Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 6:51 AM
Issue with custom clothing
Hi there,

I was trying to create a leggin for my simmies, cause I thought "simply cutting feet off" shouldn´t be that hard :/
And three changeable regions would be perfect ...

But ... I don´t get it

So far, I´m at that point:

When I tried to recolor, this happens:

can you see the pattern shining through?

I´ve tried to follow the "quick & dirty" - tut, but wasn´t able to "enable pattern B" ... is that the reason? I really have no idea, what I´ve done wrong

So ... can someone help me understanding, please?

greetings,
colabirne
Advertisement
Mother Function
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 7:16 AM
I don't think you replaced the mask...you must have replaced something else by accident if the yellow/red/magenta parts show up.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 7:39 AM
You have to create a mask for the clothes. A mask is pretty much just an outline of color for the game to recognize as a changeable area to recolor. The easiest way to make masks, they are rather easy to make with practice.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 9:23 AM
Hm ok. Thanks so far.

I think I saved my "mask" and "multilplier" wrong (switched) and so I tried, just to switch them again while replacing ...

Now I´m ending up like this:

BUT ... it is changeable, wich is kind of "a step foreward"

As you can see, the rest of the body is black. I´m pretty sure, I messed up something with the mask(?). But, as still being a dummie, I don´t know, what went wrong. Maybe a look at my .ddsfiles is showing it to you ....

(it´s called "mask", but I now used it as "multiplier")

(again: switched name. Used as mask > RGB)

(and the alpha of the mask)

Hey ... wait a minute ... doesn´t the multiplier is the one, wich needs an alpha ???
Mother Function
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 9:42 AM
Multi needs the alpha.
Mask doesn't need one.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 11:41 AM
Yeah get rid of the black on the multi and it should work fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 9:56 AM
Thank you! Seems like I finally "understood" it

It works pretty fine and I also can change all three patterns.

But something is weird:

Why is there still the brief showing up underneeth my leggin? And ... how can I get rid of it?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 10:08 AM
I think you haven't modified the Clothing Specular Texture, so the brief stays visible. Try to edit it in order it matches your main texture.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 10:53 AM
Oh great! Thanks a lot. Now everything looks like I wanted :D
Scholar
#10 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 1:54 PM
where do we find the clothing specular texture? CTU doesn't get it for us.
Test Subject
#11 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 2:31 PM
Multiplier/Texture = Alpha
Specular = No Alpha
Stencil = Alpha
Overlay = Alpha
Mask= No Alpha

Specular same to Multiplier/Texture but more opaque or more Shiny or more texture >.<
Scholar
#12 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 3:01 PM
Sorry Mason, I have no clue what you are saying there, I'm new to this. Do I have to save it differently? Do I edit a different file?

I will say that the alpha I made has no light and dark bits yet. I was basically working on it to see if it would show first. After adding a texture to it in the form of a collar, etc, I can recolour the texture but the dress underlying it all has it's own rules, It's like I have two alphas in one, but I know I haven't