Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 9:42 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 16th Jan 2019 at 6:12 PM.
Default Can no longer mod objects into caw {solved}
Hi! I've recently un-installed and re-installed caw. The objects I had modded in previously now no longer appear. I decided to focus on a tree in particular to no avail. So first I removed my resource.cfg. Copy and pasted it back in with the framework added at the bottom, original is outside folder. Then I removed the old package folder with custom content. Made a new folder and put only the tree back in it. I fixed the tree custom content so it would appear in world builder. Not working as of now. I know that tutorial doesn't call for any more altering of the resource.cfg except the addition of the framework "package priority 501" but does the already included "package priority 29" have any effect on this?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 2:33 PM
Did you try to delete the cache files? http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595

If you're unsure about your resource file might be just easier to downaload the whole thing again from end of the first post: http://modthesims.info/t/481967

I just resently used that to get CC in my CAW and it worked.

One more thing that I can think of is that the tree package files is corrupt, maybe try testing another package file?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 10:26 PM
Thank you I needed this! So I'm thinking it is this problem I had before, I just tried to open the package and i get the read only error even though caw is not open or using the file. Does this mean the package is corrupt or is there a setting I borked?
dodgy builder
#4 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 3:26 PM
Move the file a documents location, and open it there. I guess you have them in programfiles? I guess some just move them to the desktop.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 6:12 PM
Solved! I've had this issue before and I have no idea what causes it. I've just been adding and removing my package file and resource.cfg until my stuff popped up in the meta data. Not sure what really going on but here we are.