Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#51 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 8:56 AM
As you can see, that file isn't marked as read-only, so it looks like the game should be able to write to that correctly.

Next test- can the game write to a brand- new Sims 2 folder?

Try what I suggested in post #25- drag Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 to the desktop and run the game so that a new Sims 2 folder is created. Enter one of the EA neighbourhoods (or create a new one, if you are using empty templates). Take a screenshot. Can you make a neighbourhood story? Can you make a sim and enter a lot and make a story for that family?
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#52 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 3:06 PM
Ok I will try that. It will be later on.

Also, the photo organizer program can't read those pictures either... But just in my main folder.

Question: if my camera and video don't work in ANY folder, why would it in a new one? Do you think it's mod conflict?

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#53 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 5:27 PM
If it were a mod conflict, pulling your downloads folder would reveal it. No, testing with brand-new data is how you eliminate the possibility that your entire Sims2 folder is corrupted in some way.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#54 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 4:56 AM
Ok. I loaded up a brand new folder.

This is what I got.

Now even in my main folder where the malfunctions are happening, I still have the original Maxis hood pictures. I don't even have those here.

Guys...what's wrong with my computer?
Screenshots

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#55 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 7:42 AM
Okay, let's do a test. Can you attach the N002_Neighborhood.png and the N002_Neighborhood.reia files from the newly generated Strangetown to a post? They should be in Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N002.

That way, one of us can generate a fresh Strangetown and put your image files in there, to see if they are working right for us.

The storytelling files are in the Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Storytelling folder, but you'd have to zip the whole thing up for us to test that.
Scholar
Original Poster
#56 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 4:20 PM
I put it ALL in there, except lots and characters since I didn't touch anything. I did attach Bluewater to it, so I hope that doesn't mess with you...So I left out the suburb files.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Strangetown storytelling files.zip (4.17 MB, 6 downloads) - View custom content

Scholar
Original Poster
#57 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 1:18 AM
Okay, extra clues: My main folder can't generate NEW Hood pictures. ex: I made a new Hood and attached subhoods I have used before. Sedona for example shows its Hood photo for Strangetown but not for my newest Hood.

The old ones are still there. Storytelling in all households are empty, though. Which is even more confusing. This is very perplexing since this problem did not trickle down to my Fury and Vanilla folders...

It's gotta be the anti virus...it's the only new thing I've done...

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#58 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 1:54 AM
Most likely?

Can you disable it while playing the game?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#59 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 3:47 AM
I had an antivirus that 'ate'sims babies, well made them vanish, so it could be that. I had to play with mine turned off until I could get a new one. Turn it off, take some pictures and see if they are still there later.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#60 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 4:24 AM
How do you turn it off?

Mad Poster
#61 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 4:42 AM
You may also be able to whitelist all Sims2 files.
There ought to be a manual or something that came with the software, telling you how to deactivate it, whitelist things, etc. The precise procedures probably vary from program to program.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#62 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 5:09 AM
To turn it off you should probably be able to click the program and go into settings or try right clicking it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#63 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 3:06 AM
*bangs head against keyboard*

Ok. I disabled my anti virus.

I can take pictures in game now. And they show up in Storytelling! Woo!

...But for videos I got all of this...

When I set it to any other quality and record the message in pic 2 comes up.

Aaaaaand pic 3 is what happens if I wanna play those videos on my comp. (All my other videos play normally)

Screenshots

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#64 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 3:42 AM
Well, at least that's progress. What AV are you using btw?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
Original Poster
#65 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 3:45 AM Last edited by DezzyBoo : 20th Dec 2017 at 4:06 AM.
AVG: Free Version

Also I am capable of creating new Hood photos now. What has been ruined cannot be fixed, but as least I can generate the photos again.

And if this video thing never gets fixed, at least I can take videos someway in game and correct my graphic malfunctions.

I have a crappy video card so when my graphics go wonky, taking a video in game stops it. Helpful tip for anyone else that suffers like I do.

Scholar
Original Poster
#66 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 3:38 AM
Well it would appear the damage is permanent. Several pictures have been wiped and there is nothing I can do. Even when I turn my AV off, they do not come back.

Be that as it may, I would say this is solved now. It was my AV and I have most of my functions back. Thanks guys

Page 3 of 3