Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 3:40 PM
Default WCIF businesses/shops that are fully stocked for my sims
So I'm starting over yet again and I'm having major issues finding fully stocked businesses...where they are already stocked with items. I had this huge ikea type business lot years ago that I downloaded from somewhere that I can't seem to find. Does anyone know of any OFB stores that I can download that already have products in them? I've looked through every page here on MTS but they're all community lots not stores. I also went through every page on TSR and didn't find anything. Anyone have any links to stocked businesses?
Advertisement
Meet Me In My Next Life
#2 Old 16th Sep 2019 at 10:54 PM
There are plenty of Sims 2 members and creators that have ready to go OFB business already set up for example joandsarah77 here http://www.modthesims.info/d/619543...upermarket.html
Not trying to blow my horn but here my Boutique shop fully furniture also with an installed elevator if you don't like the building outside color feel free to change here
http://www.modthesims.info/d/293897...shed-no-cc.html

NOTE: Just make sure you have the right EP for it.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Sep 2019 at 11:16 PM
Some Ikea's on here http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...gs=1&f=149&gs=1

Just look up #store or #shop and there are stocked stores on here.
http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...gs=1&f=149&gs=1
http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...gs=1&f=149&gs=1

So, not sure what you mean they are only community lots. They are all zoned community of course.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#4 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 8:01 AM Last edited by natboopsie : 19th Sep 2019 at 6:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Manda9102
I've looked through every page here on MTS but they're all community lots not stores.

In case it's part of what's frustrating you about your search---the only items that will ever be instantly available for sims to browse and buy from a downloaded lot are those on the Maxis displays that EAxis coded as shoppable:
* Grocery displays
* Clothing racks
* Magazine and game displays
* Gadget kiosk
* Perfume display
* Jewelry display
* Souvenir display (only works in BV vacation subhoods)

The beauty of OFB was that it allowed you to set almost any other objects in the game as for sale---but this still is only true when the lot is actively owned by one of your sims. So even after you find a downloadable community lot that's stocked to your satisfaction with any items *other* than the ones above, you must go through the following steps after that lot is placed in your hood, or nothing at all on the lot will be set for sale and available to buy:

1) Have one of your sims buy the lot (use any home telephone, or a cell phone: Real Estate>Buy Community Lot).
2) Send a sim from the owning household to the newly owned shop.
3) Have that sim manually set for sale every object on the business lot that you want to have made buyable, by clicking on each individual item in price-tag mode on the business interface (top-right when you're at the owned business lot).
4) Arrange for there to be someone to run the cash register, either by training your owner sim or an employee that you hire. You can bypass this step by installing Inge's Auto Cash Register, which doesn't require you hire or train any cashier at all and is even smoother and quicker than a gold-badge cashier at allowing sims to pay. (That object was made recolorable/invisible by gummilutt here; gummilutt also added some additional recolors here).

I've gone into a lot of detail, but since you seemed to be frustrated that none of the lots you looked at were immediately available as shops, I wondered if maybe you could use a refresher on how to make all the items of your choice actually "buyable"!

Good luck.

ETA: On an owned lot, all the display types I listed in my bulleted list (starting with "grocery displays") will actually stop functioning until you use the price-tag tool to set the entire display for sale. And then they will work as they normally do (selling groceries or gadgets or whatever, *not* selling the display itself), except that your owning family will have to manually restock the display when it runs out---just as the owning family also must restock anything else that the shop has for sale whenever it sells out.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/