Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 4:14 AM
Default mods
Is there anyway to bring back the old mods to the latest patch?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 7:31 AM Last edited by igazor : 24th Mar 2019 at 11:30 AM.
It depends on the kind of mod, what it is that the later patches broke about it, and who its developer is/was.

Tuning mods that become outdated can, in many cases, be updated to account for patch differences by someone who really knows what they are doing. Script and Core Mods are compiled code that generally only their creator has access to. They would have to be willing and able to update those, not have dropped out along the way like so many have over the years, and such an update would have to be possible -- in some cases new or changed features of the game make what the mods were doing obsolete or undefined.

Custom Content items that are not really mods but objects and CAS parts don't tend to go bad from the patch levels increasing, except for those from so long ago that they pre-date Pets and its patch, and need to be rig-fixed or else their slots are all in the wrong places. I guess there could be a few other examples where this might happen but can't think of any offhand.

So what kinds of mods are we talking about? Perhaps someone else has come out with something almost as good or better since then?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 1:20 PM
the gem storage I like to see updated
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 9:20 PM
Does this one not work, or are we talking about something else?
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=407111
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 12:18 AM
that is the one I am talking about the one I am talking about is like a tall single bookshelf
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 8:39 AM
I think we might need more information like a link to the older mod (if it's still available) or who its developer was.
dodgy builder
#7 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 9:21 AM
Each modder is responsible for their own mod so asking in the discussion forum might not work. If the modder hasn't been around for a while requesting someone to make one isn't allowed on mts ... except in 1 thread I don't know much about.

If the mod isn't even on mts asking this sort of question here is ... For short you need to get in touch with the person who made the mod, or ask for a new one somewhere else. You could also learn how to make mods yourself of course.

I get the impression your native language isn't English. If I'm right, most languages has their own community on the internet. Googling might help.

I'm also a bit puzzled. Is this ts3 or 4, because the latest patch for 3 must have been ages ago.
Site Helper
#8 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 2:27 PM
If it's this one, it's as updated as it needs to be. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=432534
It does work with 1.67, with the caveat that (as is stated in the description) you cannot place two gems directly next to each other, because they have footprints which are larger than the space available. But it really does hold 33 gems if you are careful how you load the shelf.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 4:41 PM
In case what was meant by "the latest patch" was 1.69, that one did not change the game files in any way except for their internal build numbers. It only changed the way in which the game starts up. Other than Core Mods, of which there are only six in popular usage and all but one of them have 1.69 variants already produced, if a mod works/doesn't work on 1.67 then it will work/not work on 1.69 just the same. I've never noticed any trouble with Lisen801's shelf objects on either patch level.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
If it's this one, it's as updated as it needs to be. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=432534
It does work with 1.67, with the caveat that (as is stated in the description) you cannot place two gems directly next to each other, because they have footprints which are larger than the space available. But it really does hold 33 gems if you are careful how you load the shelf.

yes those are the ones. BTW yes you can cause I have done it before.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 3:46 AM
If those cases can't be updated is it possible for a modder to make new ones?
dodgy builder
#12 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 8:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rojan
If those cases can't be updated is it possible for a modder to make new ones?

What is the problem with the shelfs as is? If you have problems, posting in the comment section of the download might lead to something. Lisen801 doesn't seem to be mia.

As I said requests like that is not allowed.