Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Boromir

by jmtmom Posted 6th Apr 2006 at 6:12 AM - Updated 16th May 2007 at 2:10 PM by jmtmom

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts
Forum Resident
#2 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 6:52 PM Last edited by Miien : 7th Apr 2006 at 1:20 PM.
Hi, I noticed you used my robe. Glad you like it. It doesn't need University, since it's a custom Mesh by the Magic Modders. The Sim you made is quite cute, but I don't think he really looks like Boromir, unless it's your interpretation of Boromoir, then we can't argue
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 7:01 PM Last edited by jmtmom : 6th Apr 2006 at 9:27 PM.
Thanks for letting me know that uni isn't needed. He is too good-looking really, but it's all interpretation. : : I was reading LOTR while Peter Jackson was in diapers (I'm positively ancient) . :skull: I think Sean Bean was wonderful in the movie, but trying to make sims look like real live people is not something I can do.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 11:25 PM
Thanks for creating him! Boromir is one of the most underrated and overlooked characters in the films and books.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 12:04 AM
WoW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :baloons:
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 3:21 AM
Hmmm... Like Miien all ready said, he really doesn't look Boromir too much, but then again "my" Boromir is based on what I imagined while reading LOTR, so can't ask you go into my head. This Boromir is really good looking though, thank's for makin him.
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 3:29 AM
Nice work, he looks a little effeminate though..
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 7:59 PM
It very nice but it seems that it requires Open For Business couse I don't have it installed and Boromir won't install himself.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 8:52 PM
Sheezzelle,

Did you install him with Clean Installer? It's my understanding that will work. If it doesn't, let me know. The link is here: http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 7:42 PM
It still doesn't. And few others from this site too.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sheezzelle
It still doesn't. And few others from this site too.

First, are you sure you downloaded the required meshes?

If you have then maybe you could deselect some of the content with Clean installer, and see if he shows up in maxis defaults. If you de-select the hair, you'll have to make sure and fix him in body shop or you'll wind up with a sim with a hole in it's head.

I'm not much of an expert, but this is what I found so far to help.

http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=70566
http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=239

Hope it helps. Sorry it's not working for you.
Scholar
#12 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 3:10 AM
I'll just make some adjusts to make a not-so-beautiful face, but maybe you inspired on the book, then he really looks like the son of a King (Even when Denethor was just a Steward to the throne)
Instructor
#13 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 2:57 AM
Yay, LotR stuff, thank you! And I'm very glad that you managed to include most of the custom content; on the danger of being ungrateful: hunting down meshes tends to take time.

I'm looking very forward to trying this one out, thanks again for creating this!