Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 3:58 AM
Default Is there tutorial on how to programmatically access .package files?
I would like to try to make a tool that helps me re-categorize my cloth (all at once rather then one by one. I have got too many file for me to go through them one by one.)

I would like to know if there is a tutorial on
1. How to programmatically access .package file and be able to access the right resource
2. How to identify the file base on their type

I have seen previous utilities creator done both 1,2.

For example, 'Quick Easy Hair Binner' by CatOfEvilGenius can go into the package files and change the family and color bin accurately.

For example, 'Delphy's Download Organizer' can tell whether a file is a hairRecolor, hairMesh, AccessoryRecolor, AccessoryMesh, bodyMesh, ClothingRecolor, ....

If there is no tutorial particular on the points I would like to know, then is there a general programming tutorial out there? or on how SimPE is able to identify the resource/attribute? At very minimum, I would like to see if there is a way for me to figure out how to access resource in the file.

Thanks
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 5:14 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 19th Aug 2013 at 4:26 PM.
I don't believe that you're going to find a tutorial. However...

The source code for SimPE is available for download. Most of my programs also have source code available; I tend to use the SimPE DLLs to access the files, although the Clean Installer uses a simpler library. I've also seen simple source code to access the files over at MATY (I can find you the link if you'd like).

There's also information about file and record formats available in the wiki.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
I don't believe that you're going to find a tutorial. However...

The source code for SimPE is available for download. Most of my programs also have source code available; I tend to use the SimPE DLLs to access the files, although the Clean Installer uses a simpler library. I've also seen simple source code to access the files over at MATY (I can find you the link if you'd like).

There's also information about file and record formats available in the wiki.

wonderful, would you mind giving me the link.
If I have the source code, then I can read about it.
thank you very much~
Site Helper
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 1:39 AM
Here's the simple DBPF library:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,8279.0.html

The SimPE site has the SourceForge links for the source code. Just pick the version that you want:
http://sourceforge.net/p/simpe/code/896/tree/

For my programs, just check out my profile. The source code for each program is in the download thread.