Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #15: CAS Micro Spot

by Numenor Posted 20th Jan 2006 at 2:14 AM - Updated 20th Oct 2008 at 2:35 PM by Delphy

54 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 2:16 AM
Oh wow! This is awsome thanks sooo much :jig: Greatly appreciated !!

Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside. - Stewie (Family Guy)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 2:17 AM
Again, I have to say nice job, Numenor! Thank you very much! Is there no end to these hidden objects? I certainly hope not! Keep up the good work!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 2:23 AM
Thanks! These lamps are great for coffee shops and bars.

Julie =)

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." - 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 2:32 AM
Thats fantastic!Thanks so much!

Visit here for free walls, floors, terrains, houses, community lots, clothes, and objects!
Sterling SIms2
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 2:32 AM
oh these are my favorite type of pendant lights!!! thanks Numenor!

DDO
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 2:39 AM
Oh, very cool. I always thought it'd be a nice idea to have the lights from that... Thank you!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 2:42 AM
Wow. The number of hidden objects that you keep pulling out never ceases to amaze me... thanks Numenor!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 2:54 AM
I say this every time, but I love 'em! I hope you keep finding more. (But I think the best one so far was the Morty and Bella snowglobe.)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 3:41 AM
Very cool, thanks so much Numenor.
Test Subject
#11 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 3:48 AM
Very nice. Thanks.

just when you think....you forget
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 4:45 AM
Oh thankyou!! I've been wishing i had these for ages to put over my pool table. Thankyou very much oh wonderful creator.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 4:46 AM
Thanks! I like these :-)
Inventor
#14 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 4:48 AM
So many hidden objects! Thank you for finding them

This lamp is very modern and stylish!

Visit my site: www.simkot.com
Instructor
#15 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 4:54 AM
This is awesome!!! I love 'hidden' things. hehe..

Mr.Me I LOVE your avatar.
band rules
Field Researcher
#16 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 5:12 AM
Those are the best ceiling lights Maxis made for the original game... LOL!

Thanks for making them usable!

TSR Featured Artist
Monster Party Sims2... ITS ALIVE! :D

You may recolor my object meshes here on MTS2, but do not redistribute the meshes.
Link people here to MTS2 to get them. Objects can only be available in lots submitted to MTS2.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 5:33 AM
Awesome, thanks!

~*silvercat2017*~

Visit my fansite! http://silversims.tripod.com

Check out my clothing creations on the exchange!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 5:39 AM
OMG, I was looking for something like this. Thankfully I don't have to now. Thanks, Numenor.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 6:47 AM
neat thanks once again numenor :D
Field Researcher
#20 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 8:44 AM
Wow! Great work!

see all my creations
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 10:03 AM
Thank you Numenor for this nice light. I have a question is there a special lightning file needet for nightlife similar to the other lamp you have done ?
In my Game it gives not mutch light. Only Objects reflect not the Floor or Walls.

See Screenshot.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 12:49 PM
Awesome, you can never have too many pendant lights. Thanks
Forum Resident
#23 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 1:54 PM
Very cool. This is one object that I was looking forward to the day it was "found." Thanks.

Like Pitch Black and CoR?
Visit GM_Andy's. My Home on the Web! My Sims2 stuff and files I'm caretaker of can be found here

Need a way to open that .rar file? Use the Sims2 File Maid.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 3:09 PM
wow another lost and found! and it's relly a good lamp... what's happening in maxis that they forget to put objects in the catalog??
thanks again hoho :D

Adicta a los Sims xD (parece que no soy la unica!!:P)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Havelock
Thank you Numenor for this nice light. I have a question is there a special lightning file needet for nightlife similar to the other lamp you have done ?
In my Game it gives not mutch light. Only Objects reflect not the Floor or Walls.

See Screenshot.

I've checked, and you are absolutely right: this lamp is built to cast a light that is reflected only by objects, not floors and wall.
I didn't noticed this before you pointed it out; actually, I didn't even checked, because I haven't edited or changed anything in the lamp behaviour. Maxis designed it this way, and actually I can see a reason: it's a "spot light", i.e. it should enlight only a small area underneath it, not the whole room.
Since it's a "Maxis Lost & Found", in my opinion this object should be left as Maxis created it.

But if you, or other users like it, I can create a separate light definition to be put in the CEP3_CustomLights folder. Better: I'll do it in any case, and people will choose whether to install it (and have the reflections on the walls too) or not.

Thanks for reporting!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Page 1 of 3