Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2018 at 6:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Lots and families have disappeared after putting neighborhoods back in folder
I took out my Strangetown and Pleasantview and placed them in a different folder and have recently put them back in the Neighborhood folder but they are missing lots and families are too, I also made custom neigborhoods which took the names of them but i removed them when putting Strangetown and Pleasantview back in game.

I have no idea what i have done for this to happen i have never been in these hoods before but today when wanting to play in them they were missing lots and families. If you know what is wrong please reply.

Sometimes I feel like one of the unborn Ottomas twins.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th May 2018 at 2:57 PM
i'd say they are corrupted;download clean ones such as meetmetotheriver's or dread pirates from tumblr.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th May 2018 at 3:18 PM
You haven't necessarily done anything. All the base game lots ship corrupted, and if you never played them, you hardly had any opportunity to break them further. And removing the custom neighborhoods with the same number rather than overwriting them was the correct thing to do.

You should check to make sure that your anti-virus whitelists all your game files (or turn off your anti-virus when playing), as a precaution.

If you install cleaned hoods and this happens again, let us know and we'll figure something out.

If you don't want to use the cleaned hoods, you can always reset your Maxis neighborhoods by renaming your The Sims 2 folder and loading the game. The game will regenerate a new The Sims 2 folder, including all the hoods. Copy the ones you want into your renamed folder, delete the new one, change the name back on the old one, and you've got them.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th May 2018 at 4:59 PM
Did you move out the new ones and move in the old ones, or did you let the folders overwrite? If the folders overwrite, you'll mix old and new files, and the neighborhoods most likely will get corrupted.