Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 10:42 PM
Default Making "Caregiver" optional for Parents
I'm working on two mods right now, though one is broken thanks to the Seasons Patch and won't be available for testing here (Bad Parent Trait). However, this little mod still appears to work even after the patch. I wouldn't mind having some feedback on how it is functioning, and if there are any errors flagging up from it (please try to isolate the error-code in your lastexception file, it should have my name in the .package that causes the error!)
Right now this little patch does the following:

1. Sim Parents can opt-out of being the assigned Caregiver of their toddlers and babies. You must first enter the Toddler Care pie menu, select "Adopt as Caregiver", let the notification pop up saying your sim is their caregiver, then go back into the pie-menu and click "Remove Care Dependant" in the Toddler Care menu. I cannot get the Caregiver flag to vanish automatically yet, the game updated mid-way through my work and now Sims4Studio isn't functioning, however the mod does appear to work albeit some minor effort being needed on game-load. After doing this add/remove caregiver role once you should not have to do it again for that toddler.
2. Sims with the Hates Children trait will now get the same negative moodlets from their own children, just like they do from other Sims kids. (The fact this wasn't in the original Trait really made no sense at all.)

I plan on reducing the relationship rating from born babies from +50 (default EA) to 0, as it makes no sense to have any relationship buffs of any kind with a new baby unless they have a specific trait (+50 should be for Family orientated, and -50 should be for Hates Children). I want to add the trait-related relationship buffs as an optional version of the mod, and make the default version be 0 relationship between both parents and baby.
For a more extreme "bad parent" mod, I am working on several traits to cover different types of bad parents, to provide a polar opposite to the Family Orientated Trait. There is no neglect here, just Sims who never wanted children ending up hating their own, or getting ashamed by looking at them. This mod will tie-in with this patch, but because Ea's Seasons patch broke the trait I cannot put it up for testing yet. For now, the little patch is all I have, but I could use some help testing it.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  badparent-noautocaregiver.rar (5.9 KB, 134 downloads) - View custom content