Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 8:56 PM Last edited by AGkittie : 30th Jan 2023 at 2:49 PM.
Default The Completionist Lepacy challenge
The Sims 3 Completionist Lepacy Challenge

I made this challenge because I wanted to experience everything in the game, so this challenge was born!
You do not have to do everything I have listed in the challenge, so don't worry if you don't want to do everything. It's more of a list of everything that came in the packs, so you can do as many new things as you'd like.
I appreciate constructive criticism, and please tell me if I forgot or messed up anything. I've tried to be as thorough as possible while researching the packs, but I'm only human.

(Setup)

Download and use Sim Game Selector to remove any packs. (It doesn't work on mac.)
https://modthesims.info/d/499140/si...stuff-quot.html

Create your starting founder.

You can move them into any lot you like.
You can also move around as much as you like throughout the legacy.

(General Rules)

Play Tested
(GENERATION 1)

BASE GAME

Play Tested
(GENERATION 2)
You can now unlock World Adventures.
WORLD ADVENTURES

Play Tested
(GENERATION 3)
You can now unlock High End Loft and Ambitions.
AMBITIONS

Play Tested
(GENERATION 4)
You can now unlock Fast Lane and Late Night.
LATE NIGHT

Play Tested
(GENERATION 5)
You can now unlock Outdoor Living Stuff and Generations.
GENERATIONS

Play Tested
(GENERATION 6)
You can now unlock Town Life Stuff and Pets.
PETS

Play Tested
(GENERATION 7)
You can now unlock Master Suite Stuff and Showtime.
SHOWTIME

(GENERATION 8)
You can now unlock Katy Perry's Sweet Treats Stuff, Diesel Stuff, and Supernatural.
SUPERNATURAL

(GENERATION 9)
You can now install Seasons.
SEASONS

(GENERATION 10)
You can now Unlock the 70's, 80's, and 90's Stuff and University Life.
UNIVERSITY LIFE

(GENERATION 11)
You can now Unlock Island Paradise.
(ISLAND PARADISE)

(GENERATION 12)
You can now Unlock Movie Stuff and Into The Future.
INTO THE FUTURE

You Have now Completed the Challenge!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Sep 2019 at 7:59 AM
Hi, I would like to know something. Shouldn't we unlock the next pack when your heir turns into a teen? Only so that you can pick a trait and wish for your heir before they age up and begin the challenges. This is one of the best challenges I've done so far. It really made me fall in love with the game all over again and to see how simple it started. I hope to see updates soon.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 6:39 PM
Simmortality is doing something very similar to that on her youtube channel if anyone is interested in watching. Link to the MTS thread
She's very close to starting generation 2 now (World Adventures) and will install WA shortly before the heir ages up.
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 10:46 AM
I'm hoping for a update on this challenge soon. Almost at Gen 4
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 3:58 PM
This looks like something I might want to do! As already mentioned, a great way to remember the basics of the game :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 1:10 PM
Mind if I take over and finish updating this challenge?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 8:43 PM Last edited by AGkittie : 22nd Sep 2020 at 11:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SueSimming
Mind if I take over and finish updating this challenge?

I have now finished writing the challenge, but if you would like to make your own spin on it be my guest.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 8:53 PM
Hi, I would like to know something. Shouldn't we unlock the next pack when your heir turns into a teen? Only so that you can pick a trait and wish for your heir before they age up and begin the challenges. This is one of the best challenges I've done so far. It really made me fall in love with the game all over again and to see how simple it started. I hope to see updates soon.

Yes that would work, whatever seams the easiest for you to do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Outrageous_Vanilla
I really hope that this challenge will be updated soon!

Sorry it took so long, but the challenge is now complete.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 11:04 PM
I'm hoping for a update on this challenge soon. Almost at Gen 4

I am so sorry it took so long but it is completed now.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Oct 2020 at 3:45 AM
So happy to see this has updated!! This looks great!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mccorade
So happy to see this has updated!! This looks great!

I'm sorry it took so long, but I'm back to playing now and will be play testing it as i go.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 3:19 AM
I have been playing this wonderful challenge for a while, having the most fun I've ever had in this game.

I'm with the last pack, ITF, and found a bit of a problem with one of the requirements:

Complete one of the Following Careers
(Astronomer, Bot Arena.)

The rabbit hole buildings for these careers are in Oasis Landing, but because of the mechanics of the game, it's impossible to get a job there, unless you use Nraas Traveler. Another option would be to install the rabbit holes in the home world, which would sort of defeat the purpose of the "future" scenario.

So... I didn't do that one. Instead, I reached level 10 of the self-employed bot-building career, which I was actually able to accomplish in Oasis Landing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 11:53 PM
Thank you for telling me about the jobs. I haven't played that yet and didn't know about it. It's an honor to know that someone would play this challenge at all but especially to the end. Thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 21st Aug 2022 at 5:02 PM
My founder ended up giving birth to 2 humans and 5 ghosts. Well she certainly accomplished the goal of having a ghost baby. Having made the mistake of playing World Adventures with a ghost before, I at least know exactly who my main and secondary heir will be lol.

Out of all the EP legacy rules I've read, your version definitely seems like it will be the most interesting one to play. I love how there's a long list of tasks to complete, some small and some really challenging, so that we end up exploring as much of each expansion pack as possible.