Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 10:07 AM
Default Possible to make this a seamless pattern for Sims 3?
I was *trying* to work on a pattern/wallpaper project with a fellow simmer, and I'm having a problem with this pattern. It is seamless as how it is shown, but can it be made into a pattern for the Sims 3 game? I am having a super hard time finding a section that would repeat to be able to make it into a pattern/wallpaper, but I can't find one. I've looked for hours and I just can't do it. I've asked on Yahoo Answers, and someone said this pattern doesn't have an area on it to select to make into a pattern. Is that true? Can someone try it and see if they can find a section that would make the pattern into a pattern for the Sims 3 game, b/c I can't find one at all

Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 10:22 AM
Sure, you can. The main problem there is that the pattern is skewed.

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...10111840Pic.jpg

Outlined is a full repeat, but it's not square, and the lines are all diagonal.

Probably with this pattern, the easiest would be to carefully select each element separately and copypaste them into a new document and arrange them so that the pattern is square/unskewed, and then add the cute dots to the background. Basically the same as the "Alternate Technique" explained here: http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...amless_Textures

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 10:28 AM
Thanks HP. Wow, your eyes are REALLY good. I spent all day trying to work with this pattern and I could have pulled my hair out! You saw the pattern quickly and I really appreciate it. I will work with your pic and hopefully eveything will turn out fine b/c I really love this pattern. Thanks again!