Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 9:02 PM Last edited by ruffdog24 : 16th Mar 2015 at 6:02 PM.
Default EIG issues / CAW corrupt
So I've been working on a world for awhile now, and after I've recently installed a few mods, when I go into EIG it crashes. I tired the alt-tab to exit CAW but that didn't fix the problem. I've also tried EIG in an old world, blank minus a few distance terrains. As well as removing all mods but objects, even completely removed my mods folder and cleared caches and thumbnails. I have windows 7, custom built computer. I have store worlds and store objects, objects from TSR, Nraas mods, and mods and objects from MTS.
I've even enabled LAA, checked the versions which are correct and tried running as Admin.
Have also uninstalled and reinstalled CAW still the same problem. As well as trying a fresh new blank world. And nothing :/
Anyone have a solution or work around?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ruffdog24
So I've been working on a world for awhile now, and after I've recently installed a few mods, when I go into EIG it crashes. I tired the alt-tab to exit CAW but that didn't fix the problem. I've also tried EIG in an old world, blank minus a few distance terrains. As well as removing all mods but objects, even completely removed my mods folder and cleared caches and thumbnails. I have windows 7, custom built computer. I have store worlds and store objects, objects from TSR, Nraas mods, and mods and objects from MTS.
I've even enabled LAA, checked the versions which are correct and tried running as Admin.
Have also uninstalled and reinstalled CAW still the same problem. As well as trying a fresh new blank world. And nothing :/
Anyone have a solution or work around?

I`ve just started a thread with edit in game crashing. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=550597 My problem was a sim model placed in world to determine scale.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 9:26 PM
Ya I read your post. Unfortunately I have yet to add sims to my world. I'm not 100% sure what was wrong with CAW/ EIG but I did a fresh install of both CAW and the game and added a few of my object mods back in and now it works. It seems like whatever I'm working on I get the problems that nobody has heard of or the facepalm (it's so easy to solve) that and when I posted my problem it was the week before finals so I wasn't thinking straight.