Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 4:53 AM
Default LotFullofSims
I am wondering if anyone know how do do this in the sims 3 or if it is even possible? I'm sure it is but being that the game is so new, I'm not sure if anyone has figured it out yet. I know if anyone has, it would be known here. Thanks a bunch in advance.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 4:56 AM
What?

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 4:57 AM
what are we doing...? -_____________-

@gangreless- your signature just gave me the best laugh today!

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 6:17 AM
I think he means if anyone found a way to get more than eight people on a lot. To answer that, no. Btw, I don't know why SOOOOO many people want more than eight people... it's a chore already to fix the needs of four sims, and I'm sure it will be a hassle with sixteen.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 3:03 PM
Yes, that is exactly what I mean. Sorry I wasn't more specific. In the Sims 2 there was a hack LotFullofSims that would allow you to have more than 8 sims per lot. I was just wondering if anyone has figured out how to do this in the Sims 3?
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:38 PM
lololololololol

Quote: Originally posted by daluved1

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 12:57 AM
I'm currently trying to find the controller for this limit but not having much luck...And not sure exactly where to look for it...Not to mention I don't even know if I'm in the right package file to to find this. But I need this as I loaded up my game and forgot all about my main family having 8 on the lot and I have a baby coming due in about 2 months so I need to get this done ASAP.

I did attempt with testingcheatsenabled true choose to add a sim to the family and it took my oldest sim on the lot and took them off the list of characters being seen on the left. It added the 9th but the 8th was no longer visible and I had to go to the top sim and then space bar to the 9th sim on the lot. I couldn't click on their picture on the left as it wasn't visible to click on. So this is a Priority for me. I have to get this fixed or when the baby comes due I won't be able to see my 9th sim. The 9th Sim is playable but I always have to spacebar to them to make them playable.

Started from the bottom and working my way up...Anyone else we could really use your help on this...Delphy, Regina, HP, anyone with some time on their hands we could use some serious help with trying to find this controller.

I should be able to get through the entire gameplay.package file within the next hour or so...So I'll post something else if this controller is or is not in this section. I haven't been through this entire file yet so I guess now is a better time than never.

Scholar
#8 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1

Glad I could be of service

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 4:27 AM
hi, I too am also very interested in this mod. I've never attemted amaking a mod before, but if there is anything i can do to help at all (i.e. File searching...), let me know
Forum Resident
#10 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:07 AM
I made the lot full of sims mod for ts2. It was a pretty simple little thing, just changed a little bcon and a bhav test. But I don't understand TS3 at all, so I'm waiting for somebody smarter to do it. From the looks of of the land, I would hope that it's just an XML mod, so I would start digging through there for some setting. To state the very obvious, it would probably be something with the number 8.

Why would anybody want this since 8 is hard enough to manage? Well, if you get to the point where the children have transitioned to adult, and you want to marry them off and get the wife pregnant before doing so, there's a window of time there when you could have more than eight in the family, counting the unborn, just before you split up the family. It would be nice to not have to juggle things around to pull it off. Being able to space-bar to the ninth sim isn't so bad, really, as a temporary fix. But you can't do Try for Baby when you're already at eight. I've already run into that problem in two different families I've played.
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 8:50 AM
I'm definitly interested in anyting that allows us to have a lot of Sims in a single lot as well...I want to build a highrise apartment..even a small apartment building or hotel would require more than 8...or maybe another prison like I had in Sims2
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#12 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 11:53 AM
Last time I looked at the pregnancy/birth code, it hard hard coded limits for 8 sims. It's possible to override if you know where to look.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 8:26 PM
Default Yup... figured it out
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Last time I looked at the pregnancy/birth code, it hard hard coded limits for 8 sims. It's possible to override if you know where to look.

And as you stated Delphy it is a Global Change. Not a tunable change. I played with this for almost 2 hours last night and could not get it to work with certain mods. So, for the time being this project is being put on hold by me. I got too much going on right now and I can't keep up...

On a side note about this as well there is something else that is kicking me in the nuts about this is the ability to show more than 8 in the family tree on the left. I can add up to ∞ sims without an issue or least until the game crashes from to many iterations but it will not show beyond an 8th sim in the tree.

I have posted this in a different thread so just to be clear about it, if you add a 9th 10th or whatever you oldest sim will be taken out of the tree list and the only way to be able to play them on the lot is to space bar to them from the top of family tree list.

We figured it out last night over at Simlogical so it can be done. Just not proficiently yet. It has issues when adding in more than 8 sims to any one family lot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 4:09 AM
inf666ipi, how would I go about adding more sims? I not to worried about having to use the space bar to gain control over them. BTW, not sure if I'm correct or if this is even helpful but I'm wondering simce you can add more than 8 sims already perhaps it's just an issue with the household panel. I did find a package file in the UI folder called Playflowhouseholdpanel. Again this is all new to me so I'm not sure if it's helpful or not.