Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 2:23 PM
Default Complete edit of your sim in CAS from in Game.
I noticed a lot of people were asking how they can edit their sim from within Sims 3, not only the hair and clothes, but all the facial features.

The quickest way to edit an in-game Sim which includes all facial editing is to press Ctrl Shift C. In the grey bar at the top of Type in 'editsim Joe Soap' (or whatever the person's name is and without the apostrophes) and press enter. Voila, you are back in CAS and can tweak the sim to your heart's content. When you are finished you can press the tick box and voila you are back in the game again with the freshly tweaked sim.

You need awesomemod which you can get here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15185.0.html
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 2:42 PM
Yeah? OK. But you already posted this in the thread that was already about this and your post just repeats what's already been said and resolved. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...43&goto=newpost
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 1:23 PM
Sooooo sorry!!!!! I was only trying to bring it to as many people's attention as possible. Really did not need the sarcastic response.
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 1:33 PM
Thanks for posting this, I would not have seen the other thread. I've been wanting to edit my sim but everything I've read so far said that the cheat code to do it was broken. I gather it works then.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 1:47 PM Last edited by angel f : 19th Jul 2009 at 2:40 PM. Reason: do not bump your threads by posting twice. Instead edit your previous message.
It works really well but you must have awesomemod installed. Happy re-Simming!

Another tip if you can't find or grow the life fruit which I couldn't. My daughter was getting desperate to find a 'cure' for her aging sims and came up with the following bright idea.

If you don't want your adult sims to progress to old age, take them back into CAS using above method. Go into section where you can choose age and make the sim a young adult. You might notice that it says you have lost some traits, just ignore that, remember the missing traits and save your sim to the game.

Check the sim's age which should now be down at 0. If you don't see a change right away, click on any other sim and then click back to your modified sim's age, you should see the change then (an empty age bar).

Go back to CAS with your YA Sim and click on 'Adult'. Allocate the lost traits back to your Sim and return to the game.

Click on the age tab and you will see your Sim has all his/her life left. If he/she has a spouse or partner who is also nearing old age, you need to repeat the process.
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 5:51 AM
Ooo...I know this thread is quite old, but this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Audrey!
Eminence Grise
#7 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 6:52 AM
You no longer need Awesomemod to do this. You can also do it with Twallan's supercomputer mod, which is not a core mod and thus doesn't pose the potential conflicts which Awesomemod does (and isn't quite as high maintenance, either ) If Edit In CAS is all you need, it's probably a better choice. You might want to research the various features of the two mods, anyway, before deciding
Field Researcher
#8 Old 10th May 2010 at 4:01 PM
You can go to a dresser and "bin" the sim from there. then the sim will be in the premade sims list. this is base game and needs no cheats mods ext...

I'd like to build a world, a better world.
Guess I'll start here...
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
You no longer need Awesomemod to do this. You can also do it with Twallan's supercomputer mod, which is not a core mod and thus doesn't pose the potential conflicts which Awesomemod does (and isn't quite as high maintenance, either ) If Edit In CAS is all you need, it's probably a better choice. You might want to research the various features of the two mods, anyway, before deciding

dose
Twallan's supercomputer mod, work with mac because i have Sims 3 Ambitions i want to know how to get that mod to work on my mac i tryed can you send me a mesenge if you know how to do it on a mac i aslo have team viewer on my mac with lets people help with my desktop and flise
transmogrified
retired moderator
#10 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 12:14 AM
nicholas: any .package or Sims3Pack will work on either platform. If you are having trouble getting all cc to show up in your game, please visit the game help section here at MTS (from the top menu Help > Sims 3). If you are merely having problems with one of Twallan's mods, then please seek help at the forum where you downloaded it.
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ashillion
You can go to a dresser and "bin" the sim from there. then the sim will be in the premade sims list. this is base game and needs no cheats mods ext...

wow i cannont believe why people dont do this haha? thanks dog
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 12:48 AM
How can I "bin" the sim?
Instructor
#13 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 1:00 AM
Take them to a dresser or mirror and click "Change Appearance".
Once that loads up click the extra options by their portrait and then click "Save Sim to Bin".
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ashillion

This is what I do too, but the tweaks wont take effect until your next game with that sim...or unless you're willing to remove them/replace with the new one.
Test Subject
#15 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 12:52 PM
Take your sim to the dresser, choose 'plan outfit' & that option will take you to the CAS main screen.

Test Subject
#16 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 9:03 PM
hey, can somebody put up a link or directions on how to install the "Twallan's supercomputer mod"? I cant register on the website and all i want to do is be able to edit my existing sims in CAS.

some guidance would be Greatly appreciated!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#17 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 9:26 PM
Twallan's supercomputer is now just Twallan's Master Controller. Google for "Nraas" and you'll find the site it's on. No registration necessary to download, and it installs the same as any .package file.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.