Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 12:14 AM
Hello, I'm so very glad that this site exists. I have no money at the moment, but I do regularly click the ads. Maybe a reminder to people that clicking the ads helps make money for the site. Maybe a few more at the bottom of the main page too? Also check out googles ad sense program (www.google.com/adsense) I believe the firefox ad generates either a dollar per click or per download. I'm not 100% sure which. Good luck and thank you!!!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
MTS2 will become a paysite over my dead body. :D

Geez Delphy, with that attitude I may have to donate. ;D

Sotalia
Test Subject
#28 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 12:37 AM
I would hope this site stays free to current members, but has a future registration fee or something... itd make money and no guests... lol.... and id still be in free!
Field Researcher
#29 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 1:17 AM
that is fine wiht me too ..im a member and i love this site and i cant think of one reason why anyone would be upset at having to become an member with all your great links, great downloads, and great fellowship (people) to boot
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#30 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 1:38 AM Last edited by Delphy : 13th Dec 2005 at 2:08 AM.
tigger,

The site costs are $1500 a month. All the servers are on the About page.

I haven't updated the donation details page in a while though... I must do that...

SimVeggie,

See the front page and the top of every page. Google ads.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimVeggie
Hello, I'm so very glad that this site exists. I have no money at the moment, but I do regularly click the ads. Maybe a reminder to people that clicking the ads helps make money for the site. Maybe a few more at the bottom of the main page too? Also check out googles ad sense program (www.google.com/adsense) I believe the firefox ad generates either a dollar per click or per download. I'm not 100% sure which. Good luck and thank you!!!

Can you believe I didn't know that? I never really paid much attention to anything above the word Downloads before. I think I am going to be clicking away from now on. $1500!!! Wow! :insane:
Field Researcher
#32 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by loveangelmusicbaby
From Delphy's dead body to bras... what IS this site coming to? XD

I'd rather see Kathy's bra than Delphy's body
Scholar
#33 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
MTS2 will become a paysite over my dead body. :D

I hope it stays that way! I wish that this site stays free forever. I just hate websites that make you pay lots of money. If I had extra money I will definately donate to this site Because 1,500$ Is a lot of money and to keep it going and is hard work. Delphy You are the man I'm glad you are being kind to people :santa:
Instructor
#34 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 2:48 AM Last edited by Mellisenda : 13th Dec 2005 at 4:14 AM.
Delphy, you already know how I feel. I just want to add some support here, too. This is an awesome forum, and, without you would not exist. I've been surprised all along that you did not require registration for downloading.

I do have one, uh, maybe two, more things to add here, though:

"tiggerypum for President!" You know she's qualified. :D

Also; If Kathy were not so obnoxious, this thread would have stayed on the straight and narrow track. Thank heavens for obnoxious people. I say "Send her back to her own forum where she belongs!"

Melissa
Banned
#35 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 9:48 AM
Quote:
I believe the firefox ad generates either a dollar per click or per download.

Click the ad. Download firefox. Run it once. <== only when all 3 are done does the site get $1.

Of course you should only download and install if you are serious about trying it. Though I think everyone should be because it's good.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 11:39 AM
I think it's completely rational to be registered here and I hope MTS2 never becomes a paysite. I've recently spent a small amount of money on one of those and can honestly say I've gotten better downloads here for free. Never again! I'd rather give a gratuitous donation right here. ;-)

*Learn everything about something..and something about everything.* :)
Field Researcher
#37 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 11:47 AM
-gasps-
i thought everyone had accounts!

It takes more time to TyPe LyK dIs than it does to type like this.
Test Subject
#38 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 12:00 PM
i registered just so i could thank the creators.. then to think aboutit i dont think i have.. lol oops..
Field Researcher
#39 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 2:14 PM
No offence - but I don't know what self-respecting Sims 2 fan wouldn't want to register here? If you love your sims this is like 'the' place for your downloads. I couldn't imagine having sims and not having access to this place, its almost sacrelige. Besides that, registering is hardly a fuss and the least we downloaders can do. People who mooch off sites and lurk in the shadows without giving feedback or even thanks for their free gifts is an insult to the wonderful talented creators here, as well as to the community as a whole. I'm surprised this hasn't been done sooner. Good move I say.
Test Subject
#40 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by just kathy
Delphy is now dead......Welcome to MTS2 Pay. It will cost you 12.5 million to continue downloading from here. Please submit all payments to me erm I mean the site as soon as possible.

hmmm...i smell something rotten brewing here hey just kathy, when you get rich from mts2, are u gonna share your fortunes with us lolol

Come Meet my personal hero
http://angels-n-miracles4jessica.com
The story of my daughter Jessica's battle with cancer at 7 months of age.....Given 30% chance of survival of Stage IV Neuroblastoma(A childhood Cancer) and just celebrated her 7th year of Remission!!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 4:16 PM
Ok, now I've become a member, allright? Now, to downoad some sims!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 4:18 PM
Hey, it worked! Coooooool!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 4:56 PM
Er...I cannot download anything at all now
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 5:06 PM
I think this is a good idea.

What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 5:39 PM
Thank you Delphy for letting us have free download.
Test Subject
#46 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 5:40 PM Last edited by X-Odox : 13th Dec 2005 at 5:47 PM.
Sorry Delphy :sorry: .
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#47 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 5:43 PM
X-Odox,

Please read post #5 in this thread.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#48 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 6:13 PM
Hi all! I'm new to this MTS2 and just wanted to say I automatically joined up because that's what I thought you had to do as well. Just wanted to say that this is a great place and I hope to be around more often.
Test Subject
#49 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 6:33 PM
I think that registering for download files is fair and that's good idea

Big D Good work
Test Subject
#50 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 7:21 PM
seems like a good idea to me.i thought you had to register before.glad it will still be free keep up the hard work and thank you for all the hard work.

meet my niece ella clare my (av) she was born on december 3rd 05. if you love the sims then you'll go crazy over this gopets
Page 2 of 10