Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 4:08 PM
Default $Me Problems
I understand that the $Me variable is Pertaining to the current object in use. well I’ve created a dialog with this variable intact and placed it in side of the bhav function main inside of a loop that every hour this dialog would pop up. but every time I run the code I get the string name of the object that im using and not the sim. I’ve even tried creating a stack object attribute called owner and placing my 0x000B id in it and storing it in a local variable and changing the $Me in the dialog to To a $Local but every time I run the code I get the id number of my sim and not the name. how can I change this to where I get the name and not the number?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 4:13 PM
the main has the object as executer. If you want to post a sim's name, you have to put him on the stack before posting the dialog and returning some name variable I don't remember. The different text variables are here somewhere.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 7:24 PM
do you know what thread i could find them in or the name of the person who started the thread
Forum Resident
#4 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 8:36 PM Last edited by Fat D : 26th Apr 2006 at 8:44 PM.
most information has been contributed by Inge Jones.

It was made by Giles1991, http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=140309
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 9:12 PM
Thank you Fat D For your help
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Apr 2006 at 10:35 AM
Jon - Like I said in the first post you made about string includes, $Me prints the name of the stack owner. If you run it from inside an interaction, it'll print the sim's name. Inside function main, it will print the object's name. Basically, the catalogue name of whichever object "Me" is when it is called.

If you want to print out a sim's name from within an object's main function, you need the sim's Neighbour ID stored in the stack object. Then just use $Neighbor in your string.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Apr 2006 at 5:12 PM
thanks echo