Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 10:07 AM
I'm so happy you're doing more skins in realistic tones. Besides default replacements colours, I would also like to see a range of Asian tones and a range of browns. Most brown skins seem to be quite dark, and tans reddish - I'm looking for skins that look like coffee with varying levels of cream in. Some of my sims are modeled on ethnicities that don't look right with reddish skin.

I'm not interested in having piercings, jewelry, or tattoos on the skins themselves. It's annoying that body or clothing skins are the only way sims can currently have these on their bodies, but it really annoys me when a skin has these details - it means that EVERY sim I make with that skin will have to have them, and I find that pretty silly. I never use a skin for just one sim.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 11:40 AM
True, but what about those of us that dont' want pubic hair on our sims? What if she did put pubic hair, and I thought it was too much? What if my Sim shaves it? Most girls nowadays do, or at least trim. Even if a girl doesn't shave it, some girls have more hair than others...

Finally, I am not 100% sure, but I beleive she has already said she is not going to do pubic hair, so really discussing it is moot...

Actually, it's a lot like what Renatus said... if you make the skintone have pubic hair, then it's like the jewelry... ALL your Sims have it... exactly the same... darned if you do, darned if you don't, basically.
Test Subject
#53 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 2:29 PM
I'm so glad that the defaults your making will be like the maxis shades with your unique edge to them. I did have your other skins as defaults, but it looked a little out of place.

I was wondering if you will be making a grey color for the eyes. I want to make your eyes my defaults, but I was wanting the grey instead of replacing it with the lavender colored eye.

As to the tatoo/peircing skin, I can honestly say that I can do without it. Having a population of sims with the same tatoo is a bit odd. And its even stranger when all the children have the same ones as teens. Now, if their was a way to make it like the face paint, that could be cool. Like a collarbone or upperback one, if that's even possible with the face paint, I know it would be with the glasses but that would come off. Ah, I'm rambling....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 2:43 PM
I'll go ahead and make an entire set for new eyes that match the original maxis tones, if you'd like. It's not a whole lot of work for me - and I would like them for my own sims as well

The replacement skins are done now! I'm just waiting for help to make them into real default replacements. Once that is done, I'll upload them. And after that, the set that includes Opaline and the asian skin (I think I called it Sweet Gold or something, heh). I'm not entirely sure what I'll make the third skin of that collection.

Should I just go ahead and release Opaline and the other one right away?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 2:44 PM
Oh, and as for the hair bit - like I said, I'm not going there. I see that bit of my Sims seldom enough for it to matter to me, and like I said, I really don't like the look of skins that have it. I guess I can't please everyone, huh? :D
Field Researcher
#56 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enayla
The replacement skins are done now! I'm just waiting for help to make them into real default replacements.

Should I just go ahead and release Opaline and the other one right away?

see PM about the defaults

and yes PLEASE release Opaline and the other one ASAP!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 5:13 PM
First, let me say I appreciate your work and the fact you even bothered to get our input on your creations.

My request, like others on here I've read, are for more realistic brown skintones. So many African skintones are made so dark or either have a glow on the face that makes them look like they just rolled around in baby oil. I see where you did a pale collection previously. Many people on these boards may prefer light and fantasy tones, but there are a great number of us who would love realistic cappucino, mocha, coffee, copper, and honey tones to reflect African and Latino ancestry.

Thanks Enayla. Once again, you're the bomb! :salute:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 11:31 PM
Yeah, I'm definitely planning to do a dark collection :] It's just that they're much harder to do - which is the only reason to why I'm putting it off until I know how to do this well enough.

The problem with painting them darker is that the template that I originally painted, is very pale. For me to do dark tones, I'll have to repaint almost the entire template to get rid of the pixellation that occurs with darkening it down. I recently did the dark skin for my default replacement set - and it was SO difficult. It convinced me that I need to sit down and do a 'dark skin template' to avoid the work, and it was lots of work, that I had to go through to get it right.

Hehe, also, I am very pale myself: to get darker skins to look good, I'm going to have to study a little bit. I'm thinking of repainting the face a little the way I did with my asian skintone we'll see what I'll do, I can't start on it until next week though.

I'll go fix snapshots of my other two skins for now, and upload them
Field Researcher
#59 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enayla
I'll go fix snapshots of my other two skins for now, and upload them

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for doing this all. What I mean is, thank you for taking the time to make these skins (all of them) and then taking the time to upload them and share them with us! As a sort of artist, I know the feeling you must get by seeing the reactions people have to your things. It is so gratifying to see your things being used and people loving them isn't it?

† mom, July 8, 2006 †
Instructor
#60 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 9:37 PM
please make skins with correct parts for both genders.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#61 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 10:22 PM
Simfan, please read the thread - I won't be doing genetically correct skins.
#62 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 4:22 AM
(())
//\\
Field Researcher
#63 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 11:48 AM
I LOVE your skins as they are. I wouldnt like tatto's or piercings to be attached to the skins ... just always seems 'odd' that they should be genitic!! lol, but pehaps as a costume paint if that can be added to other areas than the face? I dont know
As to the people that are asking for correct bellow the waist.... On this forum there is a mod by Crammboy in the addult section that gives the boys the correct parts down there, and ive also seen something similer for women ( by mathman I think) ... if your old enough & it really botheres you, go take a look for them
Test Subject
#64 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 5:09 PM
Something that's not exactly a skin but would be really cool would be recolors of Loius' elf ears to match some of your skintones. Maybe for the midnight tone and a light tone to use for dark and regular elves.
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#65 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 5:24 PM
If you pick a head with the elf ears, you can then select any skintone you want, and alter the facial features after you have the ears. You don't need any special skintones for that!

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Test Subject
#66 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 7:17 AM
i love your skins, what i would like to see is more pale/pinkish skins. also a skintone that is completely freckled would be nice as well. anyways keep up the great work.
Forum Resident
#67 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 2:20 PM Last edited by jmtmom : 18th Feb 2006 at 7:56 PM.
The elf ears that I think missygjo is talking about are not the bodyshop ears. They are an accessory. Here's an example:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...highlight=pixie

I'd love to have these too, especially on the opaline, fae, jade and midnight blue skintones.

Edited to add: Kitiara did a set for the default replacement set here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=131096

and here are some more:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=132208
Test Subject
#68 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 6:20 PM
skintone ideas
:wave: what about blue alien skintones :wave:

sky blue :nod:
light blue :nod:
blue :nod:
dark blue :nod:
and any other shade of blue :nod:
Test Subject
#69 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 8:09 PM
here is a site u might be interested in... its a foto shop tutorial about how to make
a girls face SKIN look like a zombie

http://www.graphics.com/modules.php...ticle&artid=177

i hope that link works... ill try. then maybe post a fix
Test Subject
#70 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 8:10 PM
ok that link is good as far as i know.. it takes me right to the page.. instant access...
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 5:51 PM
I'd like to see a detailed belly button. So many style for teens and adults shows the bellybutton, that it would be worth it.

I've already gotten rid of all my other skins. I am now using only your skins. I rather keep to the same style, otherwise my sims look funny standing next to each other.

I've figured out how to modify the skins so that act genetically like a Maxis skin and blend correctly. For example if you breed a dark skin to a light skin, you might get something in the middle. If you don't modify the skins, you can only get an offspring that's either dark or light, no in between.
Test Subject
#72 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 12:28 PM
First of all, your skins are amazing, so thank you for sharing them with us.

And as to skintones I'd like to see, I want to 3rd or 4th the suggestion for full body freckles. And for more dark browns/coffee coloured skins.

I'm not interested in genetic piercings or tattoos, but perhaps there are other skin traits that would be passed on through generations. (I'm drawing a blank, but others may know of some.)
Theorist
#73 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 1:15 PM
I just want to say I really like your skin tones very much!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 8:59 PM Last edited by Aya : 18th Feb 2006 at 9:27 PM.
I'm also up for the freckled skintone idea.

I just want to say thanks for making the males non-hairy! :salute:
I also like my boys with little or no body hair. Finally someone else who feels the same way!
Test Subject
#75 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 9:14 PM
Wow, you work ist amazing! I love your Skintones, because they are so unusual. They are very realistic and still look good next to my other skintones (I use to change the face a little bit for my own use...)
I think it's better, if there's no pubic hair, so you can add it as "clothes" and not ALL the sims have it, I like them better without it...
Also the brows... I don't like skintones with eyebrows included.
The only things I don't like too much, are the knees of your skintones, they are a bit too accentuated, if you know what I mean... But i can work on this I think... ^^
Keep op your work, I'm ready to download all skintones you create!
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Enough suggestions to last any creator a lifetime. ;)
Page 3 of 4