Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 12:04 AM
Default Less Lightning strikes
Never had an issue until I started placing hot springs: hot springs seem to be lightning magnets in my game. Yes, I have put lightning rods up, but sometimes the astetics if a rod stuck near the spring just doesn't appeal. I've looked for less strike mods, but all I've found are Sims 4.
I'm good with the rain, I just wanna stop loosing sims to strikes.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 12:22 AM
Maybe Cyjon's Fewer Lightning Fires mod. http://cyjon.net/search/node/Fewer%20Lightning%20Fires I think that should help, but not absolutely sure.

or maybe No Hot Tub Suicide http://cyjon.net/node/213

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 12:07 AM
Haven't had any fires -knock on wood- but I had one sim get struck three times in five real minues. just ould not stay out of the spring.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 12:48 AM
If it's a thunderstorm you could also use the bat box and see if you can change the weather. Really, people should not be using hot springs or tubs in thunderstorms anyway. I mean, would you?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
If it's a thunderstorm you could also use the bat box and see if you can change the weather. Really, people should not be using hot springs or tubs in thunderstorms anyway. I mean, would you?

Not anymore, but TBH before the sims I had no idea that was bad. XD