Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 2:35 AM Last edited by pare321 : 13th Jan 2011 at 5:02 AM.
How is it unhealthy to show to human body in it's natural form?

Also,
Quote: Originally posted by wickedblue
I think she's gorgeous and talented and far more outrageous than I could ever be - what with that whole trying to blend into the wallpaper thing I have going on

She seems to blend into the wallpaper just fine in that photo up there..

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 4:21 AM
Being too big is just as bad as being too small, although purging is generally seen as worse than binging. Being legitimately healthy can be the hardest road to go down, but is also the most beneficial. Being curvy and being obese are two completely different things.

Apart from that, I don't know much about her. From the small amount I've seen she's crude and attention-seeking, although I can't properly judge.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 1ove
She's been under fire for being so big, but others say she's realistic.

I don't understand this. How can a person be not realistic? I mean... I'm thin, am I not realistic? Because I'm real...
About this particular girl, I don't know about her, but I've seen a lot of non thin models (I have photography as a hobby so... yeah I know some models) so I find it... normal
Alchemist
#29 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 8:19 PM
I'm not sure what I think about her... I'm ok with overweight persons, as both my mother and my grandmother are, but... She is too... I don't know the certain word for it, other than cheeky. She is not attractive. Not even for a lesbian, as she says she is one. Nobody is going to be turned on by her posing nude. Really, now.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Alchemist
#30 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 8:50 PM
^ I agree, The Creeper. I don't think she's attractive at all, and no, it's not because of her weight, but because of the way (in these few pictures I've seen) she dresses like someone much thinner. I don't think it's "realistic" either, because every single body type is realistic. It's extremely unhealthy to be obese, and not natural or realistic.

I sound hateful, but I really don't have anything against anyone, of any size, I just think she needs to tone it down a little.
Instructor
#31 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 10:24 PM
@TheCreeper
Not even for a lesbian...?
Do you think, that all lesbians are ugly and the only reason to sleep with women is, because they can't find a man...???!!

As a lesbian, I don't care, if Beth is a lesbian too. That doesn't make her more attractive.No bonus points.

As a woman, i would never show my ass on a magazin's cover like she does. You have to be very exhibitionistic to do that.

I'm glad, that Karl Lagerfeld made some clothes for her. Before that, her style looks like a trash bag.
I like her music, she has a very powerful voice.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VampireSim
@TheCreeper
Not even for a lesbian...?
Do you think, that all lesbians are ugly and the only reason to sleep with women is, because they can't find a man...???!!
Exactly what I was wondering.

Personally I like to see a variety of body shapes and different styles out there in the fashion world. I admire Beth Ditto for not bowing to the pressure to look a certain way, and this isn't just about her weight, she's got quite a unique style too. It's nice to have a bit of a change.
Inventor
#33 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheCreeper
She is not attractive. Not even for a lesbian, as she says she is one.

Um...what?

Nobody is going to be turned on by her posing nude. Really, now.

Funny thing about people - we all have different tastes. I think she's hot. Now, looking at her nude isn't really going to turn me on, 'cause I'm not stimulated that way, but I wouldn't turn her down if she showed up at my door.

There's an awful lot of judgment about her being trashy because of what she wears or how she poses and the way I see it - judging her is a hell of a lot trashier than what she is doing.

kittens!
Instructor
#34 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 10:24 AM
I like her, because she's doing things in her own way. She doesn't care, what most of the people are doing, or how they appear. She has her own style and that is seldom in this business.

And, as an artist, I want to say: There is beauty in everything and everyone.
I love the variety of life.
Scholar
#35 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 6:50 PM
I'm not sure what I think about her... I'm ok with overweight persons, as both my mother and my grandmother are, but... She is too... I don't know the certain word for it, other than cheeky. She is not attractive. Not even for a lesbian, as she says she is one. Nobody is going to be turned on by her posing nude. Really, now.

Dear TheCreeper,
It must be hard living with two people who are overweight, how do you do it? I'm impressed that you tolerate other people's fat-- that takes a lot courage and insight, as they really are quite disgusting. So are lesbians. I mean Lesbians right? So ookie! They're all butch and they play softball, what's up with that? Of course attraction isn't subjective, and because you know this, and were kind enough to let us know that anyone finding her attractive is just silly, I thank you. I also like that you've implied overweight people shouldn't model. It's high time that we fire all those high-profile overweight models, because they're unhealthy, and shouldn't be photographed. I mean, where are all the thin models?
With adoration, Pare321.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Page 2 of 2