Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#151 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 4:54 PM
People!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Weren't Taking Them Seriously Because It's An April Fool's Day Joke-think, Why Would They Do Them Exactly Today?

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 6:59 PM
¡ʇı op noʎ ʍoɥ sʇɐɥʇ os ɥo

Anyway, I wish we could still have this pop up poll for a few ddays instead of one...

Oh well.
Field Researcher
#153 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simple Star
¡ʇı op noʎ ʍoɥ sʇɐɥʇ os ɥo

Awesome that!
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 8:16 PM
Lol, I had really no clue what was going on, I thought it was a game! HA! lol
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MelbGy394Bys
I remember back when they came out with the Sims 1. They claimed that they would create a NEW download every week forever. That was a lie. Then they created expansion packs for that game. Each Expansion cost us 29.99.

Then they unveiled The Sims 2. More promises were made and again, they lied. Expansion packs were released as well as Stuff Packs. Again, they cost 19.99 for the stuff packs and 29.99 or higher for the expansions. Funny thing is, the Expansions for the Sims 2 seem to follow the Sims 1 Expansions.

Now they unveil The Sims 3..... How many of you KNOW that again they are going to LIE to us? Are you prepared to spend 29.99 or higher for the 20+ Expansion packs that they will release? And what about when they come out with The Sims 4?

We spend our money on the game but we get NOTHING in return but more money to spend. I, for one, will NOT purchase any Sims 3 Products. Nor will I play another Sims game as long as I live. To EA I say, you have lied to us many many times in the past, why should we believe you now?

I waited to get Sims 1 'till it was completed, and got it all in one set...I sorta wish I'd done that with S2...I will wait to get S3 until it's available in an all-in-one pack(I'll need a gaming computer by then, anyway, 'cause my RAM is pathetic, and my processor doesn't bear mentioning)

All Hail Delphy!
Thanks all for a seriously fun Space Ponies day!
(Want more! Want more! Want more!)
Test Subject
#156 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 12:46 AM
I didn't log on until today, so obviously didn't get the survey pop-up. I feel I have to add my .02 as well.

I have a very slow computer (original Mac Mini) that chokes with TS2, Uni, NL, and OFB. I have NO intention of purchasing TS3 until I can afford a new Mac. In this tough economic climate...won't be anytime soon. I will continue to enjoy TS2 and even upgrade one more time if I have to.
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 1:30 AM
¡ʇı pǝssıɯ ʇ,upɐɥ ı ɥsıʍ

--Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.--

** Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain **
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#158 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 10:10 PM
All I gotta say is GOOGLE is my Friend and there IS a Zanistan so there MUSt be a legislature too! :0)
Scholar
#159 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 7:59 AM
I may buy Sims 3 next year... Btw sorry for off-topic, but do we really have to wait for TS3 to see the new logo?
Test Subject
#160 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 5:07 PM
Default oops
sorry but i kinda got mad and said some mean things in them. i hope i dont get in trouble for doing that x_o
Test Subject
#161 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 12:57 AM
I thought those questions were an annoying way to keep bots or something from ruining the downloads, much like typing the random letters/numbers when you register with some (most) sites, now. After the first 4 or 5, I simply clicked on a random answer without reading it. If you're going to poll your members, you shouldn't treat them like children who must be forced to take their medicine. Tell us it's a poll and add a disclaimer about the questions being seemingly nonsensical, if you must. Personally, I think it would be more honest, and more respectful to your members, if you would allow us to opt in or opt out. As an editor of a print magazine (business related) I find your method insulting and degrading and I feel you owe your members an apology for doing it. If, as you say, your survey was a serious one, then it should should have been treated in such a manner. Respectfully submitted.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#162 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 1:38 AM
I can see somebody: a) Forgot the date of the survey, b) Forgot this was a private site and c) Doesn't have sense of humour. Particular a).

Did I mention a)? Yeah, I think I did. Oh, and c). Yeah.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Scholar
#163 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 2:46 AM
Hehe I forgot to say I really liked the joke.
And to those who got mad and started flaming... I would like to know how many of them have ever contributed to the site in any way...

PS: This site rules!
#164 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 4:08 AM
Huh. Haven't gotten one of those in a few days.
Field Researcher
#165 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 11:48 AM
I think you're total swines - I even emailed Delphy because I got so freaked out about the bizarre screen-hogging questions. That'll teach me for spending all day reading all the online horror stories about the evile tricks that [so bad and unscrupulous they're unmentionable] site get up to... My brain was going, "Oh god! This is bad, isn't it? Something really wrong has happened here! Oh no, sweet MtS2 has clearly been hacked by ne'er-do-wells!" and so on.

In other words: hahaha, I was totally got by this! (But mainly because I am a paranoid foole.)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#166 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 1:00 PM
KittyFlufferDoodle, I suggest you double check the date of this thread.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
I can see somebody: a) Forgot the date of the survey, b) Forgot this was a private site and c) Doesn't have sense of humour. Particular a).

Did I mention a)? Yeah, I think I did. Oh, and c). Yeah.

A-MEN. <3

Okay, kitten, that's enough.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#168 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MelbGy394Bys
I remember back when they came out with the Sims 1. They claimed that they would create a NEW download every week forever. That was a lie. Then they created expansion packs for that game. Each Expansion cost us 29.99.

Then they unveiled The Sims 2. More promises were made and again, they lied. Expansion packs were released as well as Stuff Packs. Again, they cost 19.99 for the stuff packs and 29.99 or higher for the expansions. Funny thing is, the Expansions for the Sims 2 seem to follow the Sims 1 Expansions.

Now they unveil The Sims 3..... How many of you KNOW that again they are going to LIE to us? Are you prepared to spend 29.99 or higher for the 20+ Expansion packs that they will release? And what about when they come out with The Sims 4?

We spend our money on the game but we get NOTHING in return but more money to spend. I, for one, will NOT purchase any Sims 3 Products. Nor will I play another Sims game as long as I live. To EA I say, you have lied to us many many times in the past, why should we believe you now?

You have to pay for all the games that exist... Why did you think that you didn't have to pay for an expansion pack of the Sims or the Sims 2?? What you have said have no sense... I can't wait for the release of The Sims 3, I'm going to buy it the day I see it the first time... and I'll be waiting for new expansion packs with impatience...
And if you want free things... well, download them here... there are a lot of things that other people have done...

Oh... and Delphy... I liked the survey... above all the questions that I had to write... I tried to answer sth with some sense... but maybe it hadn't sense

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Field Researcher
#169 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 5:22 PM
I tried to answer it. Honestly I did. I have no idea if I even managed to send my answer and while I don't recall the question, I do recall that it confused me. Hopefully I both sent my response and it made sense. I don't know though.
What just happend?
retired moderator
#170 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 6:20 PM
Faerieimp, Believe me when I tell you that, anything you wrote on that day would have made sense!

Life is for LIVING so, LIVE it and have Fun

Please use "spell check" when posting!!!
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.
Field Researcher
#171 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 5:05 AM
Maybe it's not an international holiday, but April 1st is also known as April Fool's Day. It's a day of playful jokes. You know, ha ha hee hee.

"Insulting?" Okay, so you didn't get it was a joke. "Degrading?" Now you've gotta be kidding me. Maybe for someone who has lived an uncommonly blessed life, but for most of the unlucky world, being degraded is not in the same category as joke pop-ups.
Test Subject
#172 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 3:52 PM
I... think I missed all of this. The questions and stuff. I just woke up, and I seriously can't remember! LOL! BTW, I love this site! This site is awesome!
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 5:44 PM
I am not sure which was more funny, the poll or the flames... Had great fun with both. Thank you!

All my creations are free to use, no permission required. Make any changes that you want, as long as you don't upload it as your own work. Please visit us at http://TheIsleofCatarinaSims.com .We are former members of SapphireSims2, and have creations for Sims 2,3,and 4.
Test Subject
#174 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 7:58 AM
˙ɹəʌo ʎllɐıɔıɟɟo sı s,looɟ lıɹdɐ poƃ ʞuɐɥʇ ˙plıɥɔ ʎddɐɥ ɐ ɯɐ ı
Test Subject
#175 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 1:02 AM
So, now I understand this to have been an April Fool's Day joke. The problem is, by the time it was activated, on this side of the world (Asia), it was already April 2. I suppose that's the price I pay for being so far from home and away from traditions of the West. In any event, It's nice that some people enjoyed it. Despite all that, MTS2 is still the best Sims related site on the Net! Thanks to all the talented and generous CCs here (and everywhere). I'll be ready next April 2nd!
Page 7 of 9