 3d forms of the characters in the game let me know OK. I didn't download the Gamestop package and I have the mesh. The body mesh has boots and leather clothing. I have 2 skin recolor variations and I know the cup size is larger press F3 while using bodyshop and load that mesh then pick a Maxis body mesh. If you don't notice a difference get your eyes checked.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 6:19 PM
So that means Gamespot has a Mesh editor....... Let's Lynch mob

Down with Paysites
Up with the British Empire :)
Field Researcher
#29 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 7:39 PM
For any one who wants the boys speedo mesh save yourself some money and download it at http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sim_detail.php?asset_id=102488&search=1&asset_type=sim&key=speedo&order=CREATION_DATE+desc&nrows=5&age=&gender=&custom=&locality=&country=&view=

If you can't make your own that is.
Test Subject
#30 Old 25th Nov 2004 at 4:37 AM
Well, something's weird with the Army Girl; at
http://wallsims.povlab.org/ Look at the picture below and you'll see the 'big' picture...

on the left is the outfit referenced above applied to a 'blank' sim in body shop. On the right is the SAME SIM that I just changed it to a plain swim suit....

that ain't no optical illusion, that a D-cup compared to maybe a B.

Lab Assistant
#31 Old 25th Nov 2004 at 5:07 AM
This outfit is available on the Exchange. Not the exact one like at the pay site, but you know what I mean.

Search for "amazon" and "army." I found something like 7 different ones.

And, yes, it's not an optical illusion! Definitely different.

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
Test Subject
#32 Old 25th Nov 2004 at 6:55 AM
Thanks Rosco! Now everyone can see the difference I was talking about.
Test Subject
#33 Old 25th Nov 2004 at 6:59 AM
Claw made one on 8ds an Tsr has on too..I beleave
Original Poster
#34 Old 25th Nov 2004 at 7:17 AM
I hope it's not out of place, but I made a boy's briefs and uploaded it to The Sims 2 Exchange. I hoped to use it to make jammers for swimming but my stylus is broken and I haven't had any time for the game.

But you can find the file at my MySims page at http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=14391
Test Subject
#35 Old 25th Nov 2004 at 7:28 AM
but HOW are they doing it??
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 25th Nov 2004 at 7:38 AM
All I know is that there was something just like this included in one of the exclusive Body Shop packages. There was a main Body Shop package, one that could be found exclusively at Gamespy/Fileplanet/whatever and one exclusive to GameSpot. I figure Maxis gave them these. Anyway, I had an account at GameSpot, but was never able to successfully get their package to download.
Test Subject
#37 Old 25th Nov 2004 at 7:41 AM
How are they doing what? Using that mesh?

No idea how they got it to show up, never could get several different sets of skins to show up in my Sims 2 game, of course including the Gamespot ones... or whatever the site is called, slips my memory all the time.

Anyway, most people just do simple, and generally boring, texture editing. At least on that mesh. Not much else it can work for, tell the truth, besides an amazon or an elf or warrior or whatever.

You really wouldn't think editing and adding new meshes would be a big deal. Part of what was fun in the Sims.

Seems like it should be easier, almost... Edit one modle to change all the swimsuits, 2 to change all the pajamas, a bunch to change all the normal cloths, several to change formal, 1 or 2 to change underwear, 1 to change athletic wear... That is, for each sex, age, ect, ect... Not having any 3D editing talents of my own to start with, I'm just going to assume someone else figures it out.
Banned
#38 Old 25th Nov 2004 at 1:55 PM
is it a new mesh or not. has anyone confirmed it?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#39 Old 25th Nov 2004 at 2:18 PM
No, it's not. It's included in the game but it's locked.

The current way meshes and skins interact is pretty complex - I wouldn't have done it that way at all

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Banned
#40 Old 25th Nov 2004 at 2:27 PM
how do you unlock it?
Test Subject
#41 Old 29th Nov 2004 at 12:57 AM
could someone please tell me where the file is at gamespot?
Original Poster
#42 Old 29th Nov 2004 at 1:07 AM
hey if anyone figures out how to get to that mesh let me know. i would be very interested in creating skins for it if possible.
Test Subject
#43 Old 29th Nov 2004 at 1:17 AM
same here! i have looked *everywhere* for that file
Test Subject
#44 Old 29th Nov 2004 at 1:31 AM
The mesh and skin are in the game already. You can access them in CAS in debug mode!

IYAOYAS
Banned
#45 Old 29th Nov 2004 at 2:05 AM
what the hell is cas?
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 29th Nov 2004 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blade
what the hell is cas?

[color=red]C[/color]reate [color=red]A[/color] [color=red]S[/color]im

or CAS for short.
Test Subject
#47 Old 29th Nov 2004 at 3:41 AM
is create-a-sim bodyshop, or the actual place in TS2 where you create sims? sorry if this all sound stupid, but also how do you get into debug mode?
Test Subject
#48 Old 29th Nov 2004 at 4:03 AM
Cas is in the game
Test Subject
#49 Old 29th Nov 2004 at 4:08 AM
thanx! but whats the cheat for debug? do you just type debug in the cheat window?
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 29th Nov 2004 at 5:35 AM
I don't know if giving the debug code to people that don't even know what CAS is; is a good idea, but here you go. boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true then click the zoom button in CAS, then shift + n. Debug mode turns on. Remember, if you mess up anything using it, it is your problem, not ours or Maxis. You have been officially warned by a member of the admin team here at MTS2, and Maxis has already stated they will give no support to people using debug mode.

DarkFate – Moderator.
Page 2 of 4