Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
#76 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 7:17 PM
Sarah Pallin is so CUTE! I love her little accent. So adorkable!

"And I can see Russia from my house!"
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#77 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
Sarah Pallin is so CUTE! I love her little accent. So adorkable!

"And I can see Russia from my house!"

Her voice annoys me. She seems too hyper and perky.
Theorist
#78 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 10:46 PM
I just want to point out that the whole "I can see Russia from my house!" was NOT Sarah Palin. That was Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live, doing an impersonation of Sarah Palin. Do not confuse them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama on ABC's This Week, discussing Obamacare
What it's saying is, is that we're not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore
umm...Isn't having other people carry your medical burden exactly what national health care is?
Field Researcher
#79 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 10:52 PM
"As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008

The actual quote, for those interested. Still silly IMO, but not as bad as it was made out to be.

Cait

"If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is ‘God is crying’. And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is ‘Probably because of something you did’."
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Scholar
Original Poster
#80 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by girlgeek19
"As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008

The actual quote, for those interested. Still silly IMO, but not as bad as it was made out to be.

Ahh, okay. So Palin said that, Fey dressed it up, and now it looks ditzier than she had intended to be.
Theorist
#81 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 12:14 AM
And what Palin said was actually true. You can see Russia from Alaskan land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama on ABC's This Week, discussing Obamacare
What it's saying is, is that we're not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore
umm...Isn't having other people carry your medical burden exactly what national health care is?
Field Researcher
#82 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 12:49 AM
The silliness isn't so much what she said but the context in which she said it. Calling living in Alaska "foreign policy experience" would be like someone saying that living in Texas gave them foreign policy experience because you can see Mexico.

IMO, she would have been better off admitting to not having much foreign policy experience and playing up her domestic policy experience. Two-sided coin...McCain's knowledge of foreign policy and her knowledge of domestic policy.

Cait

"If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is ‘God is crying’. And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is ‘Probably because of something you did’."
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Test Subject
#83 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 3:01 AM
People just need to leave her alone already.

Words of derision I have swallowed with a smile. For telling my story I've been...crucified.
Scholar
Original Poster
#84 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RussaNodrey
People just need to leave her alone already.

You could say the exact same for many famous people — Britney Spears (and her sister), Michelle Obama (and her husband), the "political commentators", Anna Wintour, and so forth. Things have cooled down since McCain put her as a candidate for running mate and she announced that Bristol would have a baby at eighteen a year back, but I'm not sure if she minds the attention.
Scholar
#86 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 2:52 AM
She was on ER too.

I like her....

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Test Subject
#88 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 9:15 PM
Sarah Palin is bullshit. She's nothing but an asslicker for GWB. Though even the dumbest person- GWB doesn't like her.
''The war is the will of the God''. Oh god really. *Rolls eyes*.
Page 4 of 4