Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 8:47 PM
Default Making more than one design per package - problem
I thought that I wanted to add more than one design per the t-shirt to save space in the thumbnails.

Before I went to test I did delete the cache files.

I created two t-shirts with same stencil design but with different patterns&colors of the t-shirt itself, as design 1 and design 2.

But I got a problem in game. I will show it with photos, easier to explain by then.

The problem is that only one of the thumbnails shows the correct design. The other one shows the basic t-shirt. When you try to click on the second one nothing happens.

When you go to the color chooser (sorry, forgot the official name) for this t-shirt you still see the wrong thumbnail. But clicking on it...

... it works! Still wrong thumbnail, but it works! (while it did not work in first photo as you remember)

Having chosen that design previously, and have NOT changed it in ANY way, just choosing it and going back you get this, this tee shows as a modified design (by the asterisk) which is not true.

Work nicely once back in game.

Have I done something wrong?

(sorry about dark screenshots, did print screen to get the dialogue boxes too)

I hope you can help me.
I know this is not so important because I can make a new package for every tee, but it would take up space and allow for too much scrolling in game.
Thanks!
(and yes I am still fiddling with the stencil, not very happy with how distorted it looks in game)

My username here is sweetichigodream, but I am better known as Helena and/or Funny Bunny! :) would love to change username...
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 6:59 AM
I had a very similar problem to this when trying to use a pattern in the Fabrics category as an additional design... I think the issue was that I had it set as a Coloured Pattern when in fact it was an HSV pattern.

So I'd suggest trying a different pattern in the CTU, or use a solid color instead of a pattern in the design tab?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 11:41 AM
I don't recall seeing any Maxis CASparts that have exactly the same stencil but with different colours. If you think about it, thats what CAST is for. All the Maxis ones have differing stencils or no stencil at all.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 3:04 PM
You are right. I will choose the nicest one per stencil! (not easy sometimes, haha)

My username here is sweetichigodream, but I am better known as Helena and/or Funny Bunny! :) would love to change username...