Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 8:48 AM
Default Tomb Raider!
Have you been play it?

I was scared reboot is a bad thing, but I bought it.
I do not regret it... it's pretty! Many details!
When near wall, she puts her hand against it dynamically (not sure about the word).
And, it works 100% with the xBox controller without the options being set!
There are run tones!
She run differently, for wounded, scared, combat, ect.
Plus, they include old bomber jacket in DLC... it came with my game.
"Normal" effects are very good, is like High-graphic Skyrim on my computer.

Only bad is that there are some bugs, and even on easy some mobs are NOT easy.
I get my throat ripped out by wolf many times.

They break her neck and drag her away, scary!!
Also, you cannot be falling to your dead.
She only makes falling further on her face for higher.
And, she gets wounds that should make her unwalkable, but it keeps going.
She is skewed on a pipe, get foot in a trap, steps in fire...

Have you play Tomb Raider yet? Opinion?

(Also, I only play half, but the scene first pic does not happen?!)

いのなかのかわずたいかいをしらず。
I've actually been lurking here a long (read: years) time, with no account.
As well, English is not my first language, I am only learning recently.
(●ยด∀`●)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 9:35 AM
You might get more responses if you posted this in the section where people post things about other games. It's called "Greater Gaming World". This is the Off-Topic section.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 7:23 AM
I have been playing the game. And I beat it I love the game, I am going through it again. Why? I only beat it with the score of 96%. Not good enough, my friend. I am absolutely IN LOVE with the game. And I can say, I am happy with the ending.

You have to play, and find out why JUST AMAZING GAME! SOOOO AMAZING.

Solarii can be a pain in the ass. And annoying. But I love all of the characters and their different personalities. Its just amazing. And the game, is sooo real.

So, was it worth the wait? Hell yes. I have now two Collectors Editions. One unopened and one opened.

YAY! For Tomb Raider. So, thank you Crystal Dynamics, Edios, and Square Enix, for the epicness :D

OH! Use the dodge a lot! Its a really good tool. I am dead serious. Its amazing to be using. Do not think that you will get through the game without it. It just won't happen. I am letting you know now. If you want tips, message me. I have beaten the game...Twice now. But still not at the level I need -.-" I played Easy, Normal, and now Hard

Oh, yeah, the dodge is amazing, when you start leveling up. If you do it right, and click...On Y, I do believe it is for Xbox users, you can kill the bad guys instantly

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Scholar
#4 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 7:28 PM
I want to play this. It looks fun.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 6:26 AM
@frankokomando: Its frickin amazing! You need to play it. PLAY IT!

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 12:12 AM Last edited by maxon : 22nd Mar 2013 at 11:01 AM.
I've only played the first part of it so far - up to the first time you see the *******s (shan't say - spoilers). I have taken several pics but I took this one because I liked the detail of the flora:

Very attractive. The game is fun though I'm not liking the inability to create save games so I can go back and retry a bit. I've not had the wolf biting my knee yet either.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 5:51 AM
Are you using an English translator

Beep boop bop
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoboArtist
Are you using an English translator

English translator? Who are you talking to?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#9 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 10:21 PM
I played this game over my long Easter weekend. I was able to beat it with 100% completion after 3-days of addictive playing. There is incredible attention to detail, and I did also notice that she puts her hand against walls and such when walking slowly. Nice touch. Her clothing (at least the default outfit) and skin also gradually acquires dirt, wetness, injuries, or is cleaned off in water. I was able to play on Ultra with a GTX460 at1920x1200 resolution, but I turned both SSAO and Depth of Field to Normal to keep FPS in the high 40s. It looked incredible. I really wanted to try TressFX, but it slowed my FPS down to 7!!! But from what I could tell of TressFX even at 7fps, the hair animation would have been amazing. Looks like it generates and animates each individual strand of hair independently. I will have to try this again someday when I have a much beefier video card.

The voice acting is superb. The story was rather predictable, I knew how it was going to end by the 2nd base camp. However, it plays out like an epic movie with seamless cutscenes, so seamless that a couple times a few seconds would pass before I'd realized control of Lara had been returned back to me. The locations and scenery are amazing, and unlike a lot of games, there is a huge vertical component. It wouldn't surprise me if it could trigger some peoples' fear of heights!

Gameplay itself is pretty easy. Not too easy because even in Normal, there were a few battles that got the best of me a few times, but much easier than previous Tomb Raider titles. None of the puzzles were too difficult to figure out, which is different from previous titles (I had to refer to Youtube vids playthroughs for TR Anniversary, for example).

I also have to give props to Crystal Dynamics for successfully portraying Lara as a capable, intelligent, and strong female protagonist.

Resident wet blanket.
#10 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
English translator? Who are you talking to?

To おあじゃーね, the poster of this thread. Obviously.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland